Richo v horse

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Re: Richo v horse

stevie wrote:We need a cunning plan, milord

We already have a cunning plan, seemingly one that requires turnips........

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
ChrisRyanSaints
Club Player

We we we sh should er sack Al Alan Richardson.

The the Positive thing to to do is is get a new coach.

Positive Positive Positively speak speaking we should do do do do do this. Yes my. Y name is Alan Alan Rich Richardson

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:We have 3 distinct plans.

Well the bomb it to the forward 30 one has been well and truly worked out by our opposition coaches now and needs to be culled from our gamebook.

Time to adjust and invent a replacement.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
apples1403

Loss of Webster is huge for the Saints.

With both Webster and Roberton, we have fast skilled rebounding half back flankers who are also very good defensively. We are now down to one and the opposition can put time into Roberton - really limits our attacking options.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

apples1403 wrote:Loss of Webster is huge for the Saints.

With both Webster and Roberton, we have fast skilled rebounding half back flankers who are also very good defensively. We are now down to one and the opposition can put time into Roberton - really limits our attacking options.
We are badly overrating Webster I think.

His disposal is awful.

I think people get sucked in by how hard he drills it, and the fact that left footers look smoother. But it's no good drilling it smoothly into the arms of an opponent every week.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:

Well the bomb it to the forward 30 one has been well and truly worked out by our opposition coaches now and needs to be culled from our gamebook.

We lacked Bruce's work rate to make that tactic work yesterday and Paddy wasn't much of a presence at all so it broke down. We were using Gresham as a forward target :shock:

It did work really well for a few weeks but this is the nature of AFL - there are teams of full time strategists at clubs who spend all week working out how to undo team tactics that are working well. The Swans did well to drag Saints forwards away from our forward 50. We seemed flat too (thank Murphy!) and couldn't lock it in with that manic energy we've brought before.

Against GWS Sinclair was the player who could lower his eyes and hit up targets as a nice counter-point to BAL - "Bomb and Lock" - and it put GWS defenders in two minds to sit back deep or push up to cut out the lead. Sinclair was pretty much MIA yesterday. We need him and some more better kickers to step up and give us another dimension to BAL - players who can hit players on the lead to keep possession and and don't let defenders be able to predict what we will do.

I don't think you throw out BAL. But you keep evolving your game plan and players to be as multi-dimensional and complex as possible. Richo is learning his caper just like Paddy and Billings. I'm happy to see him keep trying things and playing the long game with our game plan. Our forward line just did not work yesterday so its hard to judge BAL on that.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

ChrisRyanSaints wrote:We we we sh should er sack Al Alan Richardson.

The the Positive thing to to do is is get a new coach.

Positive Positive Positively speak speaking we should do do do do do this. Yes my. Y name is Alan Alan Rich Richardson
Are you serious?

That's a real 1980's St Kilda attitude. Back in the good old days when we were real winners! We saw a repeat of those glory days in 2007, when a few thousand bone headed members threw out a good Administration by text message and installed a manifestly incompetent new regime because we missed the finals. They would have sacked Ross Lyon too if they had their way.

Many Geelong supporters wanted Bomber Thomson sacked at the end of 2006. Gee that would have been a stunning call. Many Hawthorn supporters wanted Clarkson sacked at the end of 2006. That would've have been another stunner. Fremantle have stuck by Lyon and it will pay dividends.

So on the back of one ordinary performance leaving us 5 & 4, you want to sack the Coach? Should we then bring in a Messiah, say Robert Harvey, just like the good old 80's? Why don't we reopen the St Kilda Disco while we're at it?

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Longmire has had the wood on us since he started coaching the Swans.

Lyon, Watters & Richo, he's had the better of them all.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Two months later
Nothings changed.
Four years and richo has gotten no effing idea how to get his team to come close to beating horses.
17 more scoring shots !
Bloody lucky to only get done by 40 odd points.

In red white and black from 73
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

inside 50- 65 to 37

I want Hamill and Richo to leave and never come back.
Melbourne has overtaken us and our "coaches" (I use that word sarcastically)
have no idea about how to actually COACH

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
sainters85
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote:inside 50- 65 to 37

I want Hamill and Richo to leave and never come back.
Melbourne has overtaken us and our "coaches" (I use that word sarcastically)
have no idea about how to actually COACH
u could probably add carlton to that list as well. Well coached and development seems to be superior relative to ours

suss
Club Player

He might be a better coach but one of those teams has the benefit of an academy though - something to keep in mind. Two of their best players tonight in Mills and Heeney cost them miles under value. Got them after playing off in prelims and grand finals.

We would be spending a mil a year less too on players.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:

tony74 has 3 plans:
- keep getting a nice salary from the Saints
- pay off mortgage quicker
- save up for that Europe trip

If the club happens to win any games, it's more by accident than design

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

When we get given two top two picks for a late first round pick and the best forward in the AFL for free I will compare the two teams.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

We overlooked horse for our job in favour of RL in 2007. Oh what might have been! What a classical saints' sliding doors moment!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
ROLS-LEE
Club Player

I only see 1. hand pass hand pass chip kick turn it over. We are a slow unskillful side and its hard to watch.
We have good players but the game plan does not suit and we are too slow.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:
suss wrote:I can't remember us getting so comprehensively out coached - couldn't get it out of the backline, couldn't get it into the forward line, couldn't switch play without going 80 metes backwards and couldn't use th corridor.

Just smashed all across the ground for four full quarters. On our own turf too.
Probably the third game this season where Richo has been pantsed in coaching. Good developer of players, but an ordinary match day coach IMO
Good 'developer of players'?!?!

According to what criteria?

The lack of development is the biggest problem we've got.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

longtimesaint wrote:One problem is we can't take a mark in the forwards ( last week as well) and we seem disorganized in the forwards.
Swapping Bruce for Paddy had no positive improvement.
It ain't just the forwards who are disorganised. Wouldn't matter much if they were, given how few times the rest of the side was organised enough to get the ball somewhere near the forwards inside 50.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
The Recruit
Club Player

I was at the game
Like last week we never looked like winning. Ever.

Our assistant coaches need to be more tacticle...unfortunately after two and a half weeks of poor performance the team has lost our trust. The light at the end of this never ending tunnel isn't getting any brighter.

Need to bring in some real coaching expertise in off season..Buckley would be ideal.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

The Recruit wrote:I was at the game
Like last week we never looked like winning. Ever.

Our assistant coaches need to be more tacticle...unfortunately after two and a half weeks of poor performance the team has lost our trust. The light at the end of this never ending tunnel isn't getting any brighter.

Need to bring in some real coaching expertise in off season..Buckley would be ideal.
AS what?
Almost as funny as those calling for Rob Harvey as senior coach!

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
stevie wrote:We need a cunning plan, milord

We already have a cunning plan, seemingly one that requires turnips........
We wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it danced naked on a table in front of us with a feather sticking out of its bottom singing, "Cunning plans are here to stay." (Blackadder goes forth).

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
realdeal
Club Player

Unfortunately I started reading the thread and agreed what was being said and then I realized that it was from 2 months ago and nothing had changed.. a complete deja vu from the last time we played.

A group of us discussed pre-game how it may play out tonight and low and behold we were right. Needless to say, we aren't A.Clarkson coaching but something needs to change.. Richo is so predictable it's a joke..

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:
spert wrote:
suss wrote:I can't remember us getting so comprehensively out coached - couldn't get it out of the backline, couldn't get it into the forward line, couldn't switch play without going 80 metes backwards and couldn't use th corridor.

Just smashed all across the ground for four full quarters. On our own turf too.
Probably the third game this season where Richo has been pantsed in coaching. Good developer of players, but an ordinary match day coach IMO
Good 'developer of players'?!?!

According to what criteria?

The lack of development is the biggest problem we've got.
"Oh look, Seb Ross has come on really well, so Richo must be a great developer!"
Well, I think Seb has gotten better and is in the leadership group because he has worked on his game and developed himself, in spite of, not because of, any damn coaches.
For every Seb, there's 5 other Saints who have not improved, so they've actually gone backwards as the game has passed them by.
Richo and the other coaches- in my opinion- would rank 18th for development results in the AFL.
I wonder if the club is scared to conduct a coaching review in light of past poor decisions, and scaring off
those with a lot of money in coterie groups.
"Nothing to see here folks, drink your champagne, the Titanic is unsinkable,
full steam ahead, that bump was just a large wave, just relax !"