Ouch!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint wagga
Club Player

Ouch!

Gee whiz that was painful to watch. Two teams on a completely different plane today. We just weren't up for the fight so really the whole game was a right off!! More mature sides probably lose by 20 points, not 50! But this season is about momentum and timing. Getting gun sides on off days anyone is a chance. The crows result against the Roos sums this up best!!

I think what hurt most was their players running our noses in it! Had to watch it at a pub surrounded by swans fans and it just hurt for the qtr and a half! Humiliating! Is it redeemable within a week? Results from this season so far across the board say probably not, teams tend to go off the boil for more than just a week, especially after a total stinker!

Picking specific players to point the blame at seems almost pointless. One stat I'd be interested in seeing is mccartin' contests won or lost that he got to vs Bruce's? There stats look similar but it did look like Bruce created a lot more contests, but that might not be accurate??

We missed Webster and newnes run and drive for sure! Mackenzie got enough ball and defensively did enough for mine, expecting him to provide as much run and carry as Webster probably not fair, he needs more games as Webster has been afforded to gain confidence in his kicking and run and dash.

Bruce and mccartin probably need each other to attract sufficient attention from defenders, they aren't good enough against multiple defenders just yet...what happened to playing all 3 and roo just in wing. I feel like after macartins first bag in vfl, should of come straight in, has to learn at afl level if not injured! I feel we wasted maybe 2 weeks of vfl games, he just looked off the afl pace today but should certainly get another go!

Any other specific player analysis and changes, too soon, still too flat to consider it!! But I'll say no wholesale changes, we've been good enough to allow players a chance to redeem unless injuries rule out