We may be playing in Shanghai in 2018!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

We may be playing in Shanghai in 2018!

Postby saintspremiers » Sat 20 May 2017 6:12am

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/gold-coast ... w93gz.html

WARNING:

The above contents has been written by someone who may cause offence and is only suitable to read by those who can read.

Here's hoping we go to China. Bring it on!
i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: We may be playing in Shanghai in 2018!

Postby samuraisaint » Sat 20 May 2017 9:29am

We have to sell our home game for that to happen don't we?
I think it's all a devious plot by Port not to have to face us in Melbourne again for the fifteenth time in 18 seasons. No wonder we've only won a third of our games against 'em.
Remember our record in Wellington - 0-3 and two of those losses were to teams significantly weaker and younger than we were at the time.
Mind you if the club makes half a million dollars + profit from it I am ashamed to say that I am for it. I would also support a game played in Auckland, but only if the profit margin rewards are significant.
Last edited by samuraisaint on Sat 20 May 2017 9:32am, edited 1 time in total.
Since 1873 - Red, White and Black - These colours don't run.
samuraisaint
SS Life Member

Postby BigMart » Sat 20 May 2017 9:31am

Hope not... it's disruptive and achieves nothing

These gimmicks are not worth pursuing.. but we are always willing to be guinea pigs
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Postby samuraisaint » Sat 20 May 2017 9:40am

BigMart wrote:Hope not... it's disruptive and achieves nothing

These gimmicks are not worth pursuing.. but we are always willing to be guinea pigs

I agree 100% with you on this, but at the moment our current agreement with Docklands is suffocating. This should change soon but if we were to host Port here in Melbourne with their supporter base which doesn't travel, and our supporter base which doesn't turn up in significant numbers at present, we would have to pay half a million dollars.

It will be interesting to see what the crowd is like versus Sydney today. Their supporters were in disappointing numbers last week according to a North supporter mate, however the Swans seem to be getting into a bit of form and are getting players back, plus we should draw an extra 5000 of our members than we got last week as we're on a bit of a roll ourselves.
Since 1873 - Red, White and Black - These colours don't run.
samuraisaint
SS Life Member

Postby carn_sainter » Sat 20 May 2017 10:05am

Awful idea. Capitalist greed and neooliberal delusion would be the only forces behind such a decision.

Can we be a footy club instead?
carn_sainter
Club Player

Postby #gosaintas » Sat 20 May 2017 10:07am

I hope we do. Good excuse for a footy trip.
#gosaintas
Club Player

Postby Linton Lodger » Sat 20 May 2017 7:24pm

Spare me. No! Our game is indigenous to Australia. China or New Zealand. What a wank!
Linton Lodger
Club Player

Postby WellardSaint » Sat 20 May 2017 7:26pm

if we land Dustin Martin, will he be allowed to travel to China with the team?

Most folk can't mix medicine and liquor, he can't mix chopsticks and liquor :lol: :shock: :oops:
Richo is like Moses in the Bible. Moses promised the faithful that he would lead them to the Promised Land.
Instead, he made them travel in circles for 40 years.
Richo- you ain't the answer. And if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
Simple
WellardSaint
SS Life Member

Postby Bluthy » Sat 20 May 2017 9:24pm

ARen't they anti-religious - would they want the Saints there? And would we be ok cow-toweling to a viscous controlling bunch of fascist despots. WEll they have loads of money and economic power so we can ignore all the human rights abuses I guess. So much principle in professional sport right.
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Postby saintbrat » Sat 20 May 2017 9:26pm

Finnis was asked today- and was curious as the suggestion has NEVER been discussed by Management or Board and the club is firmly focused on the nearer Neighbours- NZ
StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly......Contributing to the needs of Saints!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014- 31,134 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=83276
Membership 2015 32,746 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=87701&hilit=membership+2015
MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=89838&p=1585759#p1585759
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Postby saintsRrising » Sat 20 May 2017 9:51pm

saintspremiers wrote:
Here's hoping we go to China. Bring it on!

You do understand that it would be a St Kilda HOME Game that we would have to give up? In yet another AFL rort PA are allowed to use the game to generate sponosorship revenue at the expense of another team's home game.

So no f********** way.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sat 20 May 2017 11:28pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Postby Enrico_Misso » Sat 20 May 2017 11:09pm

Journalist an international embarassment
"Understand that you are all custodians of the St Kilda Football Club...you are responsible for making the difficult decisions to make this Club great. Those decisions will not always be popular, for popular decisions are easily made - but those that will truly make us great are those that challenge us most." - Allan Jeans as told to Chris Pelchen 2012.
Enrico_Misso
Saintsational Legend

Location: Moorabbin Chapter of The Royal Society of Hagiographers

Postby dals_da_bomb » Sun 21 May 2017 5:26pm

Ugh thats annoying - cant they move it anywhere other than shanghai?
We just came back from a trip that finished in shanghai and i hated it with every core of my existence.

I refuse to go back to there at least to they get toilet paper and do something about the buckets.
*shudder*
there is way to many people in that city to provide buckets with no lids for used toilet paper.
The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
dals_da_bomb
Club Player

Postby saynta » Sun 21 May 2017 5:33pm

saintbrat wrote:Finnis was asked today- and was curious as the suggestion has NEVER been discussed by Management or Board and the club is firmly focused on the nearer Neighbours- NZ

Thank god for that. My prayers must be getting through.

Anyway, you only have to look at who wrote the article to know it is utter bulls***.

The crap that spews out of that woman disguised as news is unbelievable.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Return to Saintsational Fan Forum (open to all ages)