Official Team vs Sydney

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Re: Official Team vs Sydney

Postby Sainternist » Thu 18 May 2017 11:30pm

Does this mean our forward line doesn't have room for both Bruce and McCartin?
The Saints are looking prettay...prettay...prettay...PRETTY GOOD!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Postby dragit » Thu 18 May 2017 11:32pm

Sainternist wrote:Does this mean our forward line doesn't have room for both Bruce and McCartin?

I think if they can both take marks and kick goals then there will be room, unfortunately neither are consistently at present so they can take turns.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Postby ace » Thu 18 May 2017 11:36pm

Proph3t of egan wrote:does this mean that we wont see savage at senior level again unless crueled by injury?

Some defender has to stuff up or be injured.
He will now realise that he is only backup.
A phone call to his agent was probably made tonight.
Find out what prospects possible at another club next year.
Last edited by ace on Thu 18 May 2017 11:53pm, edited 1 time in total.
The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Postby desertsaint » Thu 18 May 2017 11:40pm

#gosaintas wrote:
PremiershipSaint wrote:Dunstan's stats were ok but he had no impact. Don't know what Richo sees in him.

I so agree with this. No influence whatsoever.

28 possies, second most tackles, fifth most score involvements, seventh ranked player. did nothing. richo must be an idiot :roll:
"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Postby stonecold » Thu 18 May 2017 11:45pm

Con Gorozidis wrote:I am shocked. Bruce goal kicking down but he puts in a mountain of work imo. Tackles hard and runs all day.

Sorry Conny, but if your shocked, you've been living under a mushroom and a magic one at that!!!!!
'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!
stonecold
Club Player

Postby Zed » Thu 18 May 2017 11:49pm

Bruce has struggled to take a contested mark all year. If a run at Sandy means he gets his marking confidence back then he will come back a much better player. A couple,of weeks now at Sandy could see Bruce return back to career best form later this year.
St Kilda - its character building.
Zed
Club Player

Postby ace » Thu 18 May 2017 11:51pm

fugazi wrote:Really think this is a mistake, I just hope it's a bit of a wake up for Brucey but we will miss his massive tank and contesting.

It scares me with Riewoldt dodgy, Membrey mid sized and McCartin both fragile and lacking a tank and not overly tall.
I fear what might happen in the final quarter.

What I am saying is I don't like the idea of relying on McCartin to deliver or be in the contest when it counts.
If Riewoldt were 100% I would not be so concerned.
I hope McCartin does play out the game well because that would make him a valuable asset.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Postby ChrisRyanSaints » Fri 19 May 2017 12:12am

Ridiculous decisions.
Reiwoldt is sore. Its now apparent NICK runs the club. Legend but he is letting his ego get in the way here.
McCartin shouldve come back against carlton a lower end team.
Hes now playing sydney who is top 4 back on track???

We will get thumped.

Sydney by 36 points.

All this BS about us being contenders I have not seen anything that great yet. Melbourne Bulldogs THATS how ya play footy. They are a another level and the swans are top 4 make no mistake.
ChrisRyanSaints
Club Player

Postby bigcarl » Fri 19 May 2017 12:18am

ace wrote:If Riewoldt were 100% I would not be so concerned.

He's not, or at hasn't been over the past few weeks. Which kind of begs the question of where you draw the line for injured superstars?

They are always carrying a niggle or two but it's a concern when it becomes a hobble.
Last edited by bigcarl on Fri 19 May 2017 12:27am, edited 1 time in total.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Postby Proph3t of egan » Fri 19 May 2017 12:26am

ChrisRyanSaints wrote:Ridiculous decisions.
Reiwoldt is sore. Its now apparent NICK runs the club. Legend but he is letting his ego get in the way here.

We will get thumped.

Sydney by 36 points.

All this BS about us being contenders I have not seen anything that great yet. Melbourne Bulldogs THATS how ya play footy. They are a another level and the swans are top 4 make no mistake.

That's ridiculous. If nick is not able to play, the coaches won't let him, nothing to do with ego. Last I checked Sydney were bottom 4 not top 4. Only wins this season are against Brisbane and north Melbourne, two other celler dwellers. We are ahead of both Melbourne and Bulldogs, so I don't really know what you are talking about there. And if Sydney are top 4 after playing two decent games, then wow, I can't believe how close to the premiership we should be since we've won 5
Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
Proph3t of egan
Club Player

Postby dragit » Fri 19 May 2017 12:38am

ChrisRyanSaints wrote:Melbourne Bulldogs THATS how ya play footy. They are a another level and the swans are top 4 make no mistake.

So doggies, dees & swans all top 4… sounds legit.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Postby bigcarl » Fri 19 May 2017 12:57am

That's ridiculous. If nick is not able to play, the coaches won't let him, nothing to do with ego.

As a very, very senior player I'd say it would be up to him to make the call.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Postby ace » Fri 19 May 2017 1:00am

bigcarl wrote:
ace wrote:If Riewoldt were 100% I would not be so concerned.

He's not, or at hasn't been over the past few weeks. Which kind of begs the question of where you draw the line for injured superstars?

They are always carrying a niggle or two but it's a concern when it becomes a hobble.

Could it be that Riewoldt won't play due to injury / management and Josh Bruce who has been named as an emergency will come back into the team.

St Kilda and Sandringham play at roughly the same time on Saturday and at least one of Bruce, Savage or Minchington will have to be held back as the last minute emergency.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Postby The_President » Fri 19 May 2017 1:07am

People are talking like Bruce has been setting the world on fire.

Struggled to kick multiple goals in a game
Struggled to get 10+ possessions a game
Struggled to take marks in a game

Paddy's gone back to the VFL and slotted 18 from 5 games.
The way the VFL guys spoke after the weekend, he could've increased that tally to 23-24 goals in 5 games.

If you read the reports, Paddy is basically the reason they won on the weekend and that he played one hell of a last quarter.

If Bruce doesn't deserve a spell on his results & if Paddy doesn't deserve a promotion on his results, then I give up watching this grand game.
The_President
Club Player

Postby Winmar » Fri 19 May 2017 1:21am

I agree. Paddy is in much better form, albeit at the next level down, so should play ahead of Bruce.
Winmar
Club Player

Postby mad saint guy » Fri 19 May 2017 2:56am

I'm very nervous about this week's selections. With no Bruce, Wright or Minchington we lose a lot of manic pressure in the forward line. Roo needs to start moving freely again if we are to beat Sydney. While I'm glad Paddy gets a chance I don't expect him to put up big numbers against Grundy, who matches up on him perfectly. We've gone for skill over work rate and pressure in our forward line - this could work out brilliantly or it could bomb horribly. I'm also a bit concerned that we could be found out in defence - Gilbert will have to be our backup ruck which means Roberton will have to take Reid or Sinclair for a fair portion of the game. We really need someone to stand up in Webster's role. At the moment I'm not convinced McKenzie is going to get more than 13-15 possessions and his disposal has been suspect at AFL level to date. A break-out performance from Dmac would go a long way towards us winning the game.
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Postby saintspremiers » Fri 19 May 2017 6:03am

You know what?

Paddy is more than likely to kick more than his best haul of 2 goals tomorrow. With no Bruce there he knows it's up to him now, along with the Skunk to deliver our goals. All Paddy needs is a bit of confidence and concussion free footy and I'm tipping this will be the breakout game we have all been waiting to see.

Don't ever forget the power of the mind - look what the Dees did in Adelaide for Hogan.
i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Postby Joe Bloggs » Fri 19 May 2017 9:17am

ChrisRyanSaints wrote:Ridiculous decisions.

We will get thumped.

Sydney by 36 points.

Mate....please barrack for someone​ else.
Joe Bloggs
Club Player

Postby Beno88 » Fri 19 May 2017 9:27am

If Riewoldt was 100%, or even 90%, Bruce would be in the side.

Riewoldt on one leg is still better than most going around, but at the moment he hasn't got it in his legs to play four quarters on a wing. Hence we can't play four key forwards.

I noticed last week that when Bruce was up the ground, Riewoldt and Membrey had excellent leading patterns and often left good holes for guys like Billings and Gresham to drop into. Bruce seemed to either lead to the same spots as Roo and Membrey, or lead too early and fill the hole before the kicker was looking. I think Bruce is definitely in our best 22 but he must improve his leading patterns.

Paddy is a natural forward. He knows when and where to lead. He is the only natural full forward on our list, he needs to make it his own.
Beno88
Club Player

Postby #gosaintas » Fri 19 May 2017 9:44am

If Roo isn't fit enough to play on the wing he shouldn't be playing at all. Richo has to stand up to him.
#gosaintas
Club Player

Postby The Fireman » Fri 19 May 2017 9:56am

if roo isnt fit enough Id still play him.. an unfit roo = better than most
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Postby magnifisaint » Fri 19 May 2017 10:00am

f*** there are lot experts on this site!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Postby Con Gorozidis » Fri 19 May 2017 10:15am

The Fireman wrote:if roo isnt fit enough Id still play him.. an unfit roo = better than most

Absurd concept
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Postby stonecold » Fri 19 May 2017 10:29am

desertsaint wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:
PremiershipSaint wrote:Dunstan's stats were ok but he had no impact. Don't know what Richo sees in him.

I so agree with this. No influence whatsoever.

28 possies, second most tackles, fifth most score involvements, seventh ranked player. did nothing. richo must be an idiot :roll:

Some clowns on here like to use Dunstan as a whipping boy, so it never matters what he does or doesn't do, end of story!!!!!
'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!
stonecold
Club Player

Postby The Fireman » Fri 19 May 2017 10:42am

Con Gorozidis wrote:
The Fireman wrote:if roo isnt fit enough Id still play him.. an unfit roo = better than most

Absurd concept

an absurd fact...is that an oxymoron ?
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Saintsational Fan Forum (open to all ages)