Our Response To Murphygate

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Re: Our Response To Murphygate

Joffa Burns wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:Sainternist, don't let cap'n pugwash get under your skin pal! Not worth it!
That's sound advice, Jiggster. I guess he's looking to get some publicity or notoriety from it. Best not to give it any oxygen. I think he looks more like Cap'n Pugwash's sidekick. Wasn't that character called Master Bate? Seems most appropriate.
I think the first mate was Seaman Staynes. Tom the cabin boy's role was the subject of not so subtle humour as well. The writers must have had a field day writing double entendres for adults, in the context of a kid's show.
Hahaha That's it - Seaman Staynes. I think there was also a character called Master Bate or something along those lines.
It was a Master Mate :lol:
And don't forget the arch enemy of the captain was Cut throat Jake!
Ah, very good! I think that'll have to be Jake Carlisle's new nickname.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

The "Pugwash" ( Fitzsimmons ) " article" was by far the worst, in a week of sickening opinion pieces based on flimsy evidence

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Grimfang
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:I'm moving on from all this with only one decision to make. For future reference should we refer to Murph as the dobber, the spitter, the sook ... or all three.
Captain Llama?

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are a quick and tasty morsel.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

thought of avoiding the 'debate' going on here

but this article fits

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/e ... 284e67e40b
The explosive Carlilse-Murphy story was leaked Sunday and was ablaze on Monday before St Kilda captain Jarryn Geary and Richardson contacted Murphy.

Richardson went public on AFL360 on Monday night, which was his first public offering, a fact which was also drove criticism.

Summers was unequivocal that his club’s response was sincere.

“That really does come down to an opinion, no matter which way you go, there’s going to be varying opinions on that,” he said.

“There’s two things you want in this and the first is you want to assess your own behaviour and I think we did that. It wasn’t judged against other things that may or may not have happened, it was a judgment of behaviour.

“And the second thing was, if you think you have done something wrong, you reach out to the person and you reconcile that and I think two things were absolutely done ... and done promptly.

“Jarryn showed extraordinarily good leadership, I’m really proud about how he went about that.

“Anything else ... it’s an opinion business, isn’t it.”

And opinions have varied.

It was a cheap comment from Murphy and an utterly classless response from Carlisle and both were an attempt to emotionally hurt the other which is, after all, what sledging is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
This was an argument between two footballers and one of them dragged a women into his insult and that was unacceptable.

Summers won’t disagree with anybody on that stance.

“We’re not absolutely proud of what happened and the criticism is there and we put our hand up,’’ he said.

“But I’m very proud of all of our club and while actions were not correct on the day, I was very proud of the way everyone took ownership of it

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Bratty, as always, you are right on the case! Excellent work dear friend! More power to you dearie!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)