Barrett and double standards

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Barrett and double standards

Postby thejiggingsaint » Mon 15 May 2017 10:06pm

If Saints players sledged Murphy in "an unacceptable way" then the initiative from Jarryn Geary to call Murphy goes a hell of a long way to dispel any perceptions of our blokes being the villains that the rumour and gossip- hungry media hacks would have us believe. I permit myself a wry smile at the deafening silence that emanated from those same hacks, when Stephen Milne was hounded for seasons by opposition supporters and players as a "rapist" NOT a bloody syllable from Barrett or Hutchinson & co! Yes, I KNOW that he eventually pleaded guilty to the lesser offence of sexual assault. The point is, that at the time of the hate Milne campaign, he had not been charged with anything! The Murdoch press are a bloody disgrace!
Last edited by thejiggingsaint on Mon 15 May 2017 11:20pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dream the impossible dream: Go Saints! (to hell with the rest!) :D
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Barrett and double standards

Postby BigMart » Mon 15 May 2017 10:13pm

The media have their heroes and villains

They think they tell the story now

The press don't report the fact, the make up the facts
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Postby milney044 » Mon 15 May 2017 10:36pm

Haven't posted on here in ages but wow this whole 'saga' has really annoyed me. I am so sick of the media beating up things and jumping on the saints at every opportunity. Why are we even still talking about this? Sledging happens in every single game, every single week. It has for years. Big deal, sticks and stones, surely we can move on.
I for one was really proud of our boys for flying the flag and above all else, standing up and taking the 4 points in a match that we previously would not have been brave enough to win. That in itself says more about this club than anything else.
For the record, Milne was never found guilty of rape, charged but not for rape, just wanted to clear that up.
Anyway that's my 2 cents. I'll go back to reading instead of writing now!
Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
milney044
Club Player

Postby saynta » Mon 15 May 2017 10:44pm

thejiggingsaint wrote:If Saints players sledged Murphy in "an unacceptable way" then the initiative from Jarryn Geary to call Murphy goes a hell of a long way to dispel any perceptions of our blokes being the villains that the rumour and gossip- hungry media hacks would have us believe. I permit myself a wry smile at the deafening silence that emanated from those same hacks, when Stephen Milne was hounded for seasons by opposition supporters and players as a "rapist" NOT a bloody syllable from Barrett or Hutchinson & co! Yes, I KNOW that he eventually was found guilty. The point is, that at the time of the hate Milne campaign, he had not been charged with anything! The Murdoch press are a bloody disgrace!

Never found guilty of rape mate, never.

He pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of assault simply because he didn' have the money to properly defend himself.

The penalty imposed showed how much the judge thought of the matter.

Years and years of worry and abuse would have destroyed a lesser man.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Postby satchmo » Mon 15 May 2017 10:45pm

Double standards? That would make the equation; 2 X 0
The real question being...What standards?
*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Postby thejiggingsaint » Mon 15 May 2017 10:46pm

milney044 my apologies, for that error :oops: :cry: I'll endeavour to edit my OP and correct it. I can't criticise the media and then do the same thing myself! Thanks.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Postby saintbrat » Mon 15 May 2017 10:56pm

here comes caro- she has taken swipe at saints obviously- and AFL and players assocation :shock: :roll:
StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly......Contributing to the needs of Saints!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014- 31,134 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=83276
Membership 2015 32,746 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=87701&hilit=membership+2015
MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=89838&p=1585759#p1585759
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=91699
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Postby saintbrat » Mon 15 May 2017 10:58pm

and as for Hutchy taken the moral ground- given his Saturday morning radio show that takes pot shots at everything......? :roll:
StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly......Contributing to the needs of Saints!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014- 31,134 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=83276
Membership 2015 32,746 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=87701&hilit=membership+2015
MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=89838&p=1585759#p1585759
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=91699
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Postby bigcarl » Mon 15 May 2017 11:00pm

saintbrat wrote:here comes caro- she has taken swipe at saints obviously- and AFL and players assocation :shock: :roll:

Let me guess. Iths dithguthting.
Last edited by bigcarl on Mon 15 May 2017 11:01pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Postby saynta » Mon 15 May 2017 11:01pm

saintbrat wrote:and as for Hutchy taken the moral ground- given his Saturday morning radio show that takes pot shots at everything......? :roll:

Not surprised to hear you say that.

I don't listen or watch the slow witted bump on principle.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Postby Turbo » Mon 15 May 2017 11:02pm

Not just Barrett, Gary Lyon, of all people talking about what's appropriate!
Facepalm much!
Some time soon.
Turbo
Club Player

Postby saynta » Mon 15 May 2017 11:02pm

bigcarl wrote:
saintbrat wrote:here comes caro- she has taken swipe at saints obviously- and AFL and players assocation :shock: :roll:

Let me guess. Iths dithguthting.

:D :D :D :wink:

She is nothing if not predictable.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Postby saynta » Mon 15 May 2017 11:04pm

Turbo wrote:Not just Barrett, Gary Lyon, of all people talking about what's appropriate!
Facepalm much!

This is the guy who was bonking his mates wife.......and still is.

Soft bumps all of them.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Postby thejiggingsaint » Mon 15 May 2017 11:31pm

Look at Carey, for Gods SAKE! Engaged in sex with his captains wife, in their own home! Lyon? Enough said! PLEASE, folks, let's just give this one a rest ! Waste of valuable time and energy to get any kind of satisfaction or truth from this mob!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Postby Pwoit » Mon 15 May 2017 11:32pm

Caro biggest bump of all - she is mud!
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Postby Con Gorozidis » Mon 15 May 2017 11:38pm

Barrett would say anything to deflect from his beloved Tigers.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Postby The Fireman » Mon 15 May 2017 11:41pm

I cant believe all the hoo ha about this, I could not give a s*** what was said to Murphy, slagging goes on everygame and most of it is hurtful...it's supposed to be. The game is getting softer and now the media and supporters are turning into softcocks. The fact that Richo had to answer for it made my blood boil.

Murphy and Carlton can grab their box of tissues and go get stuffed..bring on the Swans.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Postby Impatient Sainter » Tue 16 May 2017 12:14am

The Fireman wrote:I cant believe all the hoo ha about this, I could not give a s*** what was said to Murphy, slagging goes on everygame and most of it is hurtful...it's supposed to be. The game is getting softer and now the media and supporters are turning into softcocks. The fact that Richo had to answer for it made my blood boil.

Murphy and Carlton can grab their box of tissues and go get stuffed..bring on the Swans.

As Dane Swan said on Fox it will make for an interesting rematch the next time the two teams play and thats all there is to it!
Impatient Sainter
Club Player

Postby mullet » Tue 16 May 2017 8:13am

saynta wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:If Saints players sledged Murphy in "an unacceptable way" then the initiative from Jarryn Geary to call Murphy goes a hell of a long way to dispel any perceptions of our blokes being the villains that the rumour and gossip- hungry media hacks would have us believe. I permit myself a wry smile at the deafening silence that emanated from those same hacks, when Stephen Milne was hounded for seasons by opposition supporters and players as a "rapist" NOT a bloody syllable from Barrett or Hutchinson & co! Yes, I KNOW that he eventually was found guilty. The point is, that at the time of the hate Milne campaign, he had not been charged with anything! The Murdoch press are a bloody disgrace!

He pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of assault simply because he didn' have the money to properly defend himself.

Dont forget Saynta It never went to court at first. For 10 years milney put up with the abuse and actually the case never went to court. 10 years later, it raised its ugly head again just before his retirement. Trial by media is a disgrace in this country, just ask the chamberlains.
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Postby Leo.J » Tue 16 May 2017 10:29am

Damien Barrett embarrassed himself with his Dempster story.

He's got it in for us.

And from the perspective of the average media consumer we have form when it comes to disrespecting women, so it's an easy cheap shot.

For anyone who takes the time to look deeper into these stories will find that they've been driven by the tabloid media cycle rather than balanced responsible journalism.

With the current political climate, and our societies colour blindness (only seeing the world through a black/white lens) when it comes to any issue, it is within the clubs interest to apologise as they have done. And hope that something shiny catches the attention of the great unwashed soon.
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Postby mullet » Tue 16 May 2017 11:36am

Leo.J wrote:Damien Barrett embarrassed himself with his Dempster story.

He's got it in for us.

And from the perspective of the average media consumer we have form when it comes to disrespecting women, so it's an easy cheap shot.

For anyone who takes the time to look deeper into these stories will find that they've been driven by the tabloid media cycle rather than balanced responsible journalism.

With the current political climate, and our societies colour blindness (only seeing the world through a black/white lens) when it comes to any issue, it is within the clubs interest to apologise as they have done. And hope that something shiny catches the attention of the great unwashed soon.

As I said in another thread, takes the heat of Bucks and the tiggies
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Postby SaintPav » Tue 16 May 2017 11:59am

Damein Barrett is a very ugly looking man.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Postby stonecold » Tue 16 May 2017 12:09pm

SaintPav wrote:Damein Barrett is a very ugly looking man.

+1, but, he's a better looking woman than Caro, in fairness to him!!!!!
'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!
stonecold
Club Player

Postby Linton Lodger » Tue 16 May 2017 5:41pm

saynta wrote:

Indeed, the evidence showed there wasn't even a prima facie case against Milne. His prosecution after 10 years was a gross abuse and he had to plead to a minor (and dubious) charge to avoid a trial even though there wasn't a case against him. The penalty imposed by the judge (almost irrelevent) was indeed a significant statement from the Judge as Saynta pointed out.

Whomever made the decision to prosecute Milne are an utter disgrace and should no longer have their job.
Linton Lodger
Club Player

Postby thejiggingsaint » Tue 16 May 2017 7:26pm

For the record Linton Lodger. I have acknowledged my error and have edited my original post.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Next

Return to Saintsational Fan Forum (open to all ages)