Unsociable Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Recruit
Club Player

Unsociable Saints

Everyone needs to take a deep breath on this Murphy sledging thing.
The only reason the club has come out and said they were in he wrong is to protect their 'women friendly' image.
In house Richo would have loved that the boys looked after Jake, told them to watch the line when it comes to what they say to the opposition but at the end of the day were playing within the rules.

The bottom line, we sledged a player from the opposition within the rules, he was affected by it and let it get to him. As a result it helped us win the game due to his poor performance in the last quarter.

If we want to be a top four team we need this hard edge. No team has won a premiership without it. Michael Voss, Nathan Buckley, Luke Hodge, Barry Hall, Chris Judd, Wayne Carey..would these guys have a sook after the game and pretty mush admit the opposition team hurt their feelings?

To me Murphy is now seen as mentally weak. For me Carlton will never be successful while Murphy is captain for that reason, he is perceived as soft. The sooner Cripps is Captain for them the better. I would be very disappointed if the captain of my club dropped the bottom lip after some insults about his wife. You need to be mentally tougher than that.

Well done to the saints for holding up a good club image but at the end of the day, we won and they lost.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Unsociable Saints

I don't

I think he abandoned Jake and never stood up for him... Geary did and that's why he's skipper

Jake should call AR out on it, ask him if the clubs image is more important than backing his players

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Yeah, I'm all for playing on the edge. Should have won by 11 goals anyway. Butchered the footy going forward really. Tidy that up this week and we'll knock the Swannies off.

The Recruit
Club Player

BigMart wrote:I don't

I think he abandoned Jake and never stood up for him... Geary did and that's why he's skipper

Jake should call AR out on it, ask him if the clubs image is more important than backing his players
Agree on what I see on TV but can't imagine that is what is being said behind closed doors. If anything this is the making of Geary.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Geary would take a bullet for a team mate in battle... he is a warrior

AR is a diplomat

Politically incorrect

The Recruit
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Geary would take a bullet for a team mate in battle... he is a warrior

AR is a diplomat

Politically incorrect
Not sure Blues Supporters could say the same about Murphy. A nice feeling to have a warrior as a leader of the club I love.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I must confess, that I was RAPT to see JG get stuck into Murphy after what he did, and then for the rest of the boys to fly the flag! Look, none of us know what was said out there, it's a tough, tough place to earn your living that's for sure. If some of the sledging went too far, then Jarryn Geary has also proved to be a peacemaker as well as an effective enforcer by personally telephoning Murphy. Water under the bridge now, time to move on. What this episode has underlined for mine, is that we saw just a wee glimpse of some mongrel amongst the boys last Saturday. Every successful premiership side, bar NONE! has had the ability to get down and dirty when the occasion calls for it. I'm well aware of the "image" we want to project to the footy public, however, what I want, more than anything, is a team of warriors!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
SAAD
Club Player

Agree 100%. We need mongrel in us. Richo has to play the politician, Geary off field has to as well now. On field I want us to be mean pricks.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

thejiggingsaint wrote:I must confess, that I was RAPT to see JG get stuck into Murphy after what he did, and then for the rest of the boys to fly the flag! Look, none of us know what was said out there, it's a tough, tough place to earn your living that's for sure. If some of the sledging went too far, then Jarryn Geary has also proved to be a peacemaker as well as an effective enforcer by personally telephoning Murphy. Water under the bridge now, time to move on. What this episode has underlined for mine, is that we saw just a wee glimpse of some mongrel amongst the boys last Saturday. Every successful premiership side, bar NONE! has had the ability to get down and dirty when the occasion calls for it. I'm well aware of the "image" we want to project to the footy public, however, what I want, more than anything, is a team of warriors!
Thanks Jigster, really enjoying your positive approach this season.

And agree we want a team of warriors, that's the right image or our club.

Do you like our away jumper? The one with the 'crusader' cross on the front, it's very similar to a jumper we had about 20 years ago.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Time to get TOUGH!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

The Recruit wrote:Everyone needs to take a deep breath on this Murphy sledging thing.
The only reason the club has come out and said they were in he wrong is to protect their 'women friendly' image.
In house Richo would have loved that the boys looked after Jake, told them to watch the line when it comes to what they say to the opposition but at the end of the day were playing within the rules.

The bottom line, we sledged a player from the opposition within the rules, he was affected by it and let it get to him. As a result it helped us win the game due to his poor performance in the last quarter.

If we want to be a top four team we need this hard edge. No team has won a premiership without it. Michael Voss, Nathan Buckley, Luke Hodge, Barry Hall, Chris Judd, Wayne Carey..would these guys have a sook after the game and pretty mush admit the opposition team hurt their feelings?

To me Murphy is now seen as mentally weak. For me Carlton will never be successful while Murphy is captain for that reason, he is perceived as soft. The sooner Cripps is Captain for them the better. I would be very disappointed if the captain of my club dropped the bottom lip after some insults about his wife. You need to be mentally tougher than that.

Well done to the saints for holding up a good club image but at the end of the day, we won and they lost.
Best thing I've read about the whole saga! Great post.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Perhaps the media should use their "power" to send Jesse Hogan all the strength and love he needs to fight his battle.

Good luck to Jesse such a terrible thing to happen to a young man.... any young man

The Recruit
Club Player

mullet wrote:Perhaps the media should use their "power" to send Jesse Hogan all the strength and love he needs to fight his battle.

Good luck to Jesse such a terrible thing to happen to a young man.... any young man
+1

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

I would like the Saints to be feared on the field, for their hardness and toughness,
so every team knows they are gonna be hurt if they try to take on one of our guys
And they know every contest will be a bruising encounter.
Murphy is the perfect marshmallow to lead the soft-serve team of Bluescum

Jarryn is our General and Deliverer of Pain

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
shrodes
SS Life Member

More like Unsociable Saintsational. This place has been a hot mess since Saturday.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

BigMart wrote:I don't

Come off it BM. The players backed Jake magnificently and then Richo enthusiastically backed their response. I think Jake would feel right at home at the St Kilda FC after the weekend.