Why Not Us?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Why Not Us?

The team is really starting to gel and the lads can play some pretty attractive footy when they're switched on. The competition is currently wide open. None of the top four teams are certainties for the flag. There is so much parity in the AFL right now, it is difficult to pick a winner on any given day. Sure, it sounds like a long shot, but I can't think of too many reasons why we can't be in the mix for a premiership right now. It's no secret we don't have a terribly efficient forward line, our midfield is lacking that extra spark from a superstar mid, but it's not like we have many more flaws than the five teams currently above us on the ladder. Granted, our record interstate in recent time has been abysmal, which doesn't help the cause and we don't have a great deal of finals experience.

Having said that, there's a lot be said for a team of players who have self-belief. Let's take it one week at a time and enjoy the ride. Whatever the outcome of how we finish in 2017, it would appear that we on the path of going from strength to strength.

GO SAINTS

P.S. Yesterday during the final moments of the last quarter an irate Scumbaggers supporter who looked a bit like Tony Liberatore, shouted and shook his fist at a crowd of us singing the club song in standing room saying "You'll never win a premiership in 100 years!"
I can't wait to live and see the day all of those naysayer Sainter-haters eat their hats!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Why Not Us?

Indeed! On the topic of Carlscum followers, I took my (Collingwood supporting :shock: ) 10 year old grandson to the MCG last Saturday. We had fine seats in the Olympic stand on level four, and all seemed geared up for a good day with my wee pal. THEN, five foul-mouthed, drunken Carlscum louts came and sat immediately behind us :cry: Their behaviour around women and my grandson was beyond obnoxious, and at quarter time we made our way around to the Ponsford stand. God forgive me for saying this, but I was actually happier once we were among the Collingwood supporters! One of my sweetest memories of following the Saints, was the day in 2003 when we gave that mob a right Royal pasting on their own midden: Optus schithole! (99 points if memory serves me correctly ) A truly despicable club!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Re: Why Not Us?

thejiggingsaint wrote:Indeed! On the topic of Carlscum followers, I took my (Collingwood supporting :shock: ) 10 year old grandson to the MCG last Saturday. We had fine seats in the Olympic stand on level four, and all seemed geared up for a good day with my wee pal. THEN, five foul-mouthed, drunken Carlscum louts came and sat immediately behind us :cry: Their behaviour around women and my grandson was beyond obnoxious, and at quarter time we made our way around to the Ponsford stand. God forgive me for saying this, but I was actually happier once we were among the Collingwood supporters! One of my sweetest memories of following the Saints, was the day in 2003 when we gave that mob a right Royal pasting on their own midden: Optus schithole! (99 points if memory serves me correctly ) A truly despicable club!
Good to hear you were able to find a spot away from the ferals, Jiggster.

Yes, that was the last time we played Carlton at the old Princess Park during a home and away season. It was magnificent to inflict some misery on them after years of being at their mercy. The big G-Train kicked around 10 goals that day, Rob Harvery and Dal both dominated racking up around 40 possessions each. Can't remember the exact margin we won by, but I remember them avoiding the 100+ point humiliation when they got a couple of junk time goals. The following year we absolutely slaughtered them by 100+ points, though.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!