What was said to Murphy?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Re: What was said to Murphy?

To the top wrote:Anyone who is on the payroll of the hacker Murdoch has to be a very ordinary type of individual including because of their Neo, far right nonsense they peddle

That includes Channel 9 where Murdoch has Costello as Chair

And the 7 Network with Stokes is not far behind

You are judged by who you keep company with

And Murdoch is the lowest of the low

These individuals being remunerated by him are at the same level
But of course the sources which belittle Murphy's wife and the players who sledged him about it are ok cause they play for St.Kilda. A shameful situation bought to the fore through a sport we all love. Dont read the papers or watch the TV much. Dont have to. If there is something seedy going on in the fotty world someone on this gorum will bring it up.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote:
skeptic wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:
BigMart wrote:To bad for Murphy, hope they were giving to him... don't care if it was about his <edited by mods> missus or his s*** club or his lack of contested footy... it over the white line, in a pro environment.

Deal with it

What if he was of indigenous heritage.
Would it be ok to sledge him about that in a pro environment?
Not really an apples to apples comparison is it
Joffa, why would being of indigenous heritage be a point for sledging. This comment says more about you than it does aboit Mart. Foul play sir. Foul play.

No honour in calling someones wife a sl*t either. Step over the line and say it as a sledge but trom your computer anonymously. Great show of character.

Poor Mark Murphy. Now everyone is talking about his wife. Sad all round really.

Women league, indigenous round, gay pride match. Have we learnt nothing.
The question CQ, is related to the over the white line pro environment statement.
Where do you draw the line?

Wives are fair game according to BM, is sexuality or heritage fair game or do they cross the line?
Where does sledging not become appropriate behavior? This is my question

Many football commentators and at least one AFL official stated clearly that sledging of Anthony Stevens re the Carey affair would be be viewed poorly.

Personally I believe that sledging about the players performance, pulling out of a contest or football related such as big pay packets are fine but family and other matters in this day and age of media coverage should be off limits.

If you think that query is and indictment of me that is fine, I couldn't care less, everyone here has a right to an opinion.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Murphy didn't spit on him.

Hate to break it to everyone, but there's a big chance that some Saints players are sexist jerks and hung s*** on a dude's missus. And as a result, that dude was rightly pissed off about it.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:Murphy didn't spit on him.

Hate to break it to everyone, but there's a big chance that some Saints players are sexist jerks and hung s*** on a dude's missus. And as a result, that dude was rightly pissed off about it.
Really who gives a flying toss!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Joe Bloggs
Club Player

Probably very poor behaviour, if I was Murphy and some jerk called my wife a sl*t I would have kicked him in the head.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
Joe Bloggs wrote:Yuk
She's dated a lot of AFL players.
One tiger, she dropped him as soon as he got delisted. RIchard Gouric or someone he I think.
Footy player should date chicks like that but NEVER marry them.
Settle down with someone a bit more "homely" and girl-next-door type who isn't shallow
So if I am a good looking guy and I date a few models I'm a stud but if I am a good looking woman who dates a few footballers I'm a groupie and a sl*t.

Plenty of footballers have married very nice decent woman who have dated other players.
Our former coach for one.

If Marc and his wife are happy who cares who she may or may not have dated.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Happy Mothers Day.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

shrodes wrote:
skeptic wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:
BigMart wrote:To bad for Murphy, hope they were giving to him... don't care if it was about his <edited by mods> missus or his s*** club or his lack of contested footy... it over the white line, in a pro environment.

Deal with it
+1. The difference is choice. You can't choose your race, gender or sexual orientation. You can choose who you associate with (and marry).
Because Marc chose his wife it is ok for players to bad mouth her on the field?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote:Well let's just read between the lines and assume it was what everyone else has been saying about King Carey and Murphy's Mrs ....
The husband is always the last to know, they say.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
CQ SAINT wrote:
skeptic wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:

Deal with it

Joffa, why would being of indigenous heritage be a point for sledging. This comment says more about you than it does aboit Mart. Foul play sir. Foul play.

No honour in calling someones wife a sl*t either. Step over the line and say it as a sledge but trom your computer anonymously. Great show of character.

The question CQ, is related to the over the white line pro environment statement.

Wives are fair game according to BM, is sexuality or heritage fair game or do they cross the line?

Many football commentators and at least one AFL official stated clearly that sledging of Anthony Stevens re the Carey affair would be be viewed poorly.

Personally I believe that sledging about the players performance, pulling out of a contest or football related such as big pay packets are fine but family and other matters in this day and age of media coverage should be off limits.

If you think that query is and indictment of me that is fine, I couldn't care less, everyone here has a right to an opinion.
I think it was thoughtless. I know you knew BM read it and thats as much as you thought.

I dont think you are racist. I dont think about you at all. I just read your first comments and formed an opinion.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: If Marc and his wife are happy who cares who she may or may not have dated.
Apparently Marc does!

But really, the only people that know what was said on the ground are the ones on it. So until a player (or maybe an umpire) puts their hand up and tells us what they heard, I see no reason to accept it as fact. Just more mouth stools from the ferret faced, poor mans robbo.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Murphy should harden the f*** up.

It's a footy field ffs.
I remember when Brisbane's Voss told a young Saints player that his father was rooting the young sainters mother.
We all had a good laugh about that.
Plenty of things were said to me when I played footy.
I used to laugh because none of it was true.
Murphy might have been so upset because what was said ,may have had a ring of truth to it.

Of course it may all be a beat up by the scummers to try and stall a spitting rap.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:

Really who gives a flying toss!

Not me. But it appears that Murphy clearly did.

And I'd dare say that this huge women audience that the AFL has worked really hard to engage would be a tad miffed about this sort of thing.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Joe Bloggs wrote:Probably very poor behaviour, if I was Murphy and some jerk called my wife a sl*t I would have kicked him in the head.
Probably added credence to what was said by reacting so seriously!

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

everybody has an opinion on what was said...
what about if the Bluescum all started on Jake first?
Druggie, coke snorter, etc
and he just returned fire?
Nobody knows except for the players on the ground.
We know Murphy did something to Jake when he was prone and defenceless.
Which made our captain very angry.

Them's the facts on video.
Other stuff is just fluff and waffle.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Who knows what was said exactly.

Still doesn't excuse Murphy's action.

Does it?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Beats the hell out of me why people listen to the moronic inferno that is Triple M.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Calling someone's daughter a sl*t is a tad different to calling an adult a sl*t... as long as you can handle saying it and if you have no respect for the bloke and then so be it, if she has a history of being promiscuous.

If I played Andrew Lovett, it'd be open slather.... I'd give it to him with both barrels.

Who even bought up the racist card... wtf has that got anything to do with it?

A famous sledge to Mark Waugh about his old ugly missus is legendary, it happens, calling people fat C***s, ugly C***s, bagging them about anything as long as it isn't of a racial nature, about sexual orientation, and or cultural/religious is what happens...

I have been a cricketer for 30 years, heard it all, copped it, gave it out and performing under that pressure is what it's all about.

Walk off the ground, shake hands, don't have to like the opposition as people, and why take it personally... just have to respect the game, and the fact that the other person had been in battle with you and the battle was over.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:everybody has an opinion on what was said...
what about if the Bluescum all started on Jake first?
Druggie, coke snorter, etc
and he just returned fire?
Nobody knows except for the players on the ground.
We know Murphy did something to Jake when he was prone and defenceless.
Which made our captain very angry.

Them's the facts on video.
Other stuff is just fluff and waffle.
Sounds reasonable but not good enough for Johnny "reductionist" Member or his Kangaroo Court mate Paul Roos.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
Joe Bloggs wrote:Yuk
She's dated a lot of AFL players.
One tiger, she dropped him as soon as he got delisted. RIchard Gouric or someone he I think.
Footy player should date chicks like that but NEVER marry them.
Settle down with someone a bit more "homely" and girl-next-door type who isn't shallow
So if I am a good looking guy and I date a few models I'm a stud but if I am a good looking woman who dates a few footballers I'm a groupie and a sl*t.

Plenty of footballers have married very nice decent woman who have dated other players.
Our former coach for one.

If Marc and his wife are happy who cares who she may or may not have dated.
Where are you getting your information that anyone called Mrs murphy a sl*t?

As far as I know, only the players know what was said, if at all anything was said.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

How do you know that murphy didn't spit on Jake. Something upset the saints players who I' m glad to say well and truly flew the flag.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Calling someone's daughter a sl*t is a tad different to calling an adult a sl*t... as long as you can handle saying it and if you have no respect for the bloke and then so be it, if she has a history of being promiscuous.

If I played Andrew Lovett, it'd be open slather.... I'd give it to him with both barrels.

Who even bought up the racist card... wtf has that got anything to do with it?

A famous sledge to Mark Waugh about his old ugly missus is legendary, it happens, calling people fat C***s, ugly C***s, bagging them about anything as long as it isn't of a racial nature, about sexual orientation, and or cultural/religious is what happens...

I have been a cricketer for 30 years, heard it all, copped it, gave it out and performing under that pressure is what it's all about.

Walk off the ground, shake hands, don't have to like the opposition as people, and why take it personally... just have to respect the game, and the fact that the other person had been in battle with you and the battle was over.
This

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:
CQ SAINT wrote:
skeptic wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:

Deal with it

I think it was thoughtless. I know you knew BM read it and thats as much as you thought.

I dont think you are racist. I dont think about you at all. I just read your first comments and formed an opinion.
Don't care if you think I am racist or not.
This is a forum of opinion and I enjoy reading different perception.

shrodes
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:Calling someone's daughter a sl*t is a tad different to calling an adult a sl*t... as long as you can handle saying it and if you have no respect for the bloke and then so be it, if she has a history of being promiscuous.
Disgusting thing to say. Ever heard of sl*t shaming?

Are you the PE teacher? If so, a great example you must set your young female students... don't be sexual lest someone call you a "sl*t"

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

shrodes wrote:
skeptic wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:

Deal with it
+1. The difference is choice. You can't choose your race, gender or sexual orientation. You can choose who you associate with (and marry).
Apparently you can choose your gender, shrodes. Dan Andrews told me so. And I have over 56 types to choose from! :D

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!