What was said to Murphy?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Re: What was said to Murphy?

Tom Elliot is now bitching and moaning on 3aw .... is this the biggest beatup in a long time ?

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:Pity Carlisle wasn't still a Bombers player. Methinks the outrage would be very different.

BOMBERS HERO SLEDGED WITH CRUEL DRUGS JIBE WHILE OUT COLD

DIGGER WATSON HEROICALLY INTERVENES

FOOTY WORLD IN UPROAR

"Bombers players shouldn't have to put up with this," says Jon Ralph. "Carlton needs to apologise."
POTD

Always loyal
stonecold
SS Life Member

The Fireman wrote:Tom Elliot is now bitching and moaning on 3aw .... is this the biggest beatup in a long time ?
Who's Tom Elliot????? Caro, out of drag?????

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

3AW = outrage radio

Farking Elliott hates St Kilda like his old man.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:3AW = outrage radio

I dont mind Tom..his old man is a cheating dishonest prick its just if it had of been a Carlton player doing the sledging he wouldnt be talking abaout it.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinio ... e4a4fc6b1e

AFL bogans need to stop the on-field sexist sledging and get on with just playing footy.

Yet again we have the unedifying spectacle of AFL players brawling over the honour of a woman as if she’s an object owned by them rather than a person in her own right.

Jessie Habermann does not deserve to be used as a piece of meat in a battle between two warring footy clubs.

What’s the AFL doing to reign them all in? Absolutely nothing. What a complete disgrace.

The issue arose over the weekend when Carlton captain Marc Murphy was subjected to sledging from St Kilda players, allegedly about his wife Jessie having a relationship with disgraced former North Melbourne player Wayne Carey.

Etc, etc, etc

Stian
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:

I dont mind Tom..his old man is a cheating dishonest prick its just if it had of been a Carlton player doing the sledging he wouldnt be talking abaout it.
Actually, I don't mind Tom either. Anyway, I was just listening when a bloke called in and sledged Tom by telling him that he has "a face like a dropped pie" :lol:

mullet
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinio ... e4a4fc6b1e

AFL bogans need to stop the on-field sexist sledging and get on with just playing footy.

Yet again we have the unedifying spectacle of AFL players brawling over the honour of a woman as if she’s an object owned by them rather than a person in her own right.

Jessie Habermann does not deserve to be used as a piece of meat in a battle between two warring footy clubs.

What’s the AFL doing to reign them all in? Absolutely nothing. What a complete disgrace.

The issue arose over the weekend when Carlton captain Marc Murphy was subjected to sledging from St Kilda players, allegedly about his wife Jessie having a relationship with disgraced former North Melbourne player Wayne Carey.

Etc, etc, etc
They need to actually research. Murphy has said wayne carey was not mentioned but hey dont let the truth get in the way of a rant

ace
Saintsational Legend

The_President wrote:
ace wrote:Hardly anyone knew of the rumour about your wife Mr Murphy.
But your feeding of the media ghouls has made it very public.
Congratulations, you should be given a special award for your stupidity.
Maybe your wife will give you that award for drawing the world's attention to the rumour.
That award may be a kick that leaves you needing an operation to the same part of the body as Jesse Hogan.

The rumour has been very well known for some time
To those in the know only NOT to the public.
I for one did not know until it appeared in the media.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
To the top
SS Life Member

Like father, like son.

Trust me!

mullet
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
The_President wrote:
ace wrote:Hardly anyone knew of the rumour about your wife Mr Murphy.
But your feeding of the media ghouls has made it very public.
Congratulations, you should be given a special award for your stupidity.
Maybe your wife will give you that award for drawing the world's attention to the rumour.
That award may be a kick that leaves you needing an operation to the same part of the body as Jesse Hogan.

The rumour has been very well known for some time
To those in the know only NOT to the public.
I for one did not know until it appeared in the media.
Agree Ace. Never heard it. I agree, he threw his wife under the bus. Was funny watching sinclair telling his teammates not to get involved for fear of $3000 fine. They must love marc

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

bigcarl wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinio ... e4a4fc6b1e

Etc, etc, etc
Susie O'Brien you are a pontificating idiot!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Sorry if I missed it but what did Jake's tweet say?

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Sorry if I missed it but what did Jake's tweet say?
He just liked a tweet by someone else who said that murphy was a whinger. He then took it down. Not too bright is young Jakey. But hardly a hanging offence

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Murphy's response
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-16/t ... ges-murphy
"I issued a statement last night and I'm pretty keen to move on and look forward to playing some footy this weekend.

"We've been through a little bit over the last few days.

"St Kilda footy club have been good in getting in contact with me, and I think both parties are pretty keen to move forward."

St Kilda and Carlton have each been asked by the AFL to make submissions on the wild melee that erupted just before three-quarter time in Saturday's clash.

The League has given the club's seven days and will issue fines, either to the clubs or individual players, once they have made submissions.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
ace
Saintsational Legend

Jake did not make a tweet but someone masquerading as Jake Carlisle did put a LIKE on someone else's tweet.
A tweet that accurately reflected Murphy's character.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:

A carlscum player WAS doing the sledging......Murphy was sledging Jake.

The saints apologised. Murphy hasn't it. Says a lot asaic.

Caro dismissed Murphy's sledge as nothing. Tried to make out it was over"some cocaine photos" As if she didn't know. bulls*** Caro.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The grand standing, virtue signalling and faux outrage is typical of AFL culture.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

1. Jake gets a kick in the nuts. Hero, Murphy runs 30 metres to give Jake a spray which may or may not have contained spittal.

2. Brawl follows Murphy's cowardly actions.

3. Saints players sledge Murphy. What was said is not known , nor the timing of the sledges.

4. Murphy refuses to shake hands with the majority of the Saints players leaving the field only to whinge about what was said

5. Carlton officials go into damage control and on the front foot to condemn St Kilda in general promising retribution in our next enounter.

6. No mention is made of Murphy's provocative actions.x

7. Saints captain and coach both reach out to Murphy apologising for overstepping the mark.

8. Still no apology by Murphy or the Carlton Football Club.

9. Scum press go into overdrive condemning St Kilda outright whilst either ignoring Murphy's unforgiveable conduct or dismissing it as either justified or of a minor nature.

10. Everbody jumps on the bandwagon condemning the Saints out of hand.

11. Abuse continues even though AFL and the players association are happy with the saints response.

12. Still no apology from the cheaters or Murphy..

Did I miss anything?
Last edited by saynta on Tue 16 May 2017 8:29pm, edited 1 time in total.

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

saynta wrote:1. Jake gets a kick in the nuts. Hero, Murphy runs 30 metres to give Jake a spray which may or may not have contained spittal.

3. Saints players sledge Murphy. What was said is not known , nor the timing of the sledges.

4. Murphy refuses to shake hands with the majority of the Saints players leaving the field only to whinge about what was said

5. Carlton officials go into amge control and on the front foot to condemn St Kilda in general promising retribution in our next enounter.

6. No mention is made of Murphy's provocative actions.

7. Saints captain and coach both reach out to Murphy apologising for overstepping the mark.

9. Scum press go into overdrive condemning St Kilda outright whilst either ignoring Murphy's unforgiveable conduct or dismissing it as either justified or of a minor nature.

11. Abuse continues even though AFL and the players association are happy with the saints response.

Did I miss anything?
I think you nailed it.

Always loyal
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote:1. Jake gets a kick in the nuts. Hero, Murphy runs 30 metres to give Jake a spray which may or may not have contained spittal.

5. Carlton officials go into amge control and on the front foot to condemn St Kilda in general promising retribution in our next enounter.

6. No mention is made of Murphy's provocative actions.

Did I miss anything?
Well, everyone in the media seems to assume that the Murphy sledge came in response to a St Kilda campaign of sledges.

Because everyone knows that Murph isn't usually like that and the Saints, of course, are vile.

Truth is, no one knows if the St Kilda sledges were in response to Carlton sledges or vice versa.

NO ONE KNOWS.

Nor should they know, if it had been kept on the field where it belonged.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:

I do, Firey. He trod much the same path as the old man, such as the corporate arbitrage caper (e.g. announcing he and his were shorting a company), hooked people in based on his 'name', charged them outsized fees, and when he proved no good at it, he headed to 'outrage radio' to ply his name and trade.

And, no, he never 'got' me.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
Jake did not make a tweet but someone masquerading as Jake Carlisle did put a LIKE on someone else's tweet.
A tweet that accurately reflected Murphy's character.

If that masquerading is on the money, ace, all I'll say is "I tipped this!!"

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

As a number of the burghers here have suggested, if only Murphy had kept his outrage within the 'community".

If Murphy hadn't gone all European 'honorable man', and reached for the social media sword, to defend the honour of the betrothed, few would be any the wiser about the 'rumours' about the wife.

So, here's an angle - Murphy's actually the one prone to misogyny. He displayed a medieval attitude, women as property, and used that to defend his own poor on-ground behaviour, because women cannot look after themselves without a man to defend and protect them.

A true modern man would have empowered his partner to speak for herself - if she felt the need. If she didn't feel sufficiently slighted, then cro-magnon man should STFU.

If she did feel sufficiently slighted, but insufficiently empowered to speak for herself, then cro-magnon man should STFU.

Murphy made her the spectacle when he went first to social media. Then he has the gall to pot the ordinary punters for speculating on social media. If only....and then he heaved her on to the social media pyre.

He lit the fuse, and used his wife as fuel.

He's the one who should be ashamed.

The word (modern) "worldly" keeps springing to mind.

Such is the life of many a modern 'elite' sportsman. All outrage is their due, particularly those ensconced in institutions with outsized and residual senses of entitlement.

You're not exceptional, Murph, and only the captured care what you consider offensive enough to broadcast.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:As a number of the burghers here have suggested, if only Murphy had kept his outrage within the 'community".

If Murphy hadn't gone all European 'honorable man', and reached for the social media sword, to defend the honour of the betrothed, few would be any the wiser about the 'rumours' about the wife.

So, here's an angle - Murphy's actually the one prone to misogyny. He displayed a medieval attitude, women as property, and used that to defend his own poor on-ground behaviour, because women cannot look after themselves without a man to defend and protect them.

A true modern man would have empowered his partner to speak for herself - if she felt the need. If she didn't feel sufficiently slighted, then cro-magnon man should STFU.

If she did feel sufficiently slighted, but insufficiently empowered to speak for herself, then cro-magnon man should STFU.

Murphy made her the spectacle when he went first to social media. Then he has the gall to pot the ordinary punters for speculating on social media. If only....and then he heaved her on to the social media pyre.

He lit the fuse, and used his wife as fuel.

He's the one who should be ashamed.

The word (modern) "worldly" keeps springing to mind.

Such is the life of many a modern 'elite' sportsman. All outrage is their due, particularly those ensconced in institutions with outsized and residual senses of entitlement.

You're not exceptional, Murph, and only the captured care what you consider offensive enough to broadcast.
He used his wife to protect his own arse. Very selfish

Murphy nor Carlton have responded to the club or Geary reaching out. This tells me that the sledging was a smoke screen.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.