What was said to Murphy?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Re: What was said to Murphy?

Johnny Member wrote:Murphy didn't spit on him.

Hate to break it to everyone, but there's a big chance that some Saints players are sexist jerks and hung s*** on a dude's missus. And as a result, that dude was rightly pissed off about it.
Not saying he shouldn't be pissed off, but to stand up for her when his opponent is on the ground (and no doubt in agony) is just soft & gutless.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

bid boy?

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Another thread hijacked by Personal Agendas - leave off it please

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:Another thread hijacked by Personal Agendas - leave off it please
Why?

It's what Saintsational is all about. Posters attacking each other and then the mods shitting themselves about all the rules and frightened we will get closed down due to litigation.

Fun times indeed!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:Murphy didn't spit on him.

Hate to break it to everyone, but there's a big chance that some Saints players are sexist jerks and hung s*** on a dude's missus. And as a result, that dude was rightly pissed off about it.
Not saying he shouldn't be pissed off, but to stand up for her when his opponent is on the ground (and no doubt in agony) is just soft & gutless.
Just my opinion, but I think it's all a bit of an overreaction to be honest.

I get the players sledging - the stakes are high. I personally don't like it but don't really see an issue with adults doing it on a footy field - Overreaction number 1.

Murphy cracking the sads as badly as he did - Overreaction number 2.

The Saints fans outrage at Murphy dancing on Carlisle's grave (figuratively speaking) - I get the Saints players bashing him for it, but the fans getting on their high horse about it? He didn't spit on him, he just hung s*** on him as he went past - Overreaction number 3.

Talkback radio going nuts over the whole thing?? Overreaction number 4.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

I really do hope that what was said isn't what the media are speculating. It would be extremely disappointing if true.

I get it, sledging happens every match and all players learn to cop it and dish it back. But, it can cross the line, especially when it becomes about family.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I didn't hear anyone in the media telling us what a terrible culture the filth had when their coach called Milne a farking rapist, then lied about it repeatedly until it was too obvious to carry on with that tactic. Can't they find a new whipping boy when it comes to club cultures? Ours has been pretty solid ever since GT took over. I remember, first hand, just how good the culture was under Timmy Watson. Another year of Timmy and the club may have sunk without a trace.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

Carey shagged Murphy's Mrs.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
The_President
Club Player

Might have nothing to do with the King but rather one of our own.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

The_President wrote:Might have nothing to do with the King but rather one of our own.
Sounds fishy.

stonecold
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:
The_President wrote:Might have nothing to do with the King but rather one of our own.
Sounds fishy.
Say it again Sam!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Carey weights in with his two bits worth.

Maybe he should have kept his mouth and his fly zipped.

"AFL great Wayne Carey has slammed the sledging of Carlton skipper Marc Murphy by St Kilda players.

And Eddie McGuire says players are getting away with more because “the days of the square up are over”.

Footy’s biggest voices have weighed in today after Murphy was targeted by Saints players at Etihad Stadium on Saturday.

Carlton has not revealed the exact taunts but they were not racial, homophobic or religious in nature. It’s believed they related to Murphy’s family.

The verbal battle wasn’t all one-way — Murphy sparked a huge brawl when he sledged St Kilda defender Jake Carlisle as he lay hurt on the turf just before three-quarter time in a spiteful contest.

Murphy refused to shake hands with most Saints players after the siren, and Carey suggested his reaction would have been more different if the abuse happened off the footy field.

Former Essendon champ Tim Watson has called for a player code of conduct to draw the line on what is acceptable on-field banter, while Giants ruckman Shane Mumford has spoken of his regret about taunting Lance Franklin over his mental health issues.
Marc Murphy leaves the field on Saturday.

Carey described the personal nature of St Kilda’s sledging towards Murphy as, “really, really wrong.”

“If it is personal, it is wrong. It is as simple as that,” Carey said on Triple M.

“If Murph has taken it that way, then it is wrong. It is all about how someone takes something. If you’re attacking someone, especially if it is a family member then that is really, really wrong.”

Carey also questioned whether the St Kilda players would act in the same way if they saw Murphy outside of football.

“Would you say that to someone in the street?

“Would they say that to Murph is they were walking up the street to him. If they did, I guarantee you it would be a different reaction.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/t ... f2dc8b837c

"

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:

“Would they say that to Murph is they were walking up the street to him. If they did, I guarantee you it would be a different reaction.”
Such a silly and irrelevant analogy.

You can't tackle or bump someone in the street either Wayne.

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

stonecold wrote:
dragit wrote:
Sounds fishy.
Say it again Sam!!!!!
I'm now 25 times better informed than yesterday.

Always loyal
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Barrett quite clearly stating the issue started with Murphy on afl.com.au...flip flopping in every direction! Far be it for Barrett to report something positive about the club, my eyes roll out of my head every time I read 'Sliding Doors' every Friday. Anyways, I care not.

Proph3t of egan
Club Player

If it was of a personal nature, then It went way too far. This is obviously just as bad as racist, homophobic and religious sledges, so the fact it is still in the game is unacceptable. In fact I think we should ban all talking in the game, as someone might says something that hurts someone else's feelings. While we are at it, let's make both teams wear the same guernseys to remove all adversity from the game and let them play kick to kick together and sing Kumbaya

Non-issue of the week, brought to you by the AFL media

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

stonecold wrote:
dragit wrote:
Sounds fishy.
Say it again Sam!!!!!
rumour over on BigFooty was that Sam was going out with her, and paid for an overseas trip, just for her,
and the day she returned, she allegedly discussed the trip with another AFL player, over dinner and breakfast :shock:

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
saynta wrote:

OMG just about choked on my coffee. Wayne Carey the guy who walked up to a girl in the street and grabbed her breast.

Wayne carey who was having an affair with his best mate and team mate's wife.

Wayne Carey who has dabbled in illicit drugs.

Yep what a role model.

Good god. And all the girls that were paid off by norf to keep their mouths shut.

The_President
Club Player

SemperFidelis wrote:
stonecold wrote:
dragit wrote:
Sounds fishy.
Say it again Sam!!!!!
I'm now 25 times better informed than yesterday.

Possibly x3 in the red, white and black.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Q: Did Murphy's wife sleep around a bit before she was married?
- If she did and someone pointed it out then who cares because it's true.
- If she didn't then who cares if someone says she did because you know it's not true. How can something that isn't true upset you on a footy field?

Best defence for sledging is to answer in a way that shows that it has no effect on you. If someone said something like that to me about my wife I'd tell them that she has better taste than to sleep with you (or something like that). Laugh it off.

Racism, religion, sexual preferences...I get that's a no go...But come on this has consumed way too much bandwidth.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Johnny Member wrote:
saynta wrote:

On the street, a jumper punch is common law assault. Got that Wayne?

And if Murphy's wife has had a dalliance with you (despite your history with women) and Murphy knows about it. Then he's a dime a dozen fool deserving of ridicule.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Proph3t of egan wrote:...let's make both teams wear the same guernseys to remove all adversity from the game and let them play kick to kick together and sing Kumbaya

Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya
Someone's singing Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbayah
Someone's laughing, Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya
Someone's crying, Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya
Someone's praying, Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya
Someone's sleeping, Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbayah
Someone's squealing, Lord kumbuya
Oh Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya
Songwriters: . Traditional

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
saynta wrote:

OMG just about choked on my coffee. Wayne Carey the guy who walked up to a girl in the street and grabbed her breast.

Wayne carey who was having an affair with his best mate and team mate's wife.

Wayne Carey who has dabbled in illicit drugs.

Yep what a role model.

Good god. And all the girls that were paid off by norf to keep their mouths shut.
Perhaps he had an epiphany at Archer's joint, mullet, when he got out of the 6 X 3 room, and decided to study ethics (or, moral philosophy, if you prefer).

I wonder which school he tends toward: meta, normative or applied ethics? Student of Bentham, Mill, Kant, Hobbes, or does he prefer others?

And, we have Wee Timmy similarly flappin' his gums about right and wrong, and codes of conduct. Wee Timmy, the grand defender of those who did conduct unregistered clinical trials on the un and ill informed, including his own kid. And, this twit wants to lecture all on unethical behavior and codes of conduct?!?!

If, IF, any of our chaps did resort to the personal to get under Murphy's skin, as long as they stayed away from the community consensus 'no go zones', so be it. Not my go, don't feel the need but, FFS, spare us the moral philosophers who demand to regulate behaviour AFTER the event, an event of a type that has been happening in competitive environments since time immemorial.

And, if, IF, any of the 'advice' tabled here, about what may have been behind any alleged sledge of the Jack Steven kidney puncher, might it be possible Murphy reacted as he did because it really was 'close to home'?

Now, if, IF, such sledging was my go, and I saw Murphy react as he did, I probably would have gone on with the job, and added a little icing:

Maybe, "s***, sorry Murph, I thought you knew, and pressed on anyway, being the self secured chap you are, out of true lurv"

Or, maybe, depending on what one saw 'live and up close' - "Buyer's remorse much, Murph?"

Because ya never know, but the reaction suggests distinct possibilities.

Just more of Guy Debord's "Society of the Spectacle", where "passive identification with the spectacle supplants genuine activity" - ergo, types like Carey and Watson become 'authoritative', history is forgotten and only the present exists, and social life is mediated by images, unauthentic images at that, affecting perceptions, degrading knowledge and devaluing critical thought.

To put all that another way - it's all just more bulls***, tossed into the ring off the same shovels.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

iTunes; "Kumbaya" by Marc n Jess Murphy feat. Duck ,Chips ,Gouris n a cast of thousands

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

dragit wrote:I would be pretty filthy…

Is that her? Well that opens up a myriad of things that might have been said:

"Take her out for feed occasionally" would be one.

Or perhaps he and his missus were referred to as Ken and Barbie?