Carslile incident

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Carslile incident

Two things this proved...

Gears is worthy of the Captaincy, and Jake is certainly a Saint now.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Toy Saint wrote:So as the saga unfolds it sounds like this......

...Saints players sledging Murphy throughout the game because his missus either is or has had had an affair with Wayne Carey.....

....Murphy upset and rattled....

.....Jake Carslile cops a wayward knee to the groin and drops to the ground, motionless in the fetal position....

.....Murphy deliberately runs up to the fallen Carslile and either says something unsavory, or possibly spits at the fallen Carslile....

......Geary chases Murphy and remonstrates with him.....

.....an all in brawl follows....

.....at the end of the game Murphy is upset....they lost...his wife's morality was questioned.....he reacted poorly...

...on Sunday the Carlton media relations department does their thing....Paul Roos....Barret...etc get involved....call for St Kilda to be penalised...

....over to you AFL.......Steven Baker = 8 weeks.........
Gold.

And depressingly accurate ...

Always loyal
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

WellardSaint wrote:
That first paragraph is disgraceful.
The "sledging" is stated quite blatantly as fact rather than speculation or allegation.
What sort of rubbish journo is Daniel Cherny?
Barracks for St Kilda.

Seriously.

Have another crack Daniel. This is a classic AFL good old boys stacks on, and everyone's fallen for it.

Always loyal
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

SAAD wrote:I"ll tell ya what I know... we stuck it up em with a man down all day!
Always good to have some perspective Saad!

Always loyal
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

stevie wrote:Bakes will get weeks for this
Post of the day

Always loyal
dragit
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:Two things this proved...

I think it also proved that Marc Murphy wife has been sleeping with Carey... otherwise he would have completely laughed it off.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Looks like Carlton communications area have got on the front foot on this..

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Looks like Carlton communications area have got on the front foot on this..
Yep. They need to dilute the spitting claim. Have they denied that he spat yet?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

here's the vision of him approaching jake and gears taking exception
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/video-b ... 7f9cfc14a9

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
ROLS-LEE
Club Player

As someone else stated. I'm Glad THAT Geary Is Captain. Did what a captain should do and protect your men. Also means that Carlisle is a Saint and the boys have his back. Great to see.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Hear Hear! Never like to see behaviour like Murphy's, and it would appear that the media department at Carlscum are in full swing in the mission to cast Murphy as " victim "

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Loved Johno's 'expert' commentary on Fox about why Murphy was was being booed by us.

"He only got involved in some pushing and shoving on the way back and it escalated".

So perceptive. What a dumb arse..

Stick to your coaching selection, Johno...

Scott Watters

Thanks flog...

:mrgreen:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
shrodes wrote:Here's Barrett going on about it

Regardless of the sledge the unacceptable part is remonstrating with a player who looks seriously injured.
Looks like he spat on him.
From that vision you are jumping to a fanciful conclusion.

Much more likely is that he just swore at him, or made some smart-arse comment.

I certainly agree that given that Carlisle was down and in pain it was crossing the line. But the spitting accusation based on that vision has absolutely no basis.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Ya know what. I don't really have a problem with any of it. Murphy's entitled to see red at the sledging. That's his prerogative. Not sure any of us would have been overly impressed with it if it was us. Reckon most of us wouldn't be happy if the blue baggers were talking rubbish about Roo's wife. I also don't have a problem with what the saints boys did. Got under his skin and then flew the flag, Push and shove, got heated but no-one got hurt. At the end of the day none of us have any business knowing what has happened out on the field and the only disgrace is the Carlton media department leaking this crap along with Paul Roos (who I have always had time for, being an old Roy Boy myself). All that needed to be said is that they can quite categorically state that Carlisle wasn't spat on. (would have thought that Jake himself could have delivered that line as well) As for the reason for the argy bargy? 36 competitive blokes playing contact sport, occasionally sees tempers flare. End of story

To the top
SS Life Member

Look at the vision again.

In moving to and continuing to move past Carlisle, how many words did he have time to utter in the mere fraction of a second his bent torso and head were in proximity to Carlisle.

To get the message across "Get up you weak (whatever)" takes a second and Number 3 of Carlton did not loiter for a second - he kept moving.

So he did not loiter for the 1 second it would take to deliver a 5 word "spray" (the media description)

And Carlisle, in the state he was in would have had no idea, particularly of being spat on, which IS a fraction of a second act.

Given the footage (and it is absolutely consistent with what I have described on this site elsewhere) there is only one conclusion and the intent and continual movement of Number 3 confirm that conclusion (during time off).

Interesting that 20 St Kilda players did not approach Number 3 after the game, and Number 3 approached St Kilda's two most senior players only, then invoked the name of the St Kilda Coach.

Why?

The action St Kilda players saw and reacted to was more than a word said in the fraction of a second Number 3's torso was bent over Carlisle, whilst Number 3 passed Carlisle without any loitering, not even for a second.

And the first line of a scoundrel's defence is to muddy the waters by making beneath contempt counter allegation.

That is what has been resorted to in this case, supported by the hyena's of the media.

I do not know how many men Number 3's female friend has or is having sex with if she has or is, but in any industry such activities are common knowledge when they occur because of egos and loose lips.

Carey, of course, has disclosed form.

No doubt Number 3 would have quickly run past and given Phil Hughes a "spray" as he lay on the cricket pitch as well.

Because that is the DNA a Captain looks to inject into his team.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Wayne Carey says he can't remember the names of all the women he has slept with recently but if there are any he has missed out on sleeping with, then they should just give him a call.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:Ya know what. I don't really have a problem with any of it. Murphy's entitled to see red at the sledging.

Where is the evidence of sledging?

Only thing you can say with a degree of confidence is that Murphy gave a gob full of bile to a stricken St Kilda player. There is vision and pictures to support this.

Of course, he may have been checking on Jake's condition, but that wouldn't explain Geary's reaction.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Tim Watson continuing his hate for the saints. Line in the sand over what can be said on the field. blah blah. You just dont say some things. Then in the next sentence he is joking about lip reading what stevie j said to the crowd ha ha ha. Geez Timmy just when I start to get over your bias you do it again. Gary Lyon didnt want to talk about it as he said we dont know what was said. Tim didnot make a comment on murphy approaching a player down. was not even mentioned. Ask Buddy Franklin what they say about his wife every week. Ask Judd what was said about his wife every week. I've said it before this type of sledging has been going on since the game began. Mothers, Wives, girlfriends.

Carlton, the club that cheated its way through years of flags, and now they are crying foul. Please.

Darth Vader
Club Player

Moods wrote:Ya know what. I don't really have a problem with any of it. Murphy's entitled to see red at the sledging. That's his prerogative. Not sure any of us would have been overly impressed with it if it was us. Reckon most of us wouldn't be happy if the blue baggers were talking rubbish about Roo's wife. I also don't have a problem with what the saints boys did. Got under his skin and then flew the flag, Push and shove, got heated but no-one got hurt. At the end of the day none of us have any business knowing what has happened out on the field and the only disgrace is the Carlton media department leaking this crap along with Paul Roos (who I have always had time for, being an old Roy Boy myself). All that needed to be said is that they can quite categorically state that Carlisle wasn't spat on. (would have thought that Jake himself could have delivered that line as well) As for the reason for the argy bargy? 36 competitive blokes playing contact sport, occasionally sees tempers flare. End of story
Gotta agree. Nothing in it all round as long as no spitting. Good sledge by us, can't blame Murphy for responding, great leadership by Geary, good bit of biffo, excellent booing by crowd. What's the drama?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

So this is the same Murphy who repeatedly gave Jack Steven snide/sneaky little punches to the kidneys at stoppages?
That's acceptable but apparently sledging about his missus is not?

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
satchmo wrote:Two things this proved...

I think it also proved that Marc Murphy wife has been sleeping with Carey... otherwise he would have completely laughed it off.
Who hasn't Carey slept with?

What fascination do women have for him?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:Wayne Carey says he can't remember the names of all the women he has slept with recently but if there are any he has missed out on sleeping with, then they should just give him a call.
+1

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
shrodes wrote:Here's Barrett going on about it

Regardless of the sledge the unacceptable part is remonstrating with a player who looks seriously injured.
Looks like he spat on him.
From that vision you are jumping to a fanciful conclusion.

Much more likely is that he just swore at him, or made some smart-arse comment.

I certainly agree that given that Carlisle was down and in pain it was crossing the line. But the spitting accusation based on that vision has absolutely no basis.
TFS is definitely a show about nothing. Where have I heard that before??
What about Tony Jones. I see more personality in a piece of timber

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Loved Johno's 'expert' commentary on Fox about why Murphy was was being booed by us.

"He only got involved in some pushing and shoving on the way back and it escalated".

So perceptive. What a dumb arse..

Stick to your coaching selection, Johno...

Scott Watters

Thanks flog...

:mrgreen:

Haha I laughed to myself last night over this too. The fact they missed it is understandable. The fact that they had a quarter break and a whole quarter to find out why 30000 saints supporters all boooed with incredible timing and intent for one player is pathetic.

These are paid commentators. How does the entire stadium see what happened yet these paid idiots with every replay under the sun available to them can't work it out. They had heaps of time to.

Seems that the people who pay to watch see the game a whole lot better.

Loved the strength of the booing from us. Defend our own, as one. Had some bite to it that maybe we havnt had in the past. And as others have suggested - there's no questioning Geary as captain. They followed him into that melee.

To the top
SS Life Member

Is that the Tony Jones Judd's wife obviously has such a high regard for?