Carslile incident

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Carslile incident

http://www.heraldsun.com.au

WATSON: PLAYERS NEED SLEDGING CODE

FORMER Essendon champion Tim Watson has called for AFL players to consider a code of conduct of their own for onfield sledging.

The conversation stems from an ugly incident on Saturday afternoon when Carlton captain Marc Murphy took umbrage to a barb from St Kilda players.

The actual sledge has not been made public but it is not of a racial, homophobic or religious nature.

"It is of a family nature. It's a personal family thing that was pointed out on the weekend and that is why Murphy reacted in the way that he did," Watson said on SEN 1116.

"Write a code amongst yourselves boys and be mature... the players (should) develop their own code of conduct as to what is acceptable and what is not acceptable."

Murphy will not pursue any further action over the ugly incident at Etihad Stadium.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Why the heck did Joey shake hands with Turd Murphy?

Who else shook hands with that oxygen thief?

Disgraceful conduct by Joey. Should've not shook hands. Sounds like Joey is all set for a compliant media role when he's done with footy. He said on Foxsports he's not Ito sledging and wants it left to the younger ones. Eff that. It's Carlton. You gotta hate them and give them heaps CONSTANTLY.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Mark Spitz?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:Mark Spitz?
Apparently!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

did look more of a spitting motion, and would explain exactly why Gears reacted so stronngly, and the Carlton and AFL media have come out strongly to muddy the waters. If he did, the clubs will all know and he'll be getting sledged all year.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
bigcarl wrote:Mark Spitz?
Apparently!
Ah, very clever. Took me long enough.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:Image
Pure gold!

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

The first thing my partner said after the incident was "that number 3 spat at our player". A lot of other people around us said the same thing. I find it hard to believe but it certainly wasn't a good look.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

satchmo wrote:Image
That is brilliant. :lol: :lol:

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

mullet wrote:
White Winmar wrote:Unbelievably, this has somehow been turned into an incident in which the saints are in the wrong. According to the halfwit rumourmonger, Barrett, it was all about the saints players mercilessly sledging Murphy until he snapped. He was supposedly so distressed after the game that "people who knew him had never seen him so disturbed." No mention of why Carlisle was laying on the ground clutching his orchestra stalls, when Murphy either sledged, or worse still, allegedly spat on him. Usual Barrett standard. No facts, just lots of unnamed sources, made up speculation and an inability to get the real story. And his idiot friend, Gaddy Lyon, calls him, "The best in the business". Well, he would say that. He gets paid to say it. In this so-called industry, maybe he is. They set the bar very low for the AFL media.
Same guy who said Dempter had cracked the sads. Turned out his career was over because of bravery. His only answer, it was clubs fault for not telling him. Wanker
You make a valid point here. I know from personal experience that journalists make things up if you refuse to talk to them. You'd be amazed at how feral a journo gets if you refuse to talk to them. I had a journo actually threaten to make things up (and he did) because I refused to give him my phone number.
Last edited by Linton Lodger on Mon 15 May 2017 12:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

saintbrat wrote:here's the vision of him approaching jake and gears taking exception
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/video-b ... 7f9cfc14a9
Watching that footage, it appears there's no way that Murphy could have said anything, even a single syllable, in the time trame. The prick spat at Carlisle.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

magnifisaint wrote:
dragit wrote:
satchmo wrote:Two things this proved...

Gears is worthy of the Captaincy, and Jake is certainly a Saint now.
I think it also proved that Marc Murphy wife has been sleeping with Carey... otherwise he would have completely laughed it off.
Who hasn't Carey slept with?

What fascination do women have for him?
Groupies like to climb the pecking order.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:
saintbrat wrote:here's the vision of him approaching jake and gears taking exception
Watching that footage, it appears there's no way that Murphy could have said anything, even a single syllable, in the time trame. The prick spat at Carlisle.
Watch the end of the clip, what is Simpson (?) number 6 saying to the Carlton players? Simpson doesn't go into the fray and waves a couple Carlton players away from the melee, then he says something to a player and points to his mouth - what does that mean?
Is he referring to a sledge being said or that someone expectorated????

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:
Watch the end of the clip, what is Simpson (?) number 6 saying to the Carlton players? Simpson doesn't go into the fray and waves a couple Carlton players away from the melee, then he says something to a player and points to his mouth - what does that mean?
Is he referring to a sledge being said or that someone expectorated????
Think you're reading too much into it.
Simpson's a smart cookie and very experienced. He's probably telling the players there's a $2k fine if they get involved. They all turn tail pretty quick.

On the incident itself, there's it looks like the Saints players took exception to an action rather than the words. Four players descended on Murphy very quickly. Points to the likelihood that they saw rather than heard something.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

So what will Slobbo and the 360 crew say about it tonight? Or will they dance on eggshells and say nada??

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
CarlD
Club Player

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-co ... 6092ffaa2c

"The 29-year-old responded by giving Jake Carlisle a gobful as the St Kilda tall was lying on the ground after getting kneed during a marking contest."

Was the writer being intentionally cute with his wording or just a poor choice of words in the circumstances?

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

CarlD wrote:http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-co ... 6092ffaa2c

"The 29-year-old responded by giving Jake Carlisle a gobful as the St Kilda tall was lying on the ground after getting kneed during a marking contest."

Was the writer being intentionally cute with his wording or just a poor choice of words in the circumstances?
It is an interesting choice of words.

Channel 9 Sunday Footy show described the incident as a "spat". :shock:

Perhaps the media are aware of the underlying accusations but unprepared to say it.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Is that the Tony Jones Judd's wife obviously has such a high regard for?
Have you seen the footage ttt? She did a better baulk than her husband ever managed. Robert Harvey would've been proud of it. :D

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:
mullet wrote:
White Winmar wrote:Unbelievably, this has somehow been turned into an incident in which the saints are in the wrong. According to the halfwit rumourmonger, Barrett, it was all about the saints players mercilessly sledging Murphy until he snapped. He was supposedly so distressed after the game that "people who knew him had never seen him so disturbed." No mention of why Carlisle was laying on the ground clutching his orchestra stalls, when Murphy either sledged, or worse still, allegedly spat on him. Usual Barrett standard. No facts, just lots of unnamed sources, made up speculation and an inability to get the real story. And his idiot friend, Gaddy Lyon, calls him, "The best in the business". Well, he would say that. He gets paid to say it. In this so-called industry, maybe he is. They set the bar very low for the AFL media.
Same guy who said Dempter had cracked the sads. Turned out his career was over because of bravery. His only answer, it was clubs fault for not telling him. Wanker
You make a valid point here. I know from personal experience that journalists make things up if you refuse to talk to them. You'd be amazed at how feral a journo gets if you refuse to talk to them. I had a journo actually threaten to make things up (and he did) because I refused to give him my phone number.
Unfortunately, LL, it is an all too common occurrence. I've had it happen to me, too. I remember a reporter in Geelong making up several replies I supposedly made to questions about a murder down there. Sheer fantasy. I refused to divulge details as the investigation was at a very delicate stage. She gave me a gobfull, and then printed the fabrication. Got me in trouble, but she eventually "resigned". Seems she had form. Most of them "fill in the holes" with terms like, "sources close to...." , " a friend who wishes to remain anonymous", and my favourite, just sticking the word allegedly in front of everything, which they treat as a licence to print whatever they want. Interesting creatures. No wonder in all the credibility surveys they are consistently at the bottom with politicians, car sellers, real estate agents etc.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

bigcarl wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au

WATSON: PLAYERS NEED SLEDGING CODE

FORMER Essendon champion Tim Watson has called for AFL players to consider a code of conduct of their own for onfield sledging.

The conversation stems from an ugly incident on Saturday afternoon when Carlton captain Marc Murphy took umbrage to a barb from St Kilda players.

The actual sledge has not been made public but it is not of a racial, homophobic or religious nature.

"It is of a family nature. It's a personal family thing that was pointed out on the weekend and that is why Murphy reacted in the way that he did," Watson said on SEN 1116.

"Write a code amongst yourselves boys and be mature... the players (should) develop their own code of conduct as to what is acceptable and what is not acceptable."

Murphy will not pursue any further action over the ugly incident at Etihad Stadium.
Murphy spat on Carlisle apparently, Murphy copped it as Wayne Carey shagged Murphy's Mrs some time back. Murph married this girl in the past off season.

Not sure which happened first.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
mullet
Saintsational Legend

If Murphy was so upset about what was being said, why didnt he remonstrate earlier?

Why wait until one of our players was down?

Where was the overwhelming support from his team mates over these awful sledges?

At least our players stuck up for each other.

If what Murphy says is true and he was sledged unfairly all day, why didnt his mates make a stand for him?

If it wasnt Stkilda it wouldnt be a story. Spose it takes the heat off bucks and the tiggies

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

That ugly man Caro Wilson is a Tiger fanatic,
she will spend a lot of time on how bad and evil the Saints are, how we should lose the 4 points from the win for bringing the game into disrepute,
so she won't have time to answer any questions over the Tiggies throwing a game

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Geary has rung Murphy to state that the saints went too far and to apologise. Reported on SEN.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
To the top
SS Life Member

Apart from Roo, who went to Carlisle and moved off, no St Kilda player was that close - and if as far away as they were did they hear something that had them confront the retreating Number 3 OR did they see something?

My guess is they SAW something.

Because of the time frame of Number 3 passing the crumpled body of Carlisle, being a fraction of a second, only one word could have been directed at Carlisle.

There is unlikely to have been such a reaction to one word, no matter the word.

Or even 2 words if he got two words out in that fraction of a second time frame.

Or, maybe, by speculation only, just maybe Number 3 said to Number 2 "Well, at least you will not be rooting my other half tonight. Pity because she really likes low numbers"

And Number 14 got upset because he thought he was - and his number is higher, but not 18.

Then the other guys got upset because they thought they were - in turns of course.

Pure speculation, of course.

The only fact is that THE Number 3 is Jack Steven.

And Jack would catch up with you because he is so fast.