Saints v blues match thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints v blues match thread

BigMart wrote:Yep... I've said that before

He is a clone

He is about as similar to Lenny as Jack Lonie... not a bit!
He played OK

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Nice win - especially considering that we were one man down for rotations for most of the game.

Showed good fitness to run the game out - did we stuff up tapering costing us the Melbourne game and probably to West Coast game?????

Carlton showed good pressure - and great defense - they will win their share of games this year
Last edited by Sainter_Dad on Sat 13 May 2017 7:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Dunstan got more of the ball, and wish he didn't

I figured out what's worse than him not getting a kick... him actually getting a kick.

He is so slow it's funny
typical of you. complain when he doesn't get enough of it, then complain when he does.
every comment you've made after the win is negative. the sun was in my eyes, the mids all handballed too much (dunstan didn't by the way), dinstan got too much of it, underwhelming...

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
shrodes
SS Life Member

desertsaint wrote:

I figured out what's worse than him not getting a kick... him actually getting a kick.

He is so slow it's funny
typical of you. complain when he doesn't get enough of it, then complain when he does.
every comment you've made after the win is negative. the sun was in my eyes, the mids all handballed too much (dunstan didn't by the way), dinstan got too much of it, underwhelming...
It's called Little Mart Syndrome, where it's impossible to find a shred of positivity in your life... quite sad really

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

We played poorly, the majority would think that... Dunstan made some horrendous errors... that was obvious

10 000 supporters on the wing had the sun directly in their eyes after HT

We beat a bottom 3 team by 2 goals... and over handballed

Nothing ground breaking there

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:

He is so slow it's funny

Exactly right. Will repeatedly peddle his case over and over to make you think he is correct.

28 is a strong game. At the game missed a lot of in and under. Yes saw a couple of turnovers. But got more of it and hopefully appreciate his game more tonight.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I thought he played alright... presented well and did a few nice things... his game lacked some polish but so did 3/4 of the midfield at one time or another.

Wasn't a great game for skills or decision making but Dunstan, like Gilbert who had some howlers too, was one of the main reasons we got over. He won contests.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Dunstan did make some horrendous errors and he is slow. I can't see how you can argue with that.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

28 disposals but Dunstan was low on; contested possessions, clearances, and tackles. No Koby Stevens.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
carn_sainter
Club Player

Yeah, Dunstan looked a level below today. He is clearly behind Steven, Ross, Steele, Stevens, Newnes, Armitage, as centre bounce players and doesn't add, outside of a centre bounce, as much as Acres, Gresham, Sinclair, Minchington and others who could play through the middle of the ground. Dunstan and Savage are the two who have improved the least from 2016 compared to the rest of the list.

He is by no means rubbish, but he is at the bottom of the pile at the moment, I reckon.

One passage of play in the third had him put a couple of efforts in over 50-60m deep in defence, after which he was knackered. On his haunches in front of the moorabbin wing and stuffed. As I would expect to see after a full 100m sprint, not 50m. That was worrying. It's not so easy to improve some aspects of running capacity...there is certainly a limit on sprint explosiveness, and his is low. Endurance is easier to improve, but not in-season so much. He needs to get smarter and better at getting himself to the ball first and being more effective at clearances/stoppages.

I think Dunstan's career will be Armitage-like, in that he'll be okayish until he is 25-27, have a couple of really good seasons, largely by virtue of the natural churn of players, and then struggle again as he gets towards 30. But if he can really smarten up, study, work closely with his teammates and get his hands lightning fast he can be a very effective player.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Seriously. If you want to single out ONE player today for not playing well. Why on earth would be be Dunstan unless you have an agenda?

He was not our best, but two thirds off the team played worse games than him today.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:
We beat a bottom 3 team by 2 goals
That sun was worse than I thought.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
BigMart wrote:
We beat a bottom 3 team by 2 goals
That sun was worse than I thought.
Odd. I was at the game, but while roof was open it was cloudy and light was diffused.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Interesting game. Got the 4 points. Nearly 25 more inside 50's. if the guys lowered their eyes a bit more going forward we'd probably have won by 10-12 goals. Very bomby going forward and the bigger forwards seem to love all running to the same spot and turning a one on one into a pack situation... Need to work on that. Still... a wins a win. Thought Acres looked really good. Billings starting to show his class. The lads just got it done today. Poor old Jake... His aggots will be purple after he got split open.

Savage in for Webster? When's Armo back? Thought Jimmy Web looked awesome early and was ready for a big one. Game changed a bit as soon as he went off.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Also if Armo and K. Stephens are going to come in... who comes out? Dunstan and....?

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote:Also if Armo and K. Stephens are going to come in... who comes out? Dunstan and....?
Minch will be on thin ice after just 9 possies. Struggles to be consistent at AFL level does Minchy. Will have one cracker of a game, then go quiet for a couple.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Bluthy wrote:
prwilkinson wrote:Also if Armo and K. Stephens are going to come in... who comes out? Dunstan and....?
Minch will be on thin ice after just 9 possies. Struggles to be consistent at AFL level does Minchy. Will have one cracker of a game, then go quiet for a couple.
Yeah, fair point. Forgot about meatball. Gees we'll be a tough hard at it side with Armo and Stephens in there as well.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

been given a warning for calling Carlton "the cheating wogs" I have been here since the start of saintsational it appears I may have to say goodbye. I will always call them the cheating wogs and feel comfortable with it .
look forward to political correctness taking over another facet of my life :)

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

The Fireman wrote:been given a warning for calling Carlton "the cheating wogs" I have been here since the start of saintsational it appears I may have to say goodbye. I will always call them the cheating wogs and feel comfortable with it .
Don't go Firey Image

Always loyal
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

SemperFidelis wrote:
The Fireman wrote:been given a warning for calling Carlton "the cheating wogs" I have been here since the start of saintsational it appears I may have to say goodbye. I will always call them the cheating wogs and feel comfortable with it .
Don't go Firey Image
would like to stay Sempers lets see how it pans out

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Prolly been mentioned but that great tackle by Sinclair in the last qtr pretty much stopped Carlscum going up by 7 pts and was a major turning point

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
SemperFidelis wrote:
Don't go Firey Image
would like to stay Sempers lets see how it pans out
I've got a spare bag of concrete mix in the shed for ya Firey...HTFU you pale faced red haired freckly face xxxx

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Minch plays in a different position

He is not going to be a high possession player, as a deep small forward

It's interesting
When quoting Dunstan's average numbers (17), it is said we can't use numbers as a measure... then when he gets 28,we should?!
What is it? I suppose whatever suits??

He was opposed to Murphy for a lot of the game at stoppage, and both got a fair bit of the footy... I don't think Luke was horrendous, he got his hands on it, but I think he made some woeful decisions at times. He was not better than 2/3 of the team... he was average.

At one stage 8 possessions and 13 pts whatever that mean, possibly it suggests he was not using it well.

Billings, Gilbert, Ross, Steven, Carlisle, Gilbert, Newnes, Brown, Steele, Acres, Longer, Roberton, Geary

He was better than
Minchington, Riewoldt, Joey, Bruce, Membrey, Gresham

This agenda crap is rubbish too

I hope he comes on in leaps and bounds, and I know what he needs to do in order for that to happen

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Western Oriented Gentleman need you fireman.