Was anyone listening?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

loris
Saintsational Legend

Was anyone listening?

....... to a ABC Radio AFL sports program on Sunday morning. I'm sure it's a national program like Grandstand. It was sometime after 1015am WA time. I got into my car and I came on the end of a conversation Nathan Burke was involved with. It was about relaxation & meditation before games. Burke said it wasn't a recent innovation, he told how Stan Alves introduced relaxation techniques into the Saints during his time, and most of the blokes in the team weren't into it.

I found that interesting, but that wasn't the main thing that caught my attention.

The female announcer on the program. She seemed to me to be the anchor of the program ( dont know who she was or her name), plus there was another footballer on the program with Burke.
This female, then started to talk about how refreshing it was to have honesty from AFL players and coaches, as most of them just come out with the usual things. . She went on to say it was so good to hear Alan Richardson speak so honestly and not qualify with AFL speak, which may not make him friends at the AFL. So I assumed they had interviewed AR earlier in the program that morning.

She also mentioned another player from GWS who was straightforward with his feelings, and didn't hide behind the usual platitudes. They replayed a bit of the interview with him (I think it was the GWS co-captain) he was rather emotinal, for some reason he felt responsible for the leg injury their young backman suffered in the game against the Saints. All the panel were saying how it is good to hear players, coaches speak how it is/was.

I'm only assuming they had interviewed AR before I tuned into the program - did anyone else hear what AR said that was so open? Or they may have only been discussing what they have heard what AR said on some other program.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Was anyone listening?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/sport/progra ... tion=sport

Sunday Session with Kelly underwood and Burkey and a commedian

He was on their Saturday program
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=92722

Whether it was from there

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
shrodes
SS Life Member

loris wrote:....... to a ABC Radio AFL sports program on Sunday morning. I'm sure it's a national program like Grandstand. It was sometime after 1015am WA time. I got into my car and I came on the end of a conversation Nathan Burke was involved with. It was about relaxation & meditation before games. Burke said it wasn't a recent innovation, he told how Stan Alves introduced relaxation techniques into the Saints during his time, and most of the blokes in the team weren't into it.

I found that interesting, but that wasn't the main thing that caught my attention.

The female announcer on the program. She seemed to me to be the anchor of the program ( dont know who she was or her name), plus there was another footballer on the program with Burke.
This female, then started to talk about how refreshing it was to have honesty from AFL players and coaches, as most of them just come out with the usual things. . She went on to say it was so good to hear Alan Richardson speak so honestly and not qualify with AFL speak, which may not make him friends at the AFL. So I assumed they had interviewed AR earlier in the program that morning.

She also mentioned another player from GWS who was straightforward with his feelings, and didn't hide behind the usual platitudes. They replayed a bit of the interview with him (I think it was the GWS co-captain) he was rather emotinal, for some reason he felt responsible for the leg injury their young backman suffered in the game against the Saints. All the panel were saying how it is good to hear players, coaches speak how it is/was.

I'm only assuming they had interviewed AR before I tuned into the program - did anyone else hear what AR said that was so open? Or they may have only been discussing what they have heard what AR said on some other program.
I love AR, but he 100% trots out platitudes... his 'pleasing', 'positive', 'losers or learners' is meme-worthy after all :wink:

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

shrodes wrote:
loris wrote:....... to a ABC Radio AFL sports program on Sunday morning. I'm sure it's a national program like Grandstand. It was sometime after 1015am WA time. I got into my car and I came on the end of a conversation Nathan Burke was involved with. It was about relaxation & meditation before games. Burke said it wasn't a recent innovation, he told how Stan Alves introduced relaxation techniques into the Saints during his time, and most of the blokes in the team weren't into it.

I love AR, but he 100% trots out platitudes... his 'pleasing', 'positive', 'losers or learners' is meme-worthy after all :wink:
"in that space"

In our last 2 wins, he hasn't rubbed his nose or cheek at all during the presser.
No fidgeting. That, for me, is pleasing :D

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee