I have 3 months to fight the big C

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Re: I have 3 months to fight the big C

Playon, I dont know you, but please donot think that you are ever failing your family because you are not.

I reckon you will fight like bloody hell and I wish you all the strength and love you need to fight the bastard.

Your family will be so proud of you.

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

I wish you and your family every single bit of strength, hope and good luck as I can muster. Good on you for sharing with us something that must be so hard for you to deal with yourself. Please let us know how things are going if you are able.

And may the mighty Saints provide some small, happy distraction over the next months. Fortius quo fidelis should work both ways.

Always loyal
ctqs
Club Player

Keep fighting the good fight mate. I had an aunt who was told she had 12 months. We had her for another 19 years.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Fight hard and turn 3 months into 3 premierships and 3 grandchildren while we are at it

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family Playon.
I know everyone here is on your side. Hopefully the Saints performances will help in your fight. Give it everything mate and good luck.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

100% behind you mate - fight hard!

“Yeah….nah””
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Sorry to hear this Playon - keep positive mate and keep up the good fight!!

Saintsational is right the way behind you!!

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
citywest

You will beat it Playon.

#gosaintas
Club Player

Surround yourself with positive people and fight. Good luck.

robsaint
Club Player

Playon as you can see you have a lot of people sending positve energy wishing you the best with your treatment. We all hope you are around to enjoy several more final series and a flag or 2. Keep up the good fight!

thefatdork
Club Player

Dear Playon,
that's really crappy news mate. I wish you all the best and I'll be sending all my positive thoughts your way.
Take care.
TFD

SAAD
Club Player

Best wishes bud. guy I went to school with got 6 months to live...that was 8 years ago he's still battling. You can do this.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Good luck Playon - one of my friends was diagnosed with cancer on his fortieth birthday.

He had chemo, he had bone marrow treatment, he joined two bands - he performed with one of them on morning tv recently - and he will turn 50 later this year.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
dals_da_bomb
Club Player

Just sending you and you family some love.
So much of it.
Its only the beginning, this story - your story - its only the beginning x

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
suss
Club Player

I read your post this morning Playon and it's been on my mind all day. My God. I can't imagine how you must feel ...

I hope you and your family get all the love and support you need and deserve, and sincerely hope you win the day.

noddy04
Club Player

Hi Playon...my wife and I wish you and your family all the very best in your fight. My wife had BC in 2000 and had a mascectomy and chemo. In 2010 she was told she was all clear. In June of 2014 she was told that she has Secondary Breast Cancer and put on radiotherpy. Her cancer has spread to her heart , lungs groin and back. She is a positive and happy person but it gets her down at times. Please Playon dont be afraid to cry mate ...it helps believe me. 6 weeks ago she had a heart attack but has come through that ok. Good luck mate keep your spirits up as you never know what is around the next corner.

noddy04
Club Player

Hi Playon...my wife and I wish you and your family all the very best in your fight. My wife had BC in 2000 and had a mascectomy and chemo. In 2010 she was told she was all clear. In June of 2014 she was told that she has Secondary Breast Cancer and put on radiotherpy. Her cancer has spread to her heart , lungs groin and back. She is a positive and happy person but it gets her down at times. Please Playon dont be afraid to cry mate ...it helps believe me. 6 weeks ago she had a heart attack but has come through that ok. Good luck mate keep your spirits up as you never know what is around the next corner.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

noddy04 wrote:Hi Playon...my wife and I wish you and your family all the very best in your fight. My wife had BC in 2000 and had a mascectomy and chemo. In 2010 she was told she was all clear. In June of 2014 she was told that she has Secondary Breast Cancer and put on radiotherpy. Her cancer has spread to her heart , lungs groin and back. She is a positive and happy person but it gets her down at times. Please Playon dont be afraid to cry mate ...it helps believe me. 6 weeks ago she had a heart attack but has come through that ok. Good luck mate keep your spirits up as you never know what is around the next corner.
Noddy my heart goes out to you and your family as well. Your wife sounds like an absolute fighter. Thoughts are with you as well.

CarlD
Club Player

My thoughts are with you and your family Playon as you take up the battle. All the very best.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

noddy04 wrote:Hi Playon...my wife and I wish you and your family all the very best in your fight. My wife had BC in 2000 and had a mascectomy and chemo. In 2010 she was told she was all clear. In June of 2014 she was told that she has Secondary Breast Cancer and put on radiotherpy. Her cancer has spread to her heart , lungs groin and back. She is a positive and happy person but it gets her down at times. Please Playon dont be afraid to cry mate ...it helps believe me. 6 weeks ago she had a heart attack but has come through that ok. Good luck mate keep your spirits up as you never know what is around the next corner.
Geez noddy that's awful. But you have a very tough wife. Hope the win on Friday night lifted both your spirits - she needs to hang on for a bit longer yet!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
noddy04
Club Player

Thanks for the kind words.....my post was not supposed to be about us but just to try to tell Playon that there is support everywhere out in the real world and FIGHT like crazy Playon. Good Luck mate

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Playon, very hard news mate. Sorry to hear that...if I could offer a little advice: The Melbourne Therapy Centre out my way in Warranwood, Melbourne use a very good therapy called Iscador.
It gets some amazing results.
You can take it in conjunction with other treatments.
Administered by the two GPS there.
Check it out mate...worth a crack. Good luck.

Nee!
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

All the best Playon - beat that filthy disease and watch the Saints win their next flag!

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

What terrible news Playon, congratulations for having the courage to share on this site.
I'm sure there is no family that hasn't been touched by this terrible disease.
Stay positive and fight the good fight.
PM me if your family needs anything, I may be able to help as others would on this site.
Prayers and best wishes.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Simon Templar1

Thoughts are with you, Playon, and with your family. You're in my prayers, brother, that you'll get on top of this