Looks like Paddy's in trouble.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Re: Looks like Paddy's in trouble.

No big loss if a Sandy player gets suspended.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
ace
Saintsational Legend

Who did Paddy wack ?

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
spert
Saintsational Legend

I think Paddy is going have to find something extra in his game if wants to get into the seniors..probably in hindsight not a good pick.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:Who did Paddy wack ?
Nic Nat

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
Nic Nat
:lol: very good

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I put this in the Hickey thread. It seems more appropriate here.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/[b]pad ... -suspended[/b]-tom-hickey-injured-while-jack-redpath-returns-from-injury/news-story/4f67ce49b6603145a7300105dbfa8dd3

Paddy gone already according to the web masters.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

I kind of like it when we have players living on the edge in regards to suspension. Back in the '04-'05 era we seemed to have a player out suspended most weeks and it gave us a certain aura and intensity. Koby's tackle was brilliant IMO and I don't mind if Paddy destroys someone in front of him in a contest. If it means we have a player have a forced rest every now and then - so be it. Someone at Sandy gets a chance to show their abilities and the suspended player gets a rest without injury.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:Paddy gone already according to the web masters.
Geez I have an issue with this...far to many tribunal board members on the internet apparently. Greene (although obviously an idiot) was going to get weeks at the conclusion of every game this year, according to 'the web'. Now I'm seeing Stevens is gone for a sling tackle (nothing in it) and Paddy for contesting a mark (any chance the North Ballarat tosser can get weeks for the soccer-esque academy award effort?). The media can STFU and throw some more focus on umpiring standards instead.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

If Koby gets weeks for his sling tackle, how do they reconcile that with the umpire only metres from the incident paying KOBY the free kick! I was sitting 2nd row AFL members near the GWS bench and had a clear view of the tackle. It looked copy book perfect on first look. When I saw Wilson just lying there afterwards I was confused as to what had happened. I thought he was just catching his breath. I haven't seen the replay of the incident as yet but gee whiz, Wilson had the ball all the way to the ground and Koby is entitled to hold onto him until he gets rid of it. Didn't look malicious at all.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:If Koby gets weeks for his sling tackle, how do they reconcile that with the umpire only metres from the incident paying KOBY the free kick! I was sitting 2nd row AFL members near the GWS bench and had a clear view of the tackle. It looked copy book perfect on first look. When I saw Wilson just lying there afterwards I was confused as to what had happened. I thought he was just catching his breath. I haven't seen the replay of the incident as yet but gee whiz, Wilson had the ball all the way to the ground and Koby is entitled to hold onto him until he gets rid of it. Didn't look malicious at all.
Saw it live and one reply...pinned arms, Wilson's head hit the turf, as sometimes happens. However, text book tackle IMO, one motion, one trajectory, looked fine. I'm not even sure Wilson was benced for the remainder of the game, was he?

Moods
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Moods wrote:If Koby gets weeks for his sling tackle, how do they reconcile that with the umpire only metres from the incident paying KOBY the free kick! I was sitting 2nd row AFL members near the GWS bench and had a clear view of the tackle. It looked copy book perfect on first look. When I saw Wilson just lying there afterwards I was confused as to what had happened. I thought he was just catching his breath. I haven't seen the replay of the incident as yet but gee whiz, Wilson had the ball all the way to the ground and Koby is entitled to hold onto him until he gets rid of it. Didn't look malicious at all.
Saw it live and one reply...pinned arms, Wilson's head hit the turf, as sometimes happens. However, text book tackle IMO, one motion, one trajectory, looked fine. I'm not even sure Wilson was benced for the remainder of the game, was he?

Wilson came off groggy and spent 20 minutes off doing a concussion test. Came back on after halftime

Moods
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:

Wilson came off groggy and spent 20 minutes off doing a concussion test. Came back on after halftime

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Paddy has no tribunal form has he? Should get a fine at the most surely.

shrodes
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:

Pinned arm. One arm had the ball. Couldn't he have just dropped the ball to protect himself? Is it the duty of the tackler to protect if the tackled has the ability to protect themselves?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
Nic Nat
Paddy might get boned.

ace
Saintsational Legend

shrodes wrote:
degruch wrote:

Pinned arm. One arm had the ball. Couldn't he have just dropped the ball to protect himself? Is it the duty of the tackler to protect if the tackled has the ability to protect themselves?
One action,
only one arm pinned the other free if Wilson releases the ball,
Wilson passes the concussion test,
the umpire only metres away adjudicates the tackle was legitimate and pays a free against Wilson for clinging to the ball (would have been incorrect disposal had he released it).
Can not be judged guilty.

Except we are St Kilda = 2 weeks reduced to 1 for a guilty plea.
The reduction is the AFL's way of BULLYING players and clubs to accept the MRP rulings.
The AFL does not like anyone bulling because they want to be seen as the biggest bully around.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

They'll both get a week

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

We should contest any penalty Koby gets on the grounds that the man closest to it awarded him a free kick for a good tackle.

How in he hell is a player supposed to Know where he stands if the umpire rewards him for an action that is only later deemed illegal.

Also, there was no real damage done. Not even a concussion as Wilson obviously passed the tests to get back later in the game.

If the AFL had any balls it would suspend both Koby and the umpire concerned for a week, but they don't. They'll just suspend Koby for what their umpires have ruled was a good tackle.

jackstevo
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:We should contest any penalty Koby gets on the grounds that the man closest to it awarded him a free kick for a good tackle.

How in he hell is a player supposed to Know where he stands if the umpire rewards him for an action that is only later deemed illegal.

Also, there was no real damage done. Not even a concussion as Wilson obviously passed the tests to get back later in the game.

If the AFL had any balls it would suspend both Koby and the umpire concerned for a week, but they don't. They'll just suspend Koby for what their umpires have ruled was a good tackle.

I don't think an umpire can be suspended for a wrong decision unless you want players to umpire next week. I think Koby will get a suspension or fine depending on the points.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:

Only one arm was pinned. The arm holding the ball wasn't pinned.

The player made a choice not to let the ball go.

I have seen the replay at least ten times.

Don't know what you were watching.
Last edited by saynta on Sun 07 May 2017 7:24pm, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:They'll both get a week

You may well be rght.

But I wouldn't suspend either one of them.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

jackstevo wrote:
bigcarl wrote:We should contest any penalty Koby gets on the grounds that the man closest to it awarded him a free kick for a good tackle.

I don't think an umpire can be suspended for a wrong decision unless you want players to umpire next week. I think Koby will get a suspension or fine depending on the points.
Wrong decision would be putting it mildly. Rewarding a player for something that gets him suspended. They don't come more wrong than that.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
degruch wrote:

You're agreeing with me, dumbarse.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
saynta wrote:
degruch wrote:

You posted and I quote "pinned arms".PLURAL.

For the record, I have reported your post. :D

degruch
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
degruch wrote:
saynta wrote:
degruch wrote:

You posted and I quote "pinned arms".PLURAL.

For the record, I have reported your post. :D
Arm's pinned...happy?

I've seen a lot of stupid crap on here in my time, but repeating what a poster has already posted and claiming a point of difference takes the cake. Dumbarse.

<waning for mocking>