Jiggster & White Winmar

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

loris
Saintsational Legend

Jiggster & White Winmar

I'm so, so pleased you two are now singing from the same song sheet :P All is right with my world if you are in harmony :wink:

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jiggster & White Winmar

loris wrote:I'm so, so pleased you two are now singing from the same song sheet :P All is right with my world if you are in harmony :wink:

Thanks, Loris. Conceded to the Jiggster a few days ago. I watched him go off live at the stadium last night. Good on him. Should be in our new and improved cheer squad. They were good too. I put my early call about a lack of improvement down to the impetuosity of youth :wink:

What about an animal enclosure at Etihad? It would sell out every game. I just hope a few follow the jiggster's example and go off like a frog in a sock against Carlscum next week. I hate those guys! :D :D :D

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Griggsy
SS Life Member

Look who is gettin jiggy with it (found on big footy)

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Hey Loris! Anyone who knows me, knows that I love this club, we are ALL in this together! We may not always agree on the details but ultimately we bleed the same colour blood for the cause. WW and I are Sainters! In the end THATS what matters! The thing that unites us! I never, EVER want any of my pals on saintsational to ever feel that I can't " agree to disagree " at times, but I'm ALWAYS happy to shake hands and let anyone shout the Jiggster a beer! :wink: :lol: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:... but I'm ALWAYS happy to shake hands and let anyone shout the Jiggster a beer! :wink: :lol: :lol:
That manoeuvre is known as "the Eastern"!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
loris
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:... but I'm ALWAYS happy to shake hands and let anyone shout the Jiggster a beer! :wink: :lol: :lol:
That manoeuvre is known as "the Eastern"!
Yes satchmo, I too had silent, rememberance smile to myself at Jiggster taking the mantle to shout a beer. Eastern (dearest Tom) is up there passing on the 'long pockets shout' onto The Jiggster. Beautiful, memory satchmo 'the Eastern' shout will be long and loving remembered by so many.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Ahhhhh dear, dear Tommy Grogan! I was often the butt of his humour, but man, WHAT I would pay for just ten minutes in his company again! Now THAT'S what I love about this club! We are FAMILY!

loris
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Ahhhhh dear, dear Tommy Grogan! I was often the butt of his humour, but man, WHAT I would pay for just ten minutes in his company again! Now THAT'S what I love about this club! We are FAMILY!
Yes Tom 'our adopted Saint cousin from the East' , was over in Perth one year for a Driving Instructor's conference. We (my brother Roger, A friend of Tom's) picked him up at his hotel. I was a bit intimidated being the designated driver, with a driving instructor seated beside me. However it became easy as their love of the amber fluid soon extinguished any driving errors I may have made.

Eastern wanted to see Subiaco oval. I was an accompliance by driving them there. Somehow Roger found an entrance that was open. Together, they vaulted - well sought of rolled over - the boundary fence and walked to the centre of the oval. Shortly over the PA Sytem came a very authorative voice saying, ' Leave The Playing Arena Immediately'. I looked around and standing behind me were 2 not so friendly security guards. Off came the two offenders, giggling like little schoolboys. The guards seemed to hold me responsible, telling me to get them out of the stadium. :evil:

That wasn't the end of the experience, Eastern wanted to go to Fremantlle to see where Freo trained. So compliant, Loris drove them there.
After an uneventful trip to the Freo Oval ( for which this atheist thanked God) it was supposed to be an a nice stroll down Freo's cappuccino strip. Well a couple of warring indigenous groups of lads decided to have a fight in the main strip. Tom & Roger thought they could help quell the upheaval. Most people in the streets were averting their eyes to this brawl, but these two brave (foolish IMO) Sainters decided to bring peace between the mobs. All I could hear were names of Nicky Winmmar, Gilbert McAdam, the Krakours, Polly Farmer being mentioned by our intervening galant Sainters. Suddenly handshakes, backslaps were happening all round.everyone seemed to be boosum buddies. Phew!
I drove Eastern & Roger back to Eastern's hotel, poured them into the front entrance. What they got up to after that I didn't ask. On the drive home all I could think of was......... will ever grown men stop being little boys?

Each time I met Eastern at the footy when I was at Etihad, he complimented me on my driving skills that day..... he qualified it cheekily with ......... for a woman! Great bloke was Eastern.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Sums up dear Tom, so well!

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Dave and Loris . I too remember Tom fondly, especially his recounting of the lost opportunity to collide with D.Jarman before the 97 GF.

And I too have mastered the art of the Eastern maneouvre!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

Saw you to Jiggster when I watched the last quarter and a half. Helped revive a bit of my passion.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Was that a shot of Jiggster on the TV scoreboard at Docklands on Friday night, during the final quarter rejoicing and throwing high fives with fellow Sainters around him?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

SURE was Sainternist! What a GREAT atmosphere the (new invigorated) Cheer Squad are generating in the "Goal Zone" area! MAN! that was exciting! and the crowd were BRILLIANT!

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:SURE was Sainternist! What a GREAT atmosphere the (new invigorated) Cheer Squad are generating in the "Goal Zone" area! MAN! that was exciting! and the crowd were BRILLIANT!
Good to hear the cheer squad are creating some exciting atmos. It also got very loud in the final quarter around Aisle 35 on Level 1.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Great stuff watching everyone get jiggy with the jiggster! Will look out for you next time I come down for a game and share a high five!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

That bloke dancing in the aisles the Ch 7 camera keep showing.
Is that the jiggster?

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Sho is! :lol: :lol: :lol:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:That bloke dancing in the aisles the Ch 7 camera keep showing.
Is that the jiggster?
and made it to a AFL 360 highlight of the week

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Legend!

Austinnn
Club Player

Hey all, i don't come round these parts anymore, but just wanted to drop by and doff my cap to the Jiggling Saint, who i recognised on TV at the Giants game. Always a great positive influence and a beloved institution at St Kilda, I always love seeing a few veteran fans get their closeups, especially when they're as devilishly handsome as the Jiggster!

The cheersquad of 2017 are bloody exciting and if i were in Australia i'd be going to those games and trying to siphon off some of that positive energy. There ain't no better place to be than St Kilda when the team is rocking.

To the cheer squad and particularly to the Scouse wizard Jigging away in the crowd i say a big Thank You for your​ energy, passion and stamina. You are as important to the club as Bains and Finnis in my eyes.

EDIT: tried to send a PM but access denied, so here is what is trendily called these days an Open Letter:

Dearest Jigging Saint,

You are the closest person i know to a celebrity, and although ive never met you, we have communicated on this forum once or twice which is enough to claim you as a friend!

I just dropped by to say thank you personally for all your efforts in the crowd at Saints games- like on this forum, forever positive and passionate. I love seeing you get your face on the TV and especially since it's always a smiling face. You do our club and yourself a huge service and we need a lot more supporters like you.

I also love your little pork pie hat: are you a ska fan or a butcher? ,;-)

Seriously mate, I love your work; keep on keeping on and thank you! I don't come to SS anymore (a bigfooty man these days) so i wont see any replies but don't think that I'm blocking you!

Respectfully yours
austinnn
Last edited by Austinnn on Tue 09 May 2017 10:50pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:Hey all, i don't come round these parts anymore, but just wanted to drop by and doff my cap to the Jiggling Saint, who i recognised on TV at the Giants game. Always a great positive influence and a beloved institution at St Kilda, I always love seeing a few veteran fans get their closeups, especially when they're as devilishly handsome as the Jiggster!

The cheersquad of 2017 are bloody exciting and if i were in Australia i'd be going to those games and trying to siphon off some of that positive energy. There ain't no better place to be than St Kilda when the team is rocking.

To the cheer squad and particularly to the Scouse wizard Jigging away in the crowd i say a big Thank You for your​ energy, passion and stamina. You are as important to the club as Bains and Finnis in my eyes.
You are sorely missed!

How is Macron going to go?

Austinnn
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Austinnn wrote:Hey all, i don't come round these parts anymore, but just wanted to drop by and doff my cap to the Jiggling Saint, who i recognised on TV at the Giants game. Always a great positive influence and a beloved institution at St Kilda, I always love seeing a few veteran fans get their closeups, especially when they're as devilishly handsome as the Jiggster!

You are sorely missed!

You too mate! One of a few SS posters i really miss over on BigFooty.

Not to deviate too much from the spirit of the thread but Macron is the hardarse France probably needs right now, and a whole lot better than the ignorant alternative. We'll see. Will be plenty of strikes, that's for sure, but hey it's France so we'll still be able to buy baguettes etc! Life's good!

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

You are sorely missed!

You too mate! One of a few SS posters i really miss over on BigFooty.

Not to deviate too much from the spirit of the thread but Macron is the hardarse France probably needs right now, and a whole lot better than the ignorant alternative. We'll see. Will be plenty of strikes, that's for sure, but hey it's France so we'll still be able to buy baguettes etc! Life's good!
Baguettes
Strikes
Red Wine
Public Transport
Arguing
Dogs
Hairy women

I really should be French. All the things I love in life.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Good to see you back Froggie!

So we have a Frog (Austinn) and a Pom (Jigster) as mates. There you go, he creates peace as well as a Saints icon!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:D Entente cordiale! :D