A great night for the Club

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markp
Saintsational Legend

A great night for the Club

On tv last night was a prime time 3 hour advertisement for the St Kilda FC, where we're at, what we're about, and where we're headed. Club and players delivered beautifully, commentators were pumping us up and gushing, fans were visibly delighting.

We have a handful of genuine champions developing, some shrewd trades now looking phenomenal, salary cap room for a Roll Royce, oh and a freaking top 1-3 draft pick looking like a lock.

A giant is awakening.

10/10 St Kilda FC

CarlD
Club Player

Re: A great night for the Club

markp wrote: fans were visibly delighting.
The Jiggster was bouncing around the aisles - got more air time than the players! :D

loris
Saintsational Legend

The only disappointing thing about last night was the crowd numbers. Where were all you Melbourne/ Suburban St Kilda Members?

On this site I read continual moans & whinges about the death time slot on a Sunday arvo the Saints play, so you can't be bothered to turn up for a multitude of limp reasons.

You are given the prime time Friday night spot, and still it's a poor effort by many members not to go to the game and fly the flag for the Saints.

I bet members of Saintbrat's Ballarat group were at the game, ditto for the Gippsland and Albury Wodonga groups that always make the effort to attend. And they are only a few of the country Vic groups I know of.
But where or where were the rest of the so called passionate supporters of the Saints, that live in the 'burbs? Nah the can't make the effort - very poor form.

Let's hope you turn up next week and don't have Carlton supporters outnumbering you.

Isn't our blueskying Jiggster just the greatest? Now he is what I call one hellofa passionate Sainter. Last night was the first time my sister saw him on telly - Jiggster, you reduced her to tears, she was so emotional, 'seeing that old codger, whipping up the Saints fans'. I agree with her you were a sight to behold you lovely man - love you and your unbrideled passion for the Saints.

Sorry to the members/supporters who did turn up for my rant, you were bl@@dy fantastic , we heard you loud and clear in WA, all through the match.

St Lenny
Club Player

Agree with you Loris, frustrates me no end.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Too many softcock supporters. Great weather, first night game of the year, big win previous week, interstate last week
and still bugger all turned up.

Soft

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
#gosaintas
Club Player

Was there and kudos to the cheer squad. They were awesome. As for the others, you're soft.

Proph3t of egan
Club Player

Was at the game and the crowd was disappointing, but on the replay, the noise was huge, great effort by everyone who made it

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

We'd better turn up next week. I'll be taking names at the gate. You know who you are! Don't let Carlscum outnumber us.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

markp wrote:On tv last night was a prime time 3 hour advertisement for the St Kilda FC, where we're at, what we're about, and where we're headed. Club and players delivered beautifully, commentators were pumping us up and gushing, fans were visibly delighting.

We have a handful of genuine champions developing, some shrewd trades now looking phenomenal, salary cap room for a Roll Royce, oh and a freaking top 1-3 draft pick looking like a lock.

A giant is awakening.

10/10 St Kilda FC
And returning to a $30 million facility at Moorabbin... loving the club at the moment. Just methodically ticking the boxes...

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Why are people complaining about the crowd?

The biggest crowd by a factor of 50% that the Giants have ever had on a Friday. A few hundred short of their Prelim final crowd last year.

The Saints played great footy in front of a big TV audience. Neutrals will be wanting to see us play.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I doubt there were even 1,000 GWS supporters there.

Maybe as low as 500. Most of them were behind the goals. Hardly made a sound.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:The only disappointing thing about last night was the crowd numbers. Where were all you Melbourne/ Suburban St Kilda Members?

On this site I read continual moans & whinges about the death time slot on a Sunday arvo the Saints play, so you can't be bothered to turn up for a multitude of limp reasons.

You are given the prime time Friday night spot, and still it's a poor effort by many members not to go to the game and fly the flag for the Saints.

I bet members of Saintbrat's Ballarat group were at the game, ditto for the Gippsland and Albury Wodonga groups that always make the effort to attend. And they are only a few of the country Vic groups I know o
But where or where were the rest of the so called passionate supporters of the Saints, that live in the 'burbs? Nah the can't make the effort - very poor form.
Let's hope you turn up next week and don't have Carlton supporters outnumbering you.

Isn't our blueskying Jiggster just the greatest? Now he is what I call one hellofa passionate Sainter. Last night was the first time my sister saw him on telly - Jiggster, you reduced her to tears, she was so emotional, 'seeing that old codger, whipping up the Saints fans'. I agree with her you were a sight to behold you lovely man - love you and your unbrideled passion for the Saints.

Sorry to the members/supporters who did turn up for my rant, you were bl@@dy fantastic , we heard you loud and clear in WA, all through the match.
So very true Loris.

A week or so ago a poster on here rubbished the AFL for scheduling a friday night game in Canberra between the GWS and the doggies. 14,000
fans turned up.

A week later a city with more than 10 times the population of our non AFL supporting national capital city, could only manage a lousy 7,000 more fans.

Hang your heads in shame Melbournians. :oops:

markp
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:The only disappointing thing about last night was the crowd numbers. Where were all you Melbourne/ Suburban St Kilda Members?

I bet members of Saintbrat's Ballarat group were at the game, ditto for the Gippsland and Albury Wodonga groups that always make the effort to attend. And they are only a few of the country Vic groups I know of.

Fair point, Loris, but I think that's a major part of why it was such a big night and result for the Club.

markp
Saintsational Legend

CarlD wrote:
The Jiggster was bouncing around the aisles - got more air time than the players! :D
I think he needs a manager/agent... was taking calls (perhaps from a potential sponsor) as the final siren sounded!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Loris, thank you SO much for those so kind words. Much appreciated dearie! xx I came to this marvellous code late in my life, but once I was smitten, by gum I was smitten for LIFE! I absolutely love this club! I love its supporters, I love it's ability to dream the impossible dream! It's ME who should be thanking St Kilda footy club, for giving me SO much fun and excitement in an old codgers life! Go Saints! ( and to hell with the rest!)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
St Loxton
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:Loris, thank you SO much for those so kind words. Much appreciated dearie! xx I came to this marvellous code late in my life, but once I was smitten, by gum I was smitten for LIFE! I absolutely love this club! I love its supporters, I love it's ability to dream the impossible dream! It's ME who should be thanking St Kilda footy club, for giving me SO much fun and excitement in an old codgers life! Go Saints! ( and to hell with the rest!)
Love ya work mate. How i want to be!!!

loris
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Loris, thank you SO much for those so kind words. Much appreciated dearie! xx I came to this marvellous code late in my life, but once I was smitten, by gum I was smitten for LIFE! I absolutely love this club! I love its supporters, I love it's ability to dream the impossible dream! It's ME who should be thanking St Kilda footy club, for giving me SO much fun and excitement in an old codgers life! Go Saints! ( and to hell with the rest!)

Jiggster, you'll appreciate this ....... my sister tearing up and proud of you - 'that old codger whipping up the Saints fan'. My sister will be turning 78 in a couple of weeks time - and the termertity of her calling you an 'old codger', it just tickled my fancy at the time !!!!! . :P :P :P

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:lol: I'm not TOO far behind her, dearie! I turned 72 last weekend! God how I love this club!

loris
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote::lol: I'm not TOO far behind her, dearie! I turned 72 last weekend! God how I love this club!

You are just a 'spring chicken' Jiggster, I have a few months up on you. I turn 73 this July!!!

Happy Birthday for last weekend. From what I saw on telly on Friday, you look in pretty good shape. Jarryn Geary should be scared, with your determination and belief in giving your all for the Saints, he might have to sit on the pine for awhile as you lead the onslaught of fearless passion for our team.......... but please Jiggster, please let Gears come off the bench for a few minutes I want to see him land another team inspiring tackle on the likes of Patton.

I think Jiggster, you have experienced, tackling and overcoming the big mountains are what inspires the followers in life. Have you noticed, they are jumping on your bandwagon? Well done :P

Hey I love this Club too, 'you Pommie come lately'.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Dear girl! One day when we have the time, and a beer or ten, I'll tell you the REAL story of how this "pommie come lately" became a Saint. Trust me, it's a good yarn! I sometimes have the distinct feeling that all the events in my life have led me to the Saints! (Gawd elp me!)

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Good OP.
11 losses in our last 11 Friday night games is horrendous marketing and horrendous for our brand.
Good to finally win one.

starsign
Club Player

CarlD wrote:
Spot on ! I had him in my best players Gave him votes the bloody champ!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
CarlD wrote:
I think he needs a manager/agent... was taking calls (perhaps from a potential sponsor) as the final siren sounded!
I reckon the Jigster should be hired by our club to do some promo work. He is our version of Joffa but unlike Joffa he has his teeth, has a brain, and supports the right team!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
Most groups who take buses are struggling
Friday nights are killers- particularly for those from further a field

our numbers traveling are barely keeping us viable as a group.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107