Ch 7 commentators ! ! ! !

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

poatina
Club Player

Re: Ch 7 commentators ! ! ! !

Too true WW. In fact even with Dylan Thomas and ( in his prime) Bob Hawke helping you'd be gone well before the final siren!

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Channel 7 has sunk lower than sharks' droppings.

Not only do they have a team of former-AFL media pundits who simply don't have the intellectual capacity for sportscasting, but they have too many of them. I liked it better when there were three in the commentary box calling the game and one person doing the boundary riding. It's a bloody shambles now.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Like the women being slowly added to the teams though. breath of fresh air. None of them are up themselves, which makes a nice change.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I was at the game, so didn't get to see the replay until satdee. My impression was that they were like ship without a rudder in the absence of Dennis Commetti and Lethal. Bruce McAveny, bless him, was embarrassing getting players names wrong, and really should be concentrating on his health. Taylor? Well, he's not my cup of tea as a commentator, gets WAY too dramatic! Lingy isn't bad, and I enjoy his comments. Carey? Well, I can't say he bothers me too much, another Brereton? Darcy gives me a pain in the anal orifice, can't stand the bloke. I suppose we just have to put up with them I guess?

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:I was at the game, so didn't get to see the replay until satdee. My impression was that they were like ship without a rudder in the absence of Dennis Commetti and Lethal. Bruce McAveny, bless him, was embarrassing getting players names wrong, and really should be concentrating on his health. Taylor? Well, he's not my cup of tea as a commentator, gets WAY too dramatic! Lingy isn't bad, and I enjoy his comments. Carey? Well, I can't say he bothers me too much, another Brereton? Darcy gives me a pain in the anal orifice, can't stand the bloke. I suppose we just have to put up with them I guess?
Well, considering you rarely have anything bad to say about anyone, there must be something very wrong with Channel 7 these days.

The producers there have a lot to answer to, for mine. They are really the ones who are the rudders of the ship and they seem to be directing the ship into the Dead Sea. I heard Dennis Cometti for part of the game against WCE on the radio and he sounded liberated without the Channel 7 anchor holding him down. The Channel 7 format simply drag him down to their level and he became boring and jaded in his last few yers there.

Channel 7 not only needs real sportcasters, it needs to go back to the old format of three commentators calling the game (two main callers and one special comments). Otherwise, it is simply a case of two many cooks spoiling the broth.

I can't stand Brian Taylor. He is an abomination to the art of sportscasting. He just shouts and bellows away like a blithering idiot. Everything from that man's mouth sounds contrived and ham-fisted. How he got to where he is as a sportscaster is an indictment of our current standards.

SOMETHING HAS GOT TO GIVE.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Bruce is annoying with how he finishes a sentence with a question.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

yes, I feel the same way.....?

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Bruce is annoying with how he finishes a sentence with a question.
Isn't he just, don't you think?

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!