Koby Stevens tackle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Koby Stevens tackle

thejiggingsaint wrote:Great tackle! Cops a week? Well, let's move on and get ready for Carlscum without Koby. No sense in wasting energy and time on it. The boy will cop his whack, and come back for the Swans game.

It helped win us the game.

If you have all your players going in hard, you are going to lose a few to suspension from time to time.

This will win us more games compared to playing in an overly cautious style.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I heard Stevie Johnson talking about the Greene suspension, and his thoughts were that Greene playing the way he does gives the Giants an edge that will win way more games than get him suspensions. A reasonable price to pay in the scheme of things.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
ace
Saintsational Legend

As expected the AFL MRP panel chose to make an example of St Kilda by selecting Koby Stevens to be punished while letting the same offence committed with worse outcomes by the AFL's favourite teams to go unpunished.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

thejiggingsaint wrote:I heard Stevie Johnson talking about the Greene suspension, and his thoughts were that Greene playing the way he does gives the Giants an edge that will win way more games than get him suspensions. A reasonable price to pay in the scheme of things.
+1
If our lads tackle like men possessed, our opponents will be rushed and panic, no time to think.
Richo wants us to be the pressure kings.

In Tassy, one commentator said we outnumbered Hawks at every contest and just swarmed.
You could see the Hawks crumble.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
repta
Club Player

AFL take note.

Tackling is ok, as long as you dont injure a player, then it is not ok

IT is a joke, to get a free kick but also get suspended ...... and people are whinging about consistency.

How can the umpires do their job, the rules of the day say one thing (eg holding the ball) and the ones on Monday say something different (unduly rough). Trial by media

I was sitting 10 rows away from this tackle. Split second, grab the player, stop him from releasing the ball. Good tackle. Unfortunately in the fall the player hits his head ....

What would have happened if it was Stevens that was knocked out? Would the player getting tackled get a week???

Touch Footy anyone???????

On Stevens, he is the recruit of the year for the Saints.

repta
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:I heard Stevie Johnson talking about the Greene suspension, and his thoughts were that Greene playing the way he does gives the Giants an edge that will win way more games than get him suspensions. A reasonable price to pay in the scheme of things.
+1
If our lads tackle like men possessed, our opponents will be rushed and panic, no time to think.
Richo wants us to be the pressure kings.

In Tassy, one commentator said we outnumbered Hawks at every contest and just swarmed.
You could see the Hawks crumble.
The Giants cumbled under the saints pressure as well. By the last quarter they Giants were jumping at shadows.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

This is where some hindsight applied by the AFL would have been the most logical decision. Toby Greene should have been suspended for 4 weeks.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!