Jack Sinclair

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

poatina
Club Player

Jack Sinclair

Just an observation from someone who was at the game on Saturday and later watched the replay ( tragic I know but they are actually different experiences and views) . I thought Jack Sinclair did very well as a link up player - good disposal , in the right spots and keeps his head. Surprised there have been no other comments .

longtimesaint
Club Player

Re: Jack Sinclair

I have always been a fan -I hope he can keep his place in the team.

One year will be our year
Rocket
Club Player

Agree 100%. Played well, hit targets with quality disposal. Has a chance now secure his position on the wing.

Remembering our best onballer - J.Steven spent his first 2 years playing as a small forward.

Saint wagga
Club Player

Must consistently aim for 20 posi's a game this year, more would be a bonus. I hope he can blossom into a good afl player because it would be another draft steal!!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

He's a bit small but has plenty of the attributes needed to make the grade. Good skills, quick and a good footy brain. I think he can become an A-grader in the mould of a Joey

spert
Saintsational Legend

Should have always been played in a team that has been crying out for skills by hand and foot- smart thinker, and doesn't need a lot of the ball to do a good job.

Saint wagga
Club Player

spert wrote:Should have always been played in a team that has been crying out for skills by hand and foot- smart thinker, and doesn't need a lot of the ball to do a good job.
I disagree, if he is to develop into a quality afl player he's going to have to average more than 20 posi's a game if he plays wing

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Saint wagga wrote:
spert wrote:Should have always been played in a team that has been crying out for skills by hand and foot- smart thinker, and doesn't need a lot of the ball to do a good job.
I disagree, if he is to develop into a quality afl player he's going to have to average more than 20 posi's a game if he plays wing

Give him time and he will

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

I agree with you poatina I think our midfield looks better with Sinclair playing.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

poatina wrote:Just an observation from someone who was at the game on Saturday and later watched the replay ( tragic I know but they are actually different experiences and views) . I thought Jack Sinclair did very well as a link up player - good disposal , in the right spots and keeps his head. Surprised there have been no other comments .
poatina eh?

When I worked for the Commonwealth Bank on the quadrant, I asked for a transfer back to Melbourne.

The pricks threatened that they would transfer me to Poatini.

I quit the bank. :evil:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

He has a skill set that we're lacking in

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Certainly looking better for longer now he has a tank

Nee!
stkfc1
Club Player

skeptic wrote:He has a skill set that we're lacking in
Thought he was fantastic. Looks so composed, you can see him thinking his way through the game and one of our few players that you dont put your hand over your eyes when he kicks it. We have had a problem transitioning the ball from our midfleld to our forward line and Sincs and Billings are the answer. Hope he keeps it going as he's exactly what we need for team balance.

To the top
SS Life Member

It is excellent when these guys can perform to a level which keeps pressure on.

Plus they are ensuring that they maintain their positions on the List.

But, as the "second string", they need to maintain performance and contribution each and every week.

Currently we have Armitage, Freeman and Dunstan on the sidelines - plus stories of our FA "activity" and the high end Draft picks we have at season's end.

So the pressure will continue to mount.

This can only be to the benefit of St Kilda and one of the reasons for the optimism we have for this side.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Agree Sinclair was good on Saturday.

We've been needing a classy 'outside' link-up type of player, and Sinclair filled that role quite well.

We've got plenty of in-and-under types...Steel, Dunstan, Stevens, Armitage...possibly Newnes

Jack Steven is good on the outside and Acres is a 'break-away' type.

Joey can play a link-up role, Savage and McKenzie tend to most of their work from the backline, and Roberton is another 'break-away' type from the backline.

Hope Sinclair can keep up the good work, keep up the smart and good dispoal and get his 20-odd possessions each week.

Fingers crossed, he can fill a valuable role is he repeats his performance against the Hawks.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

He played well inside and out. I guess it was one of those games where the opposition were rabble for at least a half so we need to judge Sincs and Koby over about 6 games imo.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:He played well inside and out. I guess it was one of those games where the opposition were rabble for at least a half so we need to judge Sincs and Koby over about 6 games imo.
Jack, just a good ordinary player, will never be anything more than an honest role player, but that's ok, every team needs them!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
supersaints
Club Player

Saint wagga wrote:Must consistently aim for 20 posi's a game this year, more would be a bonus. I hope he can blossom into a good afl player because it would be another draft steal!!
Not so sure the posi's number is as important as most make out ... it's about quality first , give me 19 superb possessions that 26 average ones... I was at the game too , he is quite classy, I like what I saw is .. he should be able to grow into the team on that effort

There was a lot to like about him, the increase in possies come with experience just like Jack, Seb, etc etc

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

If players like him, Lonie or Minchington can progress to solid B graders we will go a long way to making up SOME of the ground we will lose when Riewoldt and Montagna turn it up.All we will need then is for Billings, Acres and McCartin to progress to A grade and we will be ready to lure a free agent or two and launch a serious challenge.

To the top
SS Life Member

Off subject but related

One of the other players we rely on to put pressure on is McKenzie but he was absent from the Sandringham side last weekend and is not listed on the injury list

Did he do a "Holmes" and play for the Development side having travelled to Tasmania?

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Looks a few levels above where he was last year. Will be an important in mid rotation as a Dal-Santo type more so than Gresh at this point, who is shaping up to be a dangerous forward rather than a ball winning mid.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Obviously Richo was trying to teach him the importance of running both ways, exactly like he did with Acres.

IMHO Sinclair should be given every opportunity to prove himself at this level, he has the skills, poise and vision to be a very good midfielder for our club.

Winmar
Club Player

I've always liked the way he moves, and he has very good goal sense. If he could extend those by being able to run through the midfield he could make himself quite valuable to the squad.

St Loxton
Club Player

stonecold wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:He played well inside and out. I guess it was one of those games where the opposition were rabble for at least a half so we need to judge Sincs and Koby over about 6 games imo.
Jack, just a good ordinary player, will never be anything more than an honest role player, but that's ok, every team needs them!!!!!
I think he will be better than a GOP, reckon he has huge potential, may not ever be A grade (I hope he does).
But if he gets 50 games for us will become a solid B grade mid/fwd. Smart kid Jack.

George27
Club Player

To the top wrote:Off subject but related

One of the other players we rely on to put pressure on is McKenzie but he was absent from the Sandringham side last weekend and is not listed on the injury list

Did he do a "Holmes" and play for the Development side having travelled to Tasmania?

DMac is not listed on the VFL website as having played for either Sandy team, so no idea what is going on there. Maybe had a dose of flu.