Jack Sinclair

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jack Sinclair

Jack Sinclair --180cm, can kick 50 metres, can bump, stands up.
Jack Lonie - 174cm, can't kick 40 metres, can't bump, falls over.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Good footballer

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

George27 wrote:
To the top wrote:Off subject but related

One of the other players we rely on to put pressure on is McKenzie but he was absent from the Sandringham side last weekend and is not listed on the injury list

Did he do a "Holmes" and play for the Development side having travelled to Tasmania?

DMac is not listed on the VFL website as having played for either Sandy team, so no idea what is going on there. Maybe had a dose of flu.
DMac traveled to Tassie as the emergency (saw him in the rooms with the rest of the players listening to Richo's address) but it doesn't look like he played on the Sunday.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Over lunch today I watched a replay of the second half and in particular I watched it to watch Sinclair.

For how long and how many games have we been cursing when we will control of the ball, only to see a poor kick or handball undo all the previous hard work?

Well with watching Sinclair there were no groans, just delight.

His ball use was stunning by hand and foot. He kept selecting the right option, the damaging option including a few times when he had to hold the ball a little till the moment was just right and the delivered the ball with aplomb.

A few times when all options were covered and so he had to dispose of the ball to a contested St Kilda player, but each time he did he delivered the ball so that his team mate had an advantage.

Very smart decision making and pure silk ball use , and I am actually struggling to remember when I have seen better ball use by a StKilda player. It has been a while.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Thu 04 May 2017 11:54am, edited 3 times in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
George27
Club Player

Jacks Back wrote:
George27 wrote:
To the top wrote:Off subject but related

One of the other players we rely on to put pressure on is McKenzie but he was absent from the Sandringham side last weekend and is not listed on the injury list

Did he do a "Holmes" and play for the Development side having travelled to Tasmania?

DMac is not listed on the VFL website as having played for either Sandy team, so no idea what is going on there. Maybe had a dose of flu.
DMac traveled to Tassie as the emergency (saw him in the rooms with the rest of the players listening to Richo's address) but it doesn't look like he played on the Sunday.

Thanks, Jacks Back !

StPeter
Club Player

I have been shouting for inclusion since last year.

He is a highly skilled player that needs to be persisted with.

His game on the weekend didn't surprise me. Exactly what I expected.

We lack players of his skill in disposing the ball and must be played!

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Very highly rated in his draft. It was a real surprise when he was initially overlooked. Had to choose between cricket and footy and in the end, I'm glad we got him. Some at his school rated him on a par with his mate, JB. Class act with a lot of improvement and development left in him. Exciting.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Proph3t of egan
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:Over lunch today I watched a replay of the second half and in particular I watched it to watch Sinclair.

For how long and how many games have we been cursing when we will control of the ball, only to see a poor kick or handball undo all the previous hard work?

His ball use was stunning by hand and foot. He kept selecting the right option, the damaging option including a few times when he had to hold the ball a little till the moment was just right and the delivered the ball with aplomb.

A few times when all options were covered and so he had to dispose of the ball to a contested St Kilda player, but each time he did delivered the ball so that his team mate had an advantage.

Very smart decision making and pure silk ball use , and I am actually struggling to remember when I have seen better ball use by a StKilda player. It has been a while.
His poise under pressure seems to be extraordinary. When I watch him, he never seems to be rushing, and is always looking for the best option. It's a shame that it has taken Dunstan being dropped for him to come in, he's part of our future midfield brigade

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

He's exactly the type of outside player we have been crying out for.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
#gosaintas
Club Player

stonecold wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:He played well inside and out. I guess it was one of those games where the opposition were rabble for at least a half so we need to judge Sincs and Koby over about 6 games imo.
Jack, just a good ordinary player, will never be anything more than an honest role player, but that's ok, every team needs them!!!!!

Surprisingly you are wrong again.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Saint wagga wrote:Must consistently aim for 20 posi's a game this year, more would be a bonus. I hope he can blossom into a good afl player because it would be another draft steal!!
First he's got to get a regular shot at it. Seriously - how this kid is not a seriously better bet in our midfield than Dunstan is beyond me. Our midfield against the Dawks was as well balanced as we've been in a very long time. Armo/Ross/Dunstan all bump into each other on the inside - was refreshing to have Seb & Steele play inside and Sinclair and Steven on the outside. I just Richo doesn't drop Sinclair for Dunstan (who's one paced, not an accumulator, doesn't kick goals and seems to lack a tank)

Go you red, black & white warriors
carn_sainter
Club Player

stonecold wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:He played well inside and out. I guess it was one of those games where the opposition were rabble for at least a half so we need to judge Sincs and Koby over about 6 games imo.
Jack, just a good ordinary player, will never be anything more than an honest role player, but that's ok, every team needs them!!!!!
I disagree.

I think he has a very high ceiling.

He is a natural footballer. Very nousy. Skilled, poised. As much poise as anyone in the team, probably. Guys like Montagna, Ross, Roberton, Carlisle, Gresham. He's right up there.

I think he has a very high ceiling. Could be a very damaging link man or a very damaging forward. Could even become the closest thing we've had to Aussie Jones 2004-2005. Forward of the ball I think he can become a pseudo-Nathan Brown of the dogs and tigers. Might need only 14-15 touches to be seriously damaging.

I hope he keeps getting games!

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:He's exactly the type of outside player we have been crying out for.
EXACTLY. He's got footy smarts, makes excellent decisions and has good disposal (81% last weekend). And - bizarrely for a St K midfielder - runs forward and kicks goals. Him and Minch (as small forwards who can run in the midfield) give our team a dynamism that we've not had in a very long time

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Proph3t of egan wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Over lunch today I watched a replay of the second half and in particular I watched it to watch Sinclair.

A few times when all options were covered and so he had to dispose of the ball to a contested St Kilda player, but each time he did delivered the ball so that his team mate had an advantage.

His poise under pressure seems to be extraordinary. When I watch him, he never seems to be rushing, and is always looking for the best option. It's a shame that it has taken Dunstan being dropped for him to come in, he's part of our future midfield brigade
Much better bet than Dunstan (whom sadly, I think has reached his ceiling - he's a heavy kid who's not a great runner and doesn't kick goals ... not a great recipe for a modern mid

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

StPeter wrote:I have been shouting for inclusion since last year.

He is a highly skilled player that needs to be persisted with.

His game on the weekend didn't surprise me. Exactly what I expected.

We lack players of his skill in disposing the ball and must be played!
+1. And he's played a whole year at Sandy refining his craft as a genuine mid (i.e. not playing small forward). He's got a lot of upside. A lot.

stonecold
SS Life Member

#gosaintas wrote:
stonecold wrote:

Based on what????? One half decent showing against Brown and Gold Witches Hats?????

Read it again, or would you like a picture to help you understand?????

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Proph3t of egan wrote:

Has 35 on his back. Plays a little like banger

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:
stonecold wrote:

Based on what????? One half decent showing against Brown and Gold Witches Hats?????

Read it again, or would you like a picture to help you understand?????
Well in my case it is based on a lot more than watching Sincs against the Hawks.

He has always looked good with the ball. Always. Questions were 1/ on his game when he did not have the ball and 2/ winning the ball more often as he sometimes went missing for a while.

In his Sandi games he has really stepped up Re points 1/ and 2/.

Question is now whether he can continue this against other AFL clubs.

"will never be anything more than an honest role player" may well be under. This game against the Hawks was certainly above GOP level. But yes he needs to deliver quality on a regular basis in the seniors.

IMO he has the potential to be a good player for us, and potentially more than that.

Very good ball users have been a rare item at StkIlda and so if Sincs can step up more that increases his potential value to the team.

I mean how many times have we lost games due to the combination of poor turnovers costing goals, and goals not kicked by us due turnovers as well. The Hawks used to win many close games simply because they were better ball-users.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
stonecold
SS Life Member

Not arguing with your points above, entitled to your opinion, as am I, happy to stick with my point, happy to be proven incorrect though, let's see how he and our other boys go against a committed quality opposition this week!!!!!

And then see if Jack can play the majority of games this season!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
To the top
SS Life Member

Dunstan debuted in 2014 and has played 57 games, kicking 30 goals.

Sinclair debuted in 2015 and has played 28 games kicking 22 goals.

By comparison, Ross debuted in 2012, has played 65 games and has kicked 9 goals.

Proph3t of egan
Club Player

To the top wrote:Dunstan debuted in 2014 and has played 57 games, kicking 30 goals.

Sinclair debuted in 2015 and has played 28 games kicking 22 goals.

By comparison, Ross debuted in 2012, has played 65 games and has kicked 9 goals.
Seb Ross has possibly the least goal sense of any player in the AFL, barely ever gets them through the sticks, and you can generally tell as soon as he kicks it that he will miss

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
stkfc1
Club Player

Ok. So is there a better weighted kick in our team? This guy is going to be a gun. Bar injury,never to be out of the side again. IMOFO.

StPeter
Club Player

Another great game by Sinclair.

Should always be in the side. We don't have enough finishers with his quality of disposal and poise.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

One word - composure. Its such a valuable asset in footy and few players have it. We do a lot of that route-one bombing long to the goal square (which does seem to be working so far). But its nice to have someone who can lower their eyes and do something different. 23 possies is damn solid. He starts out of wing a fair bit but quickly pushes his way into the middle. I've always loved his neat disposal and creativity. IF he keeps playing AFL he will get better and better as he adjusts to the speed and then should be able to crack the play open regularly. He and Billings have a great chemistry that will get better the more they play.

Winmar
Club Player

I live the way he's able to calmly assess what's ahead of him and put in a nicely weighted kick. He is giving signs of being a real asset in years to come.