Dylan Roberton All Australian

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

silverhalo
Club Player

Dylan Roberton All Australian

I know it's still early days but Roberton is in career best form, he has been an absolute revelation down back and would be a certainty for All Australian if he keeps playing the way he is.

I think he's thriving on the responsibility of being in the leadership group and with the support now of Brown and Carlisle down back, it's freed him up to really take the game on and a lot of our attacks are starting with his dashing runs out of defence - he even snagged a couple of fantastic goals today. Go Robbo!!!

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: Dylan Roberton All Australian

silverhalo wrote:I know it's still early days but Roberton is in career best form, he has been an absolute revelation down back and would be a certainty for All Australian if he keeps playing the way he is.

I think he's thriving on the responsibility of being in the leadership group and with the support now of Brown and Carlisle down back, it's freed him up to really take the game on and a lot of our attacks are starting with his dashing runs out of defence - he even snagged a couple of fantastic goals today. Go Robbo!!!
bit of a show off. Second goal was on his left foot. :oops: :roll:
I'm joking. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

He's been Sainter of the Day three times this year already.
Brown and Jake has really given him that freedom, compared to last year when our back 6 was under huge pressure.

All Australian HBF for me, for sure.
Last edited by WellardSaint on Sun 30 Apr 2017 12:33am, edited 1 time in total.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

silverhalo wrote:I know it's still early days but Roberton is in career best form, he has been an absolute revelation down back and would be a certainty for All Australian if he keeps playing the way he is.

Really liked his sausage rolls.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

KB mentioned on SEN post patch that Robbo was already in the selectors' thoughts. Good sign. Best cheap recruit, ever!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Yes - was it fortuitous that Demps retired early? Let Dylan Bob step up and the times they might finally be changin. You don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows.

He'll be challenged now cos teams will put some serious work into shutting him down and a hard rains gunna fall. This is the cycle for players - get good, get work put into you by the oppo and you struggle, find a way to beat it and go to another level - rinse and repeat - if you are good enough to keep working through the challenges that is you can start knockin on heavens door. Is a running machine just like a rolling stone. Just hope when we play carlton he doesn't get tangled up in blue.

I have no more Bob Dylan references. Good day.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

He's playing to his potential at the moment and it's glorious

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Robbo' has been playing great footy for us ever since he got over that (almost career ending) ankle injury a few years back. Really stood up in a key defensive possie' late last year too. And this year, he's ramped things up another notch (or more) again.

I've just been surprised that he's had so many doubters. Hopefully those doubters have now been satisfied by what they're seeing from the great Robbo'. :)

Oh, and thank you Ro$$y. :mrgreen:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

Bluthy wrote:Yes - was it fortuitous that Demps retired early? Let Dylan Bob step up and the times they might finally be changin. You don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows.

He'll be challenged now cos teams will put some serious work into shutting him down and a hard rains gunna fall. This is the cycle for players - get good, get work put into you by the oppo and you struggle, find a way to beat it and go to another level - rinse and repeat - if you are good enough to keep working through the challenges that is you can start knockin on heavens door. Is a running machine just like a rolling stone. Just hope when we play carlton he doesn't get tangled up in blue.

I have no more Bob Dylan references. Good day.
Great work Bluthy!!

Thanks for your help yesterday too! :)

Look again it's the Flash!!
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:Robbo' has been playing great footy for us ever since he got over that (almost career ending) ankle injury a few years back. Really stood up in a key defensive possie' late last year too. And this year, he's ramped things up another notch (or more) again.

I've just been surprised that he's had so many doubters. Hopefully those doubters have now been satisfied by what they're seeing from the great Robbo'. :)

only paying us back for letting dawson go with him. smart trader that ross fellow :)

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
stevie
Saintsational Legend

My son wears number 17 this season in his under 10's - he wore 14 last year but there isn't one in the set - and he's happy to wearing Robbo's number

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Yep

He'd be in on form

And would be leading the b&f

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

My son also wears 17 in the U10s

What a coincidence

Proph3t of egan
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Yep

He'd be in on form

Actually, if the B&f is based off of doing what the coaches ask you week in, week out. I'd have Nathan brown near the top. But robbo has probably been out best player this year so far, along with Seb Ross and Nick R.

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
saintbob
SS Life Member

Proph3t of egan wrote:
BigMart wrote:Yep

He'd be in on form

Actually, if the B&f is based off of doing what the coaches ask you week in, week out. I'd have Nathan brown near the top. But robbo has probably been out best player this year so far, along with Seb Ross and Nick R.
Jack Steele wouldn't be far away either

Winmar
Club Player

He had a really good year a couple of years ago too. It was 2015, wasn't it? It's great to see him back to that form.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Let's be serious, he's playing the easiest role in the game. Running off half back and getting easy kicks behind anyone who marks the ball backward of centre. He's playing heaps better this year and playing his role well. No way AA for mine though.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

I always thought Roberton was just going to be an average AFL footballer at best... in and out of the side... etc. finishing up with one of those easily forgotten half decent careers but, he's actually become a good AFL footballer... hats off to him!!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Ross Lyon!
Cant believe we got Dylan for free.
Makes up for the loss of Tommy Lynch.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Certainly on track for AA.
The selectors seem to have an unwritten rule that you need to play two outstanding seasons to earn the spot.

I guess he's up against Yeo, Laird, Williams, Shaw, Johannisen, Lloyd, Docherty, Saad, Vince, Tuhoy & Howe.
Yeo, Robbo & Laird the standouts with Lloyd, Docherty & Howe going well but a lot of guys playing really good footy of half back right now.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

My son wears #17 in U12s ... what the?

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Not sure there's an easy position to play at all???

He is not loose, he plays on the third tall or the medium

He does run forward when we win the ball in defence, and zones when we press...

His numbers would have him AA

B&F IMO
1-D.Roberton
2-S.Ross
3-N.Brown
4-Montagna
5-Webster

Riewoldt, Steven have missed games putting them back a bit into the next group
With Membrey, Newnes, Geary, Carlisle, Acres

Who have all been good

Wombat15
Club Player

One underrated factor is the improvement of Jimmy Webster. His positioning is excellent this year and doesn't get caught out nearly as much as he used to. seems to have earnt and cemented his spot in the back 6. whereas i used to feel his spot was always up for grabs. which has flowed on to allow blokes like Carlisle and Robbo to stray away from their man and attack ball with the confidence knowing there's someone behind them to back them up which i feel we really lacked last year.
the defensive structure is excellent this year and Ive never been a fan of roberton but more performances like that Hawthorn game and surely AA 40 would be in his sights.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:Robbo' has been playing great footy for us ever since he got over that (almost career ending) ankle injury a few years back. Really stood up in a key defensive possie' late last year too. And this year, he's ramped things up another notch (or more) again.

How right you are Davey Mac!

loris
Saintsational Legend

Wombat15 wrote:One underrated factor is the improvement of Jimmy Webster. His positioning is excellent this year and doesn't get caught out nearly as much as he used to. seems to have earnt and cemented his spot in the back 6. whereas i used to feel his spot was always up for grabs. which has flowed on to allow blokes like Carlisle and Robbo to stray away from their man and attack ball with the confidence knowing there's someone behind them to back them up which i feel we really lacked last year.
the defensive structure is excellent this year and Ive never been a fan of roberton but more performances like that Hawthorn game and surely AA 40 would be in his sights.
And he kept his feet yesterday...... I cant recall him going to ground in a one on one contests, which he has always done with regularity. Coaches must have been working on him.

supersaints
Club Player

Moods wrote:Let's be serious, he's playing the easiest role in the game. Running off half back and getting easy kicks behind anyone who marks the ball backward of centre. He's playing heaps better this year and playing his role well. No way AA for mine though.
Bit tough on him, I was at the game he wasn't playing a loose man in defense, that was Websters roll . He more than manned up, he's just very, very good at reading the play at knowing when to drift off his opponent and when to press deep forward. He's likely about the best half back around on that form... we should extend his contract his improvement has been impressive

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!