Toby Greene

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Toby Greene

Will miss next week. Deserves 2 weeks for a clear blatant and hard punch to the head.
Good news for us as he always dominates against us. Loves playing us.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Toby Greene

He's a figjam and has serious issues. Will struggle in life after football finishes for him.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I'll believe he's going to get two weeks when I see it in the press. He's a star from a club that the AFL desperately wants to succeed. Remember Barry Hall in 2005...

BTW, "Western Sydney's own AFL team" won a thriller against the reigning premiers last night. What sort of coverage did it get in the Sydney press and media: stuff all.

The whole Sydney and Queensland AFL thing is basically a fantasy. GWS look certain to win a few premierships over the next decade or so, with a team full of Victorians, and the only meaning it will have is in terms of the additional money the AFL got through TV rights by dint of being a "national" competition.

And that isn't going to matter in a few years' time, once the IT boffins have finished refining their technology for internet live broadcasts onto big screen TVs. And then we can expect to see teams like GWS and the Suns, and perhaps even the Swans and Lions, slowly fade away.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I think he will go. He cowardly struck the smallest player in the league. An example must be made of him. And you heard what the umpire said, that he virtually should have gone previously.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

We'll be booing him to kingdom come if he gets off the hook.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
stevie
Saintsational Legend

watched the incident just now. He is an arrogant looking turd isn't he? I get all these GWS guys mixed up so I had no idea what he looked like

Also over this pathetic 'rivalry building' thing the media hang on on these 2 teams. what rubbish.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Greene is a gun with a bit of mongrel . I'd love a player like him.

Love even more he'll miss this week but

Bring back the Lockett era
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:watched the incident just now. He is an arrogant looking turd isn't he? I get all these GWS guys mixed up so I had no idea what he looked like

Also over this pathetic 'rivalry building' thing the media hang on on these 2 teams. what rubbish.
He's a Ben Cousins type. A big f*** You to everybody.

Winmar
Club Player

meher baba wrote: The whole Sydney and Queensland AFL thing is basically a fantasy. GWS look certain to win a few premierships over the next decade or so, with a team full of Victorians, and the only meaning it will have is in terms of the additional money the AFL got through TV rights by dint of being a "national" competition.
Sounds a bit like Melbourne Storm. Full of non-Victorians and people who aren't into the sport would hardly know who they are.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Winmar wrote:
meher baba wrote: The whole Sydney and Queensland AFL thing is basically a fantasy. GWS look certain to win a few premierships over the next decade or so, with a team full of Victorians, and the only meaning it will have is in terms of the additional money the AFL got through TV rights by dint of being a "national" competition.
Sounds a bit like Melbourne Storm. Full of non-Victorians and people who aren't into the sport would hardly know who they are.

Yes, but at least we go to watch these strangers..... :D

ace
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:I'll believe he's going to get two weeks when I see it in the press. He's a star from a club that the AFL desperately wants to succeed. Remember Barry Hall in 2005...

BTW, "Western Sydney's own AFL team" won a thriller against the reigning premiers last night. What sort of coverage did it get in the Sydney press and media: stuff all.

The whole Sydney and Queensland AFL thing is basically a fantasy. GWS look certain to win a few premierships over the next decade or so, with a team full of Victorians, and the only meaning it will have is in terms of the additional money the AFL got through TV rights by dint of being a "national" competition.

And that isn't going to matter in a few years' time, once the IT boffins have finished refining their technology for internet live broadcasts onto big screen TVs. And then we can expect to see teams like GWS and the Suns, and perhaps even the Swans and Lions, slowly fade away.
The IT people argument is irrelevant.
The AFL owns the content rights even if comes to you by osmosis.
It just means more people will have access.
And that will always be the AFL big money stream.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Winmar wrote:
Storm. I think you must be wrong.
I know of the Melbourne Demons but Melbourne Storm ?

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
George27
Club Player

Winmar wrote:
Winmar - I disagree strongly with your comments about Melbourne Storm supporters . I have been a Saints supporter for 52 years. I have also been a Rugby league supporter for just about as long. I was born in Victoria ( Mentone ) and have lived here all my life. I love my sport. In League I followed St George ( Saints ) until the Storm came along. I have been to 5 NRL grand finals. I know the Storm players - all 35 of them on the senior list( actually if you go to the Storm website you will see 33 players listed, but it is appropriate to add Brodie Croft and Scott Drinkwater, who are young but on the fringe of senior selection ) - as well as I know the Saints players. I go to most Storm home games- I am a member of both Saints and Storm.

A few weeks ago I saw Saints beat Lions, then headed straight across town to watch Storm lose to Sharks.

All the fans around me at Storm games know the game and the players very well. We are all "into the sport " in a big way. Most of us are locals - and all of us are now.

Unlike GWS, Storm has a fair dinkum academy, growing junior players, who then get pinched ( unlike GWS, Storm gets NOTHING from NRL).

Sorry to be so strong in my comments, but you clearly are ignorant in this topic, and I trust that this information is helpful in re-educating you.

Cheers

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Call a spade a spade

He is an dirty little prick and a would be smart arse to boot judgng by his response tp the maggot yesterday.

Winmar
Club Player

George27 wrote:
Winmar wrote:
Winmar - I disagree strongly with your comments about Melbourne Storm supporters . I have been a Saints supporter for 52 years. I have also been a Rugby league supporter for just about as long. I was born in Victoria ( Mentone ) and have lived here all my life. I love my sport. In League I followed St George ( Saints ) until the Storm came along. I have been to 5 NRL grand finals. I know the Storm players - all 35 of them on the senior list( actually if you go to the Storm website you will see 33 players listed, but it is appropriate to add Brodie Croft and Scott Drinkwater, who are young but on the fringe of senior selection ) - as well as I know the Saints players. I go to most Storm home games- I am a member of both Saints and Storm.

A few weeks ago I saw Saints beat Lions, then headed straight across town to watch Storm lose to Sharks.

All the fans around me at Storm games know the game and the players very well. We are all "into the sport " in a big way. Most of us are locals - and all of us are now.

Unlike GWS, Storm has a fair dinkum academy, growing junior players, who then get pinched ( unlike GWS, Storm gets NOTHING from NRL).

Sorry to be so strong in my comments, but you clearly are ignorant in this topic, and I trust that this information is helpful in re-educating you.

Cheers

Sorry George, but I've been a St George fan for 25 years or so and have been to 5 or 6 NRL grand finals. I was not talking about Storm fans like yourself, but people in Melbourne who are not NRL fans. You are clearly ignorant of this fact, and I trust that this information is helpful in re-educating you.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

George27 wrote:
Winmar wrote:

Cheers
I wouldnt know a storm player if I fell over him. Couldn't care less and couldn't name a player or any of the teams in their competition, even after living in Northern states.

And whats more I f****** hate the game.

Bunch of thick necked thugs.

Shoot me down all you like I couldn't give a rats.

Hate soccer even more.
Last edited by saynta on Sun 30 Apr 2017 12:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

Winmar
Club Player

There ya go, case in point! :)

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I'm with you about the soccer, Saynta. The beautiful game, or the boring game? I had to laugh when I came across a research project done by An expert in violence at soccer matches and hooliganism in British culture. I can't remember the author's name but it was published around 1994, when I was still a detective, so I was interested in the results as to the motivation and psychology behind individual and group violence at sporting venues.

One of the major reasons given for violence at the soccer was that it was basically a boring game, with long periods in which little happened to captivate or hold the attention of fans. A bit of a case of the devil finding work for idle hands. Frustration was built by the difficulty in scoring and the lack of goals, the object of the game. In which other game can you play for 90 minutes and not achieve the primary objective? Imagine a score of 0/0 after a session of cricket. A tennis rally that lasted 90 minutes without a winning shot. An AFL or rugby match without a score for that period? No wonder the idiots would riot. IMHO, the most overrated sport on the planet. If it hadn't been for England colonising half the world, I doubt it would be anything but a curiosity, played in the counties of England and Scotland.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:I'm with you about the soccer, Saynta. The beautiful game, or the boring game? I had to laugh when I came across a research project done by An expert in violence at soccer matches and hooliganism in British culture. I can't remember the author's name but it was published around 1994, when I was still a detective, so I was interested in the results as to the motivation and psychology behind individual and group violence at sporting venues.

One of the major reasons given for violence at the soccer was that it was basically a boring game, with long periods in which little happened to captivate or hold the attention of fans. A bit of a case of the devil finding work for idle hands. Frustration was built by the difficulty in scoring and the lack of goals, the object of the game. In which other game can you play for 90 minutes and not achieve the primary objective? Imagine a score of 0/0 after a session of cricket. A tennis rally that lasted 90 minutes without a winning shot. An AFL or rugby match without a score for that period? No wonder the idiots would riot. IMHO, the most overrated sport on the planet. If it hadn't been for England colonising half the world, I doubt it would be anything but a curiosity, played in the counties of England and Scotland.
Very interesting post

saynta
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
White Winmar wrote:I'm with you about the soccer, Saynta. The beautiful game, or the boring game? I had to laugh when I came across a research project done by An expert in violence at soccer matches and hooliganism in British culture. I can't remember the author's name but it was published around 1994, when I was still a detective, so I was interested in the results as to the motivation and psychology behind individual and group violence at sporting venues.

Very interesting post
Plus one

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

And again. I cant stand soccer, and I get cheesed off whenever it is called football and footy is'nt.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Why hasn't cricket taken off around the world then? If the only criteria is the poms colonising half the world why didn't the world get into cricket?

For mine I love sport. The theatre of it, the atmosphere, the intensity. I spent 6 weeks in England about 20 years ago. I took a mild interest in the EPL whilst in Melbourne, but nothing more than watching Ian Rush score some goals in the highlights in WWOS on a Sunday morning. By the end of my time in England I could hold a conversation with locals on the train about the sport. The point is, if you allow yourself to assimilate with the culture/society you find that you enjoy the things that they do. I reckon Aussie Rules is the best game in the world bar none. It's the obvious reason women are so desperate to play it. However I've never understood how ppl are so dismissive of other sports. Go to an EPL game live and there's an atmosphere like I've never experienced at a sporting event - and I've been to at least 20 AFL GF's. Watch guys attack the ball with their feet whilst another player comes charging in knowing that a false move could mean a broken leg. Racing back for a header is almost the same as backing back for a mark. It takes a lot more courage than I ever gave it credit - just because players roll around on the ground like sooks faking for a free doesn't mean it doesn't take courage to play it. And it's as skillful as anything I've seen as well. Off side rule makes it hard to score which makes it frustrating as well as intriguing.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Does Toby Greene, the opposition player, play NRL, Soccer or Cricket competitively? Do we now have an NRL, Soccer or Cricket team? I is confused!!!!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
ROLS-LEE
Club Player

jonesy wrote:Greene is a gun with a bit of mongrel . I'd love a player like him.

Love even more he'll miss this week but
Exactly. I would have him in our team in a heartbeat. Straight swap for Billings.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Greene is a gun