Match Thread Saints v Hawks Round 6 2017

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Match Thread Saints v Hawks Round 6 2017

DJ Higgins wrote:hahahahaha post. Bruce you muppet
8-)

saynta
Saintsational Legend

silverhalo wrote:Maybe it's just me but I sense that JB is emerging. The natives have been getting restless over Jack Billings not performing at the standard expected given that he was such a high draft pick but I think he's starting to put it together.

The kid is a class act and I've got no doubt he'll be the champ we want him to be. He's had 20 possessions the last two games and he's definitely committing himself to the contest a lot more - his tackle count is improving (4 today) and he's becoming more physical, an area of his game that has been disappointing.
He certainly appears to play better with his mate Sinclair in the side beside him.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Our running players ran and ran
The possession count
J Steven 36
L Montagna 33
S Ross 32
J Newnes 29
K Stevens 28
M Weller 28
J Steele 27
B Acres 23
J Sinclair 21
J Billings 20

Add run out of defence
D Roberton 29
J Webster 26
J Geary 22

Our boys gave Hawthorn the run around !

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:What has not been mentioned is that we took it up to West Coast in Perth, we hammered Hawthorn in Launceston - Travel bug anyone?
Before the game it looked like Riewoldt had caught the bug but then it proved Hawthorn caught the travel bug big time.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

silverhalo wrote:Maybe it's just me but I sense that JB is emerging. The natives have been getting restless over Jack Billings not performing at the standard expected given that he was such a high draft pick but I think he's starting to put it together.

The kid is a class act and I've got no doubt he'll be the champ we want him to be. He's had 20 possessions the last two games and he's definitely committing himself to the contest a lot more - his tackle count is improving (4 today) and he's becoming more physical, an area of his game that has been disappointing.
It is like Jack Watts at Melbourne - if they forget they wasted a No1 draft pick on Watts they would be happy to have him in their team.
If we forget the draft positions we wasted on Billings and Paddy we would be happy to have them in our squad too.
It was never Watts' fault he was taken No1, that was Melbourne's recruiters blunder.
It was never Billings' or Paddy's fault they were taken so early, those were our recruiters blunders.

I can't help but cry every time I see Bontempelli play
But that is not Billings fault.

The Pinch Hitters
Club Player

My friends take on the performance in Launceston...

https://sportress.wordpress.com/2017/04 ... ound-pick/

Proph3t of egan
Club Player

JB laid a good bump on hodge if a remember, and did seem to get around more contests. Seems to be a slow burner, but once his set shots get accurate, he wiil already justify his position

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think