VFL Rd 3 Sandringham Vs Collingwood

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

older saint
SS Life Member

Re: VFL Rd 3 Sandringham Vs Collingwood

Expect him in next week and Roo up on the wing. Think he played more forward today after injury last week.
Out will be interesting Gilbert was average today and i know Sinclair got a lot of it but missed a lot of targets by foot.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
BigMart wrote:
People trying to rub StK supporters nose in the fact he played well, is what is strange... I hope he kicks 7 in the afl
Sorry should have realised it was all about BigMart today, and not that Paddy kicked 7 and basically really 8, nor about the Saints excellent win.

No what is strange is coming on the forum after such a great day to post crap like " A third year, ex-No.1 pick would be expected to tear it up against poor AFL opposition".
Also no voting thread after such a great win!!!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote:Expect him in next week and Roo up on the wing. Think he played more forward today after injury last week.
Out will be interesting Gilbert was average today and i know Sinclair got a lot of it but missed a lot of targets by foot.

Gilbert average today?

Ffs he was the alternative ruck.

Did ok imhfo.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

saynta wrote:
older saint wrote:Expect him in next week and Roo up on the wing. Think he played more forward today after injury last week.

Gilbert average today?

Did ok imhfo.
Gilbo did OK in the ruck, actually better than Bwoose,
and Bwoose was able to play better as a forward, which is his job.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
saynta wrote:

Gilbert average today?

Did ok imhfo.
Where Gilbo was so useful in the ruck was that he was another huge body around the ball to sling hawks players to the ground. I'd definitely give it another go. HE's not good enough to be an out and out midfielder but as a ruck/midfielder his versatility is a big asset.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
saynta wrote:

Gilbert average today?

Did ok imhfo.
Where Gilbo was so useful in the ruck was that he was another huge body around the ball to sling hawks players to the ground. I'd definitely give it another go. HE's not good enough to be an out and out midfielder but as a ruck/midfielder his versatility is a big asset.

yep.

RodKeoghsLoveChild
Club Player

Was wondering if anyone who attended could please update us on how the Saints listed players fared?

Thanks

Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page ... D=54951751

SANDRINGHAM 17.11 (113) d COLLINGWOOD 12.21 (93)

The Zebras set up their victory with a barnstorming start to the match at Trevor Barker Oval. Sandringham piled on the game’s first five goals and went on to establish a defining 37-point advantage by half time. Paddy McCartin then booted his sixth and seventh goals to open the third quarter and kill off Collingwood’s hopes.

Leading goalkickers: Sandringham – McCartin 7, Marshall 2, Lonie 2 / Collingwood – Kirby 3, De Goey 2, White 2, Crocker 2

Form: Sandringham – W L W / Collingwood – W L L

Next up: Sandringham vs North Ballarat / Collingwood vs Northern Blues

* CLICK HERE to see play-by-play scores from this game
http://websites.sportstg.com/round_info ... PLAYBYPLAY

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:No change - unless forced by General Soreness - Paddy can tear it up in the 2's until he believes that he deserves it.

Paddy is a weapon - and I love the romance - and believe he will tear it up in the AFL - but he needs to make the position his own - and playing 2's he can do that - I believe he was rushed into the 1's simply because he is a Number 1 pick. Give him time to develop his big body
Totally agree nobody deserves to be dropped from todays AFL team. I read above somone suggested Sinclair because his kicking - he went at 80% and IMO is an important cog in our midfield when he plays. Let Paddy continue to dominate the VFL for another week. We could bring him against Carlton and give Roo and rest if need be?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Paddy was really good, but I'd rather see him demolish Nth Ballarat, than cop a hiding from GWS.

Leave him at Sandy for a few more weeks. No rush. Paddy will be around for ten more years!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Winmar
Club Player

It's fantastic that he finally kicked a bag. Let him kick a couple more of 5 plus and then bring him back.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

RodKeoghsLoveChild wrote:Was wondering if anyone who attended could please update us on how the Saints listed players fared?

Thanks
Disposals: Savage 29, Lonie, Wright & Dunstan 25
Goals: McCartin 7, Marshall & Lonie 2!

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-29/b ... r-a-recall

YOUNG St Kilda forward Paddy McCartin booted seven goals for Sandringham in his bid for a recall to the senior team as the Zebras beat Collingwood by 20 points at Trevor Barker Oval on Saturday afternoon.

The No.1 draft pick in 2014 had a chance to slot his eighth in the final term but was taken off under the blood rule. He kicked five goals in the first half.

Around the state leagues: Who's starring in the twos?

McCartin, who turned 21 earlier this month, was dropped from the senior team after a quiet game against the Brisbane Lions in round three.

He has yet to kick more than two goals in any of his 19 AFL games, although he hit that mark in the opening term against Richmond in round 22 last year before suffering a broken collarbone.

St Kilda's senior team finished 75-point winners against Hawthorn on Saturday in Tasmania, making it difficult for McCartin to work his way back into the side.

He has booted 12 goals from his three games in the VFL this year.

Axed midfielder Luke Dunstan had 25 disposals himself as Sandringham won, 17.11 (113) to 12.21 (93).

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Up who?

A third year, ex-No.1 pick would be expected to tear it up against poor AFL opposition
Ye of little faith

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

And on top of Paddy's form, Jack Billings did three things today that the Bont couldn't even fantasise. And I bet you he could do exactly the same on his wrong foot. I'm talking about his two passes to Riewoldt and then one to Membrey. He is a gun.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:And on top of Paddy's form, Jack Billings did three things today that the Bont couldn't even fantasise. And I bet you he could do exactly the same on his wrong foot. I'm talking about his two passes to Riewoldt and then one to Membrey. He is a gun.
You're joking surely? Bont is in the best 10 players in the competition. Billings isn't in the top 80. Bonts disposal and ball use is elite, Billings is not - yet.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

saintbrat wrote:http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page ... D=54951751

SANDRINGHAM 17.11 (113) d COLLINGWOOD 12.21 (93)

The Zebras set up their victory with a barnstorming start to the match at Trevor Barker Oval. Sandringham piled on the game’s first five goals and went on to establish a defining 37-point advantage by half time. Paddy McCartin then booted his sixth and seventh goals to open the third quarter and kill off Collingwood’s hopes.

Leading goalkickers: Sandringham – McCartin 7, Marshall 2, Lonie 2 / Collingwood – Kirby 3, De Goey 2, White 2, Crocker 2

Form: Sandringham – W L W / Collingwood – W L L

Next up: Sandringham vs North Ballarat / Collingwood vs Northern Blues

* CLICK HERE to see play-by-play scores from this game
http://websites.sportstg.com/round_info ... PLAYBYPLAY
As an aside, could anyone who was at the game tell me if De Goey really kicked those two goals, or was it his dog? Thanks.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:Bont's disposal and ball use is elite, Billings is not - yet.
Billings Is going at 8.21 in front of goals since the start of last season apparently. I don't know how many of those were set shots. That's about a 27 per cent strike rate, which is horrible.

There's obviously some work to do there and the problems will be largely technical and mechanical. There's a confidence aspect to it, of course, as every easy one he misses adds to the pressure of the next one.

It might be as simple as keeping his head over the ball and kicking through the ball.

In golf simply keeping the lead shoulder low and level while putting can work wonders for the yips. Often the head comes up too early as the player looks in anxiety to see whether it's going in ... with predictable and disastrous results.

Anyway, he needs to work with someone who knows their stuff - kicking for goal, not putting - and iron it out.

It's nothing that cannot be sorted with the right advice and some hard work, especially for a guy with a naturally beautiful kicking action. He will get there because he has to.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

How did Hickey go?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Paddy was really good, but I'd rather see him demolish Nth Ballarat, than cop a hiding from GWS.

Leave him at Sandy for a few more weeks. No rush. Paddy will be around for ten more years!
Exactly, let him dominate and come up to Seniors when he is hungry for goals and determined to perform.

Nee!
RodKeoghsLoveChild
Club Player

How did Long and Freeman go?

Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Poster on bigfooty was highly impressed with freeman. Didn't get a lot of it but what he did. He said long was unsited. Hickey dominant

Bring back the Lockett era
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Moods wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:And on top of Paddy's form, Jack Billings did three things today that the Bont couldn't even fantasise. And I bet you he could do exactly the same on his wrong foot. I'm talking about his two passes to Riewoldt and then one to Membrey. He is a gun.
You're joking surely? Bont is in the best 10 players in the competition. Billings isn't in the top 80. Bonts disposal and ball use is elite, Billings is not - yet.
I said that Billings did 3 things yesterday that The Bont is incapable of. I stand by that. Bontempelli is a great player who has gotten to his peak quickly. He isn't going to get better than he is now. Billings will go past him rest assured.