Fitness

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

seano1
Club Player

Fitness

Have we changed fitness coach or methods ? We look pretty tired and spent lately

Hemi Baxter
Club Player

Re: Fitness

I agree. We were gone a long way out. In particular, Longer, Dunstan , Steele, Acres - ll looked shot shortly into the last quarter.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

It's happened a few times. All 3 of our losses we have spent long periods in the lead and been run over.

The optimist in me hopes we're doing more work than we should during the week to ensure we're hitting our straps in the 2nd half of the year.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

We've been cooked by 3/4 time in four out of five games. Why? I said to a mate at the game, if we aren't three goals up at 3/4 time we're screwed, just going on recent form. I was even more wrong than I thought possible. What's going on?

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I would say that we have an issue with regards to run through the middle... too many players that don't contribute enough

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

4 games at etihad, 1 at the hard Subi. I've heard players say Ethihad still really takes it out of your legs. Plus if you don't keep the footy well you have to spend a lot of petrol tickets chasing.

carn_sainter
Club Player

Are we too short? Do we have too few options ahead of the ball? I think our structure ahead of the ball could be better and that could help us from thei perspective of running. Josh Bruce could hardly walk in the last quarter...the man is worked like a county mule.

But on the whole, we looked absolutely cooked 5 minutes into the fourth.

The first 95 minutes were excellent but unravelled far too drastically.

I thought Longer was pretty good but he doesn't have Hickey's tank and that really caused everyone else to work much, much harder. I don't think Billy can make it as the sole ruckman.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Its definitely an issue, not one four quarter game in 5 and late fade outs in all five. There has to be an issue, we are not fit enough to sustain the way we play for four quarters.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Bluthy wrote:4 games at etihad, 1 at the hard Subi. I've heard players say Ethihad still really takes it out of your legs. Plus if you don't keep the footy well you have to spend a lot of petrol tickets chasing.
That's are persistent theory and could very well be true. However, I think we just haven't been prepared fitness wise to play the high pressure game we play.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

White Winmar wrote:We've been cooked by 3/4 time in four out of five games. Why? I said to a mate at the game, if we aren't three goals up at 3/4 time we're screwed, just going on recent form. I was even more wrong than I thought possible. What's going on?
True, but I think you have your numbers slightly wrong, we've been cooked at 3 qtr time in all 5. If you're excluding Brisbane, I'd suggest they were cooked too and it just didn't show.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Our forward wasn't great all game, despite it coming in nicely for most of the game. Minchington was great, but his defensive side not as strong as Lonie's, Gresham was quiet and Bruce & Membrey didn't trouble them in the air and could've have had more impact.