How many time how many excuses???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Re: How many time how many excuses???

Teflon wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:Teflon...who the phuck is "making excuses"? Who the phuck says I accept "near enough"? you don't know me from a tin of paint, so how the phuck would YOU know what I "accept"? Being positive about the real strides we've made, does'nt mean that I enjoy or accept defeats and poor performances. I'll take "Blueskying" ANY day of ANY week over posts like: "we're going to lose three in a row" and other similar defeatist schitt. The Cats "culture"? you've got to be kidding! a club that managed to out-choke even Port Adelaide in big games from 1963-2007, hey give the catters time mate, a few seasons out of finals and you'll see the colour of THEIR blood!
Jiggster in keeping with your theme - who phuck cares about YOU? I dont, yup I dont know you and could not give a shyte to know you - why? cause I read enough of your 'oh please leave the boys alone...' tripe on here to know we aint each others cup of tea - Im ok with that.
BTW I'll take the Cats 'mediocre' last decade over ours anyday if thats OK by you - we can all be selective..
So you stay in 'blue sky la la land' and I'll keep my views that for too long we as a club have accepted mediocrity and not demanded a genuine culture of success where we dont idolise individuals (see our list of cult heroes and empty Premiership Cup stand for details..) and make excuses for players who arent up to it.

Better still - why dont you get off the fence, quit sprouting the 'get behind the boys' rubbish and do something interesting and tell us all HOW we are going to improve?? (be careful you may have to form a VIEW that a player isnt up to it.....scary stuff I know...) - unless again, youre going to tell me that we are already good enough to win the thing this year??
+1.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Again, I'll say that seeking any positive factors from our performances, doesn't mean that I "accept" mediocrity or am happy about losses ( far from it ) but by the same token I'm amazed that someone can, in the face of a better win- loss ratio this season (so far) than last, say that this season is "gone already" Bad Kicking has killed us thus far in 2017, and this needs to be fixed QUICKLY. Tom Hickey hasn't played anywhere near as consistently well as he did last year, and needs to find that form again. I'd like to see both Pierce and Longer in the side. Pierce needs to be getting a run in the seniors if we want to develop his skills further. I'm still not prepared to write off this season, we had some B AWFUL results last year and still only just missed out on finals, which (IMHO) was a great achievement for a young side. I reckon it'll be better to assess our finals chances, a wee bit further into the season. Just my opinion WW, maybe we'll just "agree to disagree" mate :D

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:We've won 2 games already - in 2000 we only won 2 games all year.
Looking at the fixture objectively, I can't see us winning any less than 12 games this year. I also can't see us winning 13 games either. 12 wins and a healthy percentage with the draw we've got would be a slight improvement. I don't think we'll make finals this year though.
Hawks - win
Giants - loss
Carlton - win
Swans - win
WB - loss
Crows - loss (60 points +)
Kangaroos - loss
Suns - win
Freo - win
Tigers - win
Bombers - win
Swans - loss
Power - loss
Eagles - win
Demons - win
Kangaroos - win
Tigers - loss

12 ins 10 losses
Norf n Tiges will beat us twice each.
Eagles n Suns will beat us.
Reason? Our forwards are rubbish, Skunk is gone, Bwoose can't mark and Paddy will play poorly when he gets in.
Dockers will win in Perth, frees will again be the issue
No way will the Suns beat us in Melbourne. North and Richmond may beat us once, but not twice, and Richmond couldn't beat us at Etihad. We have shown over the years we have Freo's measure, and we should have beaten the Eagles at Subiaco a few weeks ago.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Samurai! Well said! Plus one from the Jiggster!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Great win on Fridee!