Armitage Groin Surgery

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Armitage Groin Surgery

Postby Vazelos » Sat 22 Apr 2017 1:28am

Looks like Armo will be out for an extended period with groin surgery.
This opens the door for a Koby Stevens and more responsibility on players like Dunstan and Jack Steele.
Armo is really struggling with his body and with potential bolstering of the mid field next year I see this as possibly his last contract at the Saints.
Vazelos
Club Player

Re: Armitage Groin Surgery

Postby elizabethr » Sat 22 Apr 2017 1:35am

You coward
nothing to say
elizabethr
Club Player

Postby mad saint guy » Sat 22 Apr 2017 1:49am

I think Armo might be cooked. He just doesn't look like the same player as he was in 2015 and the type of injuries he is getting (back, groin) are not easy to get rid of, especially close to 30 when you've spent your career as a human wrecking ball. If he's not able to get back to his best then it's probably in his best interests and the club's if he hangs up the boots at the end of the season.
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Postby elizabethr » Sat 22 Apr 2017 2:07am

Pfttt...he's contacted until the end od 2019 at conservatively 1
$1/2 million per season
Value for money ??
nothing to say
elizabethr
Club Player

Postby White Winmar » Sat 22 Apr 2017 2:07am

I fear that Roy Orbison is moving in from stage left to sing a little song about Armo's distinguished career, called, "It's Over!"
Winmar to LOCKETT!!!!!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Postby WellardSaint » Sat 22 Apr 2017 2:31am

elizabethr wrote:Pfttt...he's contracted until the end of 2019 at conservatively 1
$1/2 million per season
Value for money ??

Hello there, Madame Lawn Bowls :D :lol:
No animals were harmed in the production of this post.
The views expressed herein are the opinions of WellardSaint
WellardSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Location: EUROPA- the smallest of the four Galilean moons orbiting Jupiter

Postby Gershwin » Sat 22 Apr 2017 2:40am

Well I'd like to wish the bloke all the best with his recovery and look forward to seeing him out there asap. Great clubman and a very good footballer. Been a much maligned player on this forum.
summertime and the living is easy ........
Gershwin
Club Player

Postby elizabethr » Sat 22 Apr 2017 4:11am

Gershwin wrote:Well I'd like to wish the bloke all the best with his recovery and look forward to seeing him out there asap. Great clubman and a very good footballer. Been a much maligned player on this forum.

The Pea-Hearts on here will continue the perpetuation of this Myth.
nothing to say
elizabethr
Club Player

Postby magnifisaint » Sat 22 Apr 2017 6:50am

Vazelos wrote:Looks like Armo will be out for an extended period with groin surgery.
This opens the door for a Koby Stevens and more responsibility on players like Dunstan and Jack Steele.
Armo is really struggling with his body and with potential bolstering of the mid field next year I see this as possibly his last contract at the Saints.

I think you are wrong.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Postby saintspremiers » Sat 22 Apr 2017 7:24am

elizabethr wrote:You coward

Have Birthday for yesterday Lizzie!
Let's make St. Kilda Great Again!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Postby Vazelos » Sat 22 Apr 2017 8:46am

magnifisaint wrote:
Vazelos wrote:Looks like Armo will be out for an extended period with groin surgery.

I think you are wrong.

Only Champions in excellent condition play on to their 30s if he gets another contract it means others in their prime haven't come along and stepped up. A very good footballer at his best, but these injuries are impacting him considerably. The future will tell if I am right or wrong.
Vazelos
Club Player

Postby Leo.J » Sat 22 Apr 2017 9:05am

Sounds to me like he's got a hernia.

Around a month out depending on how bad it is.

Should be fine after that.
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Postby saynta » Sat 22 Apr 2017 9:23am

elizabethr wrote:
Gershwin wrote:Well I'd like to wish the bloke all the best with his recovery and look forward to seeing him out there asap. Great clubman and a very good footballer. Been a much maligned player on this forum.

Yep. And they have the cheek to call themselves supporters.
saynta
SS Life Member

Postby citywest » Sat 22 Apr 2017 10:47am

Like I have said many times, when Richmond offered pick 12 we should have jumped at it.....To late now!!!
NeXus_Nick, Nexus_Helen and DDC City West is citywest. Simple as that.
2013 is 1999, 2014 is 2000, 2015 is 2001, 2016 is 2002, 2017 is 2003, 2018 is 2004. Wrong, 2017 will be 2004. Simple as that.
citywest
Club Player

Postby satchmo » Sat 22 Apr 2017 11:08am

Exactly.
*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

ImageImage
Last Post
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Postby True Believer » Sat 22 Apr 2017 11:32am

I wonder if any of you can translate "Fortius Quo Fidelius" for me ??

I seriously shake my head at this place at times. The guy is 28, one of the few quality 100 game plus players we have on our list, and because he is going in for a surgery that might put him out for a month or two, some flogs want him put out to pasture.

If he's physically at 100%, he has demonstrated the ability in the very recent past to rack up very impressive numbers, but without ANY insight whatsoever into his physical circumstances we have geniuses on here wanting to show him the door, I guess because we are overflowing with an excess of proven young top-line talent we are trying to shoehorn into the senior side.

What's that, we aren't.......well who would have guessed.......

While your translating, maybe also look up the definition of "supporter"....
We came.
We saw.
We concreted.
True Believer
Saintsational Legend

Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Postby saintsRrising » Sat 22 Apr 2017 11:34am

Well said TB

The Trolls in this thread makes one shake your head.
Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Postby Bluthy » Sat 22 Apr 2017 11:56am

mad saint guy wrote:I think Armo might be cooked. He just doesn't look like the same player as he was in 2015 and the type of injuries he is getting (back, groin) are not easy to get rid of, especially close to 30 when you've spent your career as a human wrecking ball. If he's not able to get back to his best then it's probably in his best interests and the club's if he hangs up the boots at the end of the season.

That's a bit extreme. But he does really need to try and get his body right. It seemed so promising at the start of the year - his back was better, got a full preseason in I think. Just seems to be one thing after another for the poor guy. He's copped a lot since Lenny in a midfield bereft of big guys for protection.

My worry is without him we lack a genuine ball winning brute inside. Dunstan is pretty physical but not sure he has that quick reaction speed to win the bobbling ball and get it out. Steele has a big frame that should be able to stack on some serious muscle but that will take a few years. Seb isn't a huge inside ball winner. Acres is the one that might need to step up in the centre square - is a great size and is a great reader of the football. Whether he has the real mongrel to win it in the middle is the question.

I thought they brought Koby Stevens in as cover for Armo as they must have been worried about all his injuries. Stevens should get a game soon and apparently is pretty good inside and also has a bit of outside run. That's why Armo has to get is body right and show he can do both again.
Last edited by Bluthy on Sat 22 Apr 2017 12:20pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bluthy
SS Life Member

Postby skeptic » Sat 22 Apr 2017 12:08pm

saynta wrote:
elizabethr wrote:

Yep. And they have the cheek to call themselves supporters.

Aren't you the guy who posted that ur heart sank when particular players were chosen and wrote of others after 1 game?

Great supporting that is
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Postby Stephen Theodore » Sat 22 Apr 2017 3:21pm

+ 1
Stephen Theodore
Club Player

Postby st.byron » Sat 22 Apr 2017 3:43pm

True Believer wrote:I wonder if any of you can translate "Fortius Quo Fidelius" for me ??

I seriously shake my head at this place at times. The guy is 28, one of the few quality 100 game plus players we have on our list, and because he is going in for a surgery that might put him out for a month or two, some flogs want him put out to pasture.

If he's physically at 100%, he has demonstrated the ability in the very recent past to rack up very impressive numbers, but without ANY insight whatsoever into his physical circumstances we have geniuses on here wanting to show him the door, I guess because we are overflowing with an excess of proven young top-line talent we are trying to shoehorn into the senior side.

Hope he gets back to being able to contribute in the way we love. His recent injury history though does suggest he's struggling physically. Just at the start of the year he revealed he has a chronic back complaint and the doctors told him he has the back of a 50 year old. That doesn't bode well. Because of that last year he wasn't able to re-capture the form of 2015 that made him so damaging and now he's having surgery five games into this season.
I think it's fair to say that he seems to be struggling physically. Love Armo and his commitment. Hope he gets himself right and gets back to top form.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Postby WellardSaint » Sat 22 Apr 2017 3:57pm

st.byron wrote:
True Believer wrote:I wonder if any of you can translate "Fortius Quo Fidelius" for me ??

Hope he gets back to being able to contribute in the way we love. His recent injury history though does suggest he's struggling physically. Just at the start of the year he revealed he has a chronic back complaint and the doctors told him he has the back of a 50 year old. That doesn't bode well. Because of that last year he wasn't able to re-capture the form of 2015 that made him so damaging and now he's having surgery five games into this season.
I think it's fair to say that he seems to be struggling physically. Love Armo and his commitment. Hope he gets himself right and gets back to top form.

Speaking as someone who has a back injury, this can result in hamstring injuries, etc, so perhaps, the groin is a manifestation of that.
I saw his quotes on his back, but he said he used the preseason to do all the strengthening work, and now his back is fine.
I still believe it's ongoing- just needs intensive management, like Rooey's fluid on the knees, and would cause injuries downstream, like the groin.
No animals were harmed in the production of this post.
The views expressed herein are the opinions of WellardSaint
WellardSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Location: EUROPA- the smallest of the four Galilean moons orbiting Jupiter

Return to Saintsational Fan Forum (open to all ages)