The class of 2017 TOP 20 DRAFT PROSPECTS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The class of 2017 TOP 20 DRAFT PROSPECTS

Postby White Winmar » Wed 19 Apr 2017 10:26pm

Ladies and gentlemen! If we choose not to trade, we will have the opportunity to grab two of these lads. Early days, I know, and there are always bolters as the year goes on, but these twenty are considered the cream ATM. Who would you choose? Let's have a nearest the pin/time capsule comp. The Jade Gresham Coconut will be awarded to the winner after the draft (If fugazi ever gives me my coconut). My two are Noah Balta (What an omen. Who better to break a drought than someone named Noah?) and Ethan Penrith.

Connor Ballenden
Part of the Brisbane Academy, the 198cm, 95kg, Ballenden is among 2017's most promising talls. He is a strong contested mark in the forward 50m, attacks the ball in flight, hits the scoreboard and is also an effective tap ruckman. His 15 disposals, nine marks (three contested) and five goals against Tasmania during division two of the AFL Under-18 Championships is just a small glimpse into what Ballenden can do.

Noah Balta
Freakishly athletic key forward, at 193cm, 88kg, who breaks the lines like a small or medium size running specialist. He possesses rare speed, leap and some Lance "Buddy" Franklin-like traits. Balta kicked 18 goals from his eight TAC Cup games and with continued improvement has the scope to be as good as anyone in the 2017 draft class.

Jarrod Brander
It is to be determined whether the 195cm, 83kg, Jarrod Brander will remain part of GWS' Academy. He is regarded as one of 2017's premier key forward prospects with a combination of speed, agility and strong hands overhead. From his four TAC Cup games in 2016 he averaged a very promising 2.5 goals and 6.5 marks per game.

Callum Coleman-Jones
Coleman-Jones is the most physically advanced of the talls from the 2017 draft class at 199cm, 98kg. He is proficient as a tap ruckman who plays with a physical edge and uses his size effectively. He is a dominant contested-marking force who reads the ball in flight as well as any of next year's ruckman, taking powerful contested marks inside the forward 50m. Coleman-Jones also hits the scoreboard and pushes into the back half for intercept marks. His 10 contested marks from four AFL Under-18 Championships games shows what a contested marking force he already is.

Hunter Clark
Clean kick on both his left and right, Clark plays predominantly as an outside player, running off half-back and pushing up onto the wings. Clark, 186cm, 79kg, possesses pace, moving easily through traffic and displaying a high leap and strong hands overhead. While best suited to playing on the outside, Clark does not shirk the issue when it is his time to go, winning the contested ball and laying tackles.

Oscar Clavarino
Clavarino as a key defender plays an accountable style of game, shutting down his direct opponent and demonstrating impressive strength in the one-on-one contests. At 194cm, 80kg, Clavarino was arguably one of the best shutdown key defenders in the TAC Cup in 2016 for and also played all four games for Vic Country during this year's AFL Under-18 Championships.

Luke Davies-Uniacke
The midfielder and forward only played two TAC Cup games and one Under-18 Championship match this season, but at 187cm, 86kg, he is a name to listen out for in 2017. Davies-Uniacke has pace, skill, size, strength overhead and ability to hit the scoreboard, traits that will surely have clubs drooling.

Jackson Edwards
The son of Adelaide's Tyson, Jackson Edwards is eligible as a possible father-son choice. Edwards, 184cm, 73kg, has the production behind him in the SANFL Under-18s and Reserves. He is a left-footed midfielder displaying class, using the ball cleanly on both feet, providing run and winning his own ball through the midfield.

Darcy Fogarty
A dynamic goal kicker, Darcy Fogarty kicked seven goals from three AFL Under-18 Championships games. The 190cm, 86kg, Fogarty is equally adept through the midfield with impressive contested possession and clearance numbers through the SANFL Under-18s, suggesting potential as a rotating midfielder/forward.

Joel Garner
One of the prime ball users of the 2017 draft class, Garner, 184cm, 78kg, is a classy kick with the versatility to play on a forward or back flank or through the midfield. He is a strong, athletic mark overhead and a damaging player who is expected to play a more prominent role for Eastern in 2017 through the midfield.

Stephen Giro
With disposal numbers exceeding any other midfielder in the 2017 draft class, Giro has been outstanding through the SANFL Under-s during the first half of the season with countless 30+ and 40+ disposal games. He has also adjusted seamlessly to Reserves football, placing in the bests in six of his eight games. At 177cm, 70kg, Giro has the capacity to play inside or outside, using the ball cleanly and moving through traffic easily.

Sam Hayes
The only player during the AFL Under-18 Championships to be awarded All-Australian as a bottom ager was the 200cm, 90kg, Sam Hayes. He has proven effective both as a ruckman and key forward - Hayes is arguably the most advanced tap ruckman from the 2017 draft class and is also a strong contested mark around the ground and forward of centre. He averaged one contested mark per game this season in the TAC Cup, attacking the ball in flight and holding his position in body-on-body contests.

Isaac Hewson
Inside midfielder already playing Reserves for Norwood in the SANFL. At 183cm, 79kg, Hewson is a stoppage specialist who wins high contested possession and clearance numbers. His game is very advanced game for his age and is one of the more ready-to-play midfielders among this group.

Jack Higgins
Arguably the most advanced player in this draft class with several games of 30 or more disposals in the TAC Cup, also kicking 19 goals from his 10 games. At 176cm, 73kg, Higgins is a classy ball user who wins his share of the contested ball through the midfield. He is also a natural crumber who keeps his feet, draws high free kicks and finishes effectively around goal.

Lochie O'Brien
Finding a lot of the ball and doing his best work on the outside, Lochie O'Brien at 184cm, 74kg is an outside runner who evades tackles, uses the ball cleanly on his left foot, is strong overhead and in one-on-one contests. O'Brien averaged 24 disposals per game through his five TAC Cup contests and has also showed proficiency winning the contested ball.

Lachlan Pascoe
Physically already a very mature half-back flanker at 189cm, 94kg and averaging 18 disposals, five marks and five rebound 50s from his three SANFL League games, Pascoe is among the most advanced players. He provides run off half-back, takes marks one-on-one, is a penetrating kick who hits his targets and is also a genuine goalkicking threat when he pushes forward.

Ethan Penrith
The 179cm, 74kg outside line breaker takes on the game at every opportunity, dodging and weaving past opposition players effortlessly. His skills are silky, using the ball efficiently and impacting the game heavily with each possession. For someone who does his best work on the outside, Penrith displays an aggression uncommon in line breakers, bumping opposition players with force, tackling and winning the contested ball.

Cameron Rayner
Strong contested-marking, 185cm, 84kg, forward who kicked 17 goals from eight TAC Cup games, leading Western Jets' goalkicking and also taking 12 contested marks. Rayner has a classy look to him, avoiding tackles, hitting targets and finishing on goal from outside 50m.

Jaidyn Stephenson
Came onto the radar in 2015 with a dynamic finals series for Eastern Rangers. Stephenson confirmed his reputation as a big game player, giving eventual premier Sandringham a scare during the first round of the TAC Cup finals kicking four important goals. Stephenson is an athletic forward at 188cm, 76kg who is freakish at ground level and is a high leaper who does his best work close to goal.

James Worpel
Big-bodied midfielder already at 185cm, 82kg who thrives on the contested side of the game. He was already in 2016 one of the contested ball and clearance winning beasts of the TAC Cup and may lead the competition in those categories in 2017. Worpel fends off powerfully, reminiscent of Dustin Martin and often is found diving courageously to either tackle the opposing ball carrier or smother their kicks.
I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
User avatar
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5014
Joined: Tue 02 Jun 2009 10:02pm

Re: The class of 2017 TOP 20 DRAFT PROSPECTS

Postby remboy » Wed 19 Apr 2017 10:37pm

Thanks WW. Never too early to check out the talent. Any two who have pace, strength and skills will do me.
Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
remboy
Club Player
 
Posts: 1595
Joined: Fri 22 Jul 2005 9:27am
Location: Rockville

Re: The class of 2017 TOP 20 DRAFT PROSPECTS

Postby Wombat15 » Wed 19 Apr 2017 10:49pm

Wombat15
Club Player
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed 21 Oct 2015 4:21pm

Re: The class of 2017 TOP 20 DRAFT PROSPECTS

Postby silverhalo » Wed 19 Apr 2017 10:57pm

White Winmar wrote:Ladies and gentlemen! If we choose not to trade, we will have the opportunity to grab two of these lads. Early days, I know, and there are always bolters as the year goes on, but these twenty are considered the cream ATM. Who would you choose? Let's have a nearest the pin/time capsule comp. The Jade Gresham Coconut will be awarded to the winner after the draft (If fugazi ever gives me my coconut). My two are Noah Balta (What an omen. Who better to break a drought than someone named Noah?) and Ethan Penrith.

Connor Ballenden
Part of the Brisbane Academy, the 198cm, 95kg, Ballenden is among 2017's most promising talls. He is a strong contested mark in the forward 50m, attacks the ball in flight, hits the scoreboard and is also an effective tap ruckman. His 15 disposals, nine marks (three contested) and five goals against Tasmania during division two of the AFL Under-18 Championships is just a small glimpse into what Ballenden can do.

Noah Balta
Freakishly athletic key forward, at 193cm, 88kg, who breaks the lines like a small or medium size running specialist. He possesses rare speed, leap and some Lance "Buddy" Franklin-like traits. Balta kicked 18 goals from his eight TAC Cup games and with continued improvement has the scope to be as good as anyone in the 2017 draft class.

Jarrod Brander
It is to be determined whether the 195cm, 83kg, Jarrod Brander will remain part of GWS' Academy. He is regarded as one of 2017's premier key forward prospects with a combination of speed, agility and strong hands overhead. From his four TAC Cup games in 2016 he averaged a very promising 2.5 goals and 6.5 marks per game.

Callum Coleman-Jones
Coleman-Jones is the most physically advanced of the talls from the 2017 draft class at 199cm, 98kg. He is proficient as a tap ruckman who plays with a physical edge and uses his size effectively. He is a dominant contested-marking force who reads the ball in flight as well as any of next year's ruckman, taking powerful contested marks inside the forward 50m. Coleman-Jones also hits the scoreboard and pushes into the back half for intercept marks. His 10 contested marks from four AFL Under-18 Championships games shows what a contested marking force he already is.

Hunter Clark
Clean kick on both his left and right, Clark plays predominantly as an outside player, running off half-back and pushing up onto the wings. Clark, 186cm, 79kg, possesses pace, moving easily through traffic and displaying a high leap and strong hands overhead. While best suited to playing on the outside, Clark does not shirk the issue when it is his time to go, winning the contested ball and laying tackles.

Oscar Clavarino
Clavarino as a key defender plays an accountable style of game, shutting down his direct opponent and demonstrating impressive strength in the one-on-one contests. At 194cm, 80kg, Clavarino was arguably one of the best shutdown key defenders in the TAC Cup in 2016 for and also played all four games for Vic Country during this year's AFL Under-18 Championships.

Luke Davies-Uniacke
The midfielder and forward only played two TAC Cup games and one Under-18 Championship match this season, but at 187cm, 86kg, he is a name to listen out for in 2017. Davies-Uniacke has pace, skill, size, strength overhead and ability to hit the scoreboard, traits that will surely have clubs drooling.

Jackson Edwards
The son of Adelaide's Tyson, Jackson Edwards is eligible as a possible father-son choice. Edwards, 184cm, 73kg, has the production behind him in the SANFL Under-18s and Reserves. He is a left-footed midfielder displaying class, using the ball cleanly on both feet, providing run and winning his own ball through the midfield.

Darcy Fogarty
A dynamic goal kicker, Darcy Fogarty kicked seven goals from three AFL Under-18 Championships games. The 190cm, 86kg, Fogarty is equally adept through the midfield with impressive contested possession and clearance numbers through the SANFL Under-18s, suggesting potential as a rotating midfielder/forward.

Joel Garner
One of the prime ball users of the 2017 draft class, Garner, 184cm, 78kg, is a classy kick with the versatility to play on a forward or back flank or through the midfield. He is a strong, athletic mark overhead and a damaging player who is expected to play a more prominent role for Eastern in 2017 through the midfield.

Stephen Giro
With disposal numbers exceeding any other midfielder in the 2017 draft class, Giro has been outstanding through the SANFL Under-s during the first half of the season with countless 30+ and 40+ disposal games. He has also adjusted seamlessly to Reserves football, placing in the bests in six of his eight games. At 177cm, 70kg, Giro has the capacity to play inside or outside, using the ball cleanly and moving through traffic easily.

Sam Hayes
The only player during the AFL Under-18 Championships to be awarded All-Australian as a bottom ager was the 200cm, 90kg, Sam Hayes. He has proven effective both as a ruckman and key forward - Hayes is arguably the most advanced tap ruckman from the 2017 draft class and is also a strong contested mark around the ground and forward of centre. He averaged one contested mark per game this season in the TAC Cup, attacking the ball in flight and holding his position in body-on-body contests.

Isaac Hewson
Inside midfielder already playing Reserves for Norwood in the SANFL. At 183cm, 79kg, Hewson is a stoppage specialist who wins high contested possession and clearance numbers. His game is very advanced game for his age and is one of the more ready-to-play midfielders among this group.

Jack Higgins
Arguably the most advanced player in this draft class with several games of 30 or more disposals in the TAC Cup, also kicking 19 goals from his 10 games. At 176cm, 73kg, Higgins is a classy ball user who wins his share of the contested ball through the midfield. He is also a natural crumber who keeps his feet, draws high free kicks and finishes effectively around goal.

Lochie O'Brien
Finding a lot of the ball and doing his best work on the outside, Lochie O'Brien at 184cm, 74kg is an outside runner who evades tackles, uses the ball cleanly on his left foot, is strong overhead and in one-on-one contests. O'Brien averaged 24 disposals per game through his five TAC Cup contests and has also showed proficiency winning the contested ball.

Lachlan Pascoe
Physically already a very mature half-back flanker at 189cm, 94kg and averaging 18 disposals, five marks and five rebound 50s from his three SANFL League games, Pascoe is among the most advanced players. He provides run off half-back, takes marks one-on-one, is a penetrating kick who hits his targets and is also a genuine goalkicking threat when he pushes forward.

Ethan Penrith
The 179cm, 74kg outside line breaker takes on the game at every opportunity, dodging and weaving past opposition players effortlessly. His skills are silky, using the ball efficiently and impacting the game heavily with each possession. For someone who does his best work on the outside, Penrith displays an aggression uncommon in line breakers, bumping opposition players with force, tackling and winning the contested ball.

Cameron Rayner
Strong contested-marking, 185cm, 84kg, forward who kicked 17 goals from eight TAC Cup games, leading Western Jets' goalkicking and also taking 12 contested marks. Rayner has a classy look to him, avoiding tackles, hitting targets and finishing on goal from outside 50m.

Jaidyn Stephenson
Came onto the radar in 2015 with a dynamic finals series for Eastern Rangers. Stephenson confirmed his reputation as a big game player, giving eventual premier Sandringham a scare during the first round of the TAC Cup finals kicking four important goals. Stephenson is an athletic forward at 188cm, 76kg who is freakish at ground level and is a high leaper who does his best work close to goal.

James Worpel
Big-bodied midfielder already at 185cm, 82kg who thrives on the contested side of the game. He was already in 2016 one of the contested ball and clearance winning beasts of the TAC Cup and may lead the competition in those categories in 2017. Worpel fends off powerfully, reminiscent of Dustin Martin and often is found diving courageously to either tackle the opposing ball carrier or smother their kicks.


Thanks for the summary, that's fantastic!

Just a couple of observations:-

- I thought Rooey was a marvel for doing what he does at his age but this Joel Garner tops that - not only has he made the transition from cricket to footy but he could be picked up as a very mature age recruit.

- On a serious note, Jack Higgins used to play footy with my son at Ormond from Under 8s to about Under 13s. He was a little beauty and we all knew he was going to make it, there was never any doubt. He'd always play 2 games one after the other on the Saturday - one in the age group he belonged to, say Under 9s, then he'd play for the age group above that, Under 10s, and still make the older guys look ordinary. Go Jackie Boy you good thing!
silverhalo
Club Player
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue 20 Oct 2015 5:52pm

Re: The class of 2017 TOP 20 DRAFT PROSPECTS

Postby BackFromUSA » Wed 19 Apr 2017 11:15pm

With so many inside midfielders I want some great outside ball users with class to be picked in our 2 top 10 picks ...

Like the sound of:

Joel Garner
One of the prime ball users of the 2017 draft class, Garner, 184cm, 78kg, is a classy kick with the versatility to play on a forward or back flank or through the midfield. He is a strong, athletic mark overhead and a damaging player who is expected to play a more prominent role for Eastern in 2017 through the midfield.

Lochie O'Brien
Finding a lot of the ball and doing his best work on the outside, Lochie O'Brien at 184cm, 74kg is an outside runner who evades tackles, uses the ball cleanly on his left foot, is strong overhead and in one-on-one contests. O'Brien averaged 24 disposals per game through his five TAC Cup contests and has also showed proficiency winning the contested ball.

Keepng my eye on:

Ethan Penrith
The 179cm, 74kg outside line breaker takes on the game at every opportunity, dodging and weaving past opposition players effortlessly. His skills are silky, using the ball efficiently and impacting the game heavily with each possession. For someone who does his best work on the outside, Penrith displays an aggression uncommon in line breakers, bumping opposition players with force, tackling and winning the contested ball.

Stephen Giro
With disposal numbers exceeding any other midfielder in the 2017 draft class, Giro has been outstanding through the SANFL Under-s during the first half of the season with countless 30+ and 40+ disposal games. He has also adjusted seamlessly to Reserves football, placing in the bests in six of his eight games. At 177cm, 70kg, Giro has the capacity to play inside or outside, using the ball cleanly and moving through traffic easily.

Jack Higgins
Arguably the most advanced player in this draft class with several games of 30 or more disposals in the TAC Cup, also kicking 19 goals from his 10 games. At 176cm, 73kg, Higgins is a classy ball user who wins his share of the contested ball through the midfield. He is also a natural crumber who keeps his feet, draws high free kicks and finishes effectively around goal.

Hunter Clark
Clean kick on both his left and right, Clark plays predominantly as an outside player, running off half-back and pushing up onto the wings. Clark, 186cm, 79kg, possesses pace, moving easily through traffic and displaying a high leap and strong hands overhead. While best suited to playing on the outside, Clark does not shirk the issue when it is his time to go, winning the contested ball and laying tackles.
AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2012"
User avatar
BackFromUSA
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3679
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 12:38am

Re: The class of 2017 TOP 20 DRAFT PROSPECTS

Postby St Loxton » Wed 19 Apr 2017 11:24pm

Joel Garner, just for the name. Darcy fogarty.
User avatar
St Loxton
Club Player
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Mon 02 Feb 2009 9:50pm
Location: Jindivick

Re: The class of 2017 TOP 20 DRAFT PROSPECTS

Postby Con Gorozidis » Wed 19 Apr 2017 11:35pm

Clark and Garner interest me greatly.

I think we are good for inside mids. Steele, Ross and Acres are going to be good for us for a long time.
User avatar
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 21947
Joined: Thu 19 Jun 2008 4:04pm

Re: The class of 2017 TOP 20 DRAFT PROSPECTS

Postby kalsaint » Thu 20 Apr 2017 3:38am

Il'l wait for the videos. When you check these out, look not just at the feature player in the video but those around him. For example, the champions are those who chase, tackle, catch and create. Bomtempelli and Kelly were excellent in their videos as many other were but they were very much involved in action segments from other players.
To me Bontempelli was always going to be a huge runner and tackler. Kelly was somewhat similar. This somewhat shows up the endurance level and m,ental approach to their game. If done at that age they are winners.
Cripps was another player who worked inside but chased and tackled madly at East Perth. Another good sign and now a young champion at a higher level.

I certainly believe in watching some videos twice to get the overall feel of the players who go one step further and not just express silky skills at the lower standard, lower pressure juniors games.
Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
kalsaint
Club Player
 
Posts: 1693
Joined: Sat 24 Apr 2004 10:24pm
Location: Kalgoorlie WA

Re: The class of 2017 TOP 20 DRAFT PROSPECTS

Postby Zed » Thu 20 Apr 2017 4:25am

No more sub 180 cm shorties please - well not with our first 2 picks anyway. Prefer tall fast midfielders but it looks like there are lots of Key position types this year. wouldn't be unhappy if we took a tall key defender also.
St Kilda - its character building.
Zed
Club Player
 
Posts: 1555
Joined: Sun 28 Mar 2004 1:59pm
Location: by the seaside..

Re: The class of 2017 TOP 20 DRAFT PROSPECTS

Postby Griggsy » Thu 20 Apr 2017 5:35am

Wish they would hold a draft combine now and also later. First because I'm curious and second because it would show those who progress and those who plateau.

I'll take a tall but speedy mid with strong overhead and a lethal foot. Surely not asking too much.
User avatar
Griggsy
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 2524
Joined: Mon 21 Jul 2008 1:41am
Location: WA

Re: The class of 2017 TOP 20 DRAFT PROSPECTS

Postby ace » Thu 20 Apr 2017 8:38am

I'll take the lot thank you. Just put them all in my shopping cart.
The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
User avatar
ace
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 6450
Joined: Sun 16 Dec 2007 3:28pm
Location: St Kilda

Re: The class of 2017 TOP 20 DRAFT PROSPECTS

Postby ace » Thu 20 Apr 2017 10:40am

Wombat15 wrote:https://www.afldraftcentral.com.au/2017/04/19/who-are-the-contenders-for-the-number-one-pick/


Says this years draft pool is THINNER than last year.

Hopefully our two first rounders will get elite talent.
When the talent runs thin we remember that we traded our second rounder to GWS for Jack Steele.

We still have our third and fourth rounder plus Norf's fourth rounder *
Where is Norf on the ladder. (If they stay there it will become around pick 55 on the day)
We sold our 2017 fifth rounder (only 6 off 5th rounders were used in 2016 including 2 compulsory by Hawthorn)

*We traded in Koby Stevens + pick 61 2016 (became pick 56 = Ed Phillips) + Norths 4th round 2017
trading out pick 50 2016 (became pick 49 = Lewis Young) + St Kilda 5th rounder 2017

Did you notice only 12 third rounders were taken in place in 2016.
6 were used by Northern state clubs to get academy players.
Third rounders and early fourth rounders make good currency for teams with academy picks. The effect of the 25% discount improves their value to the Northern club by 33%.
We could bundle one third rounder and 2 fourth rounders to upgrade one of our first rounders or use them in a trade for an elite player from a Northern club.
The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
User avatar
ace
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 6450
Joined: Sun 16 Dec 2007 3:28pm
Location: St Kilda

Re: The class of 2017 TOP 20 DRAFT PROSPECTS

Postby ChrisRyanSaints » Fri 21 Apr 2017 9:34pm

This draft looks so s***.
Any video on Balta? Sounds interesting. Obrien and hunter look pretty b grade. Fogarty shows something id want him but for pick 1? Look at petrevski seton THATS a gun. Like gresham just knows how to play and kick the ball correctly. Hinter and co look awks as.

Trust us to get pick 1 in a s*** 2012 like draft.
ChrisRyanSaints
Club Player
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun 16 Oct 2016 10:18am

Re: The class of 2017 TOP 20 DRAFT PROSPECTS

Postby Myron Gaines » Fri 21 Apr 2017 9:40pm

Cameron Rayner please
Myron Gaines
Club Player
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Tue 15 Mar 2016 7:03pm

Re: The class of 2017 TOP 20 DRAFT PROSPECTS

Postby Bluthy » Fri 21 Apr 2017 11:59pm

I've heard Richo is really keen on this guy:
Jack Boring-Smith:
A slow midfielder with average disposal, nonetheless is a great trier. Coaches have described his junior performances as "pleasing" and "really strong for us". Always trains the house down and focuses on putting on a lot of pressure. Does well in time trials and racks up pressure points for breakfast. Will never come back from the off-season with a muffin top so will be in the team from the get go and never be dropped even when he averages 15 possessions. Is solid, boring and pedestrian so is right up the alley of a conservative coach of a middling team who prefers fitness for his swarm game style over skillful disposal and creativity. Red, white and black stripes suits his look. Looking to play with as many other Jacks as is possible in order to disappear into the crowd. Needs a club with a lot of room in their salary cap so can be overpaid initially. Will probably be kept out by an older forward being played in the midfield as the coach is scared of losing older players so will play them anywhere. Must be content to play in the VFL for years as doesn't expect to go to a club that is being bold with its youth policy but instead trying to hedge its bets by drafting in 29 y.o defenders as if they could win a flag in the next two years. Enjoys prostitutes, drug addicts, dodgy beaches and ridiculously crowded festivals where they will almost certainly be pickpocketed.
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4068
Joined: Wed 29 May 2013 8:05pm

Re: The class of 2017 TOP 20 DRAFT PROSPECTS

Postby RODOS » Sat 22 Apr 2017 12:53am

Zed wrote:No more sub 180 cm shorties please - well not with our first 2 picks anyway. Prefer tall fast midfielders but it looks like there are lots of Key position types this year. wouldn't be unhappy if we took a tall key defender also.

Yeah Imagine if we got another gresham. Urrrgh, not for me.

Bluthy wrote:I've heard Richo is really keen on this guy:
Jack Boring-Smith:
A slow midfielder with average disposal, nonetheless is a great trier. Coaches have described his junior performances as "pleasing" and "really strong for us". Always trains the house down and focuses on putting on a lot of pressure. Does well in time trials and racks up pressure points for breakfast. Will never come back from the off-season with a muffin top so will be in the team from the get go and never be dropped even when he averages 15 possessions. Is solid, boring and pedestrian so is right up the alley of a conservative coach of a middling team who prefers fitness for his swarm game style over skillful disposal and creativity. Red, white and black stripes suits his look. Looking to play with as many other Jacks as is possible in order to disappear into the crowd. Needs a club with a lot of room in their salary cap so can be overpaid initially. Will probably be kept out by an older forward being played in the midfield as the coach is scared of losing older players so will play them anywhere. Must be content to play in the VFL for years as doesn't expect to go to a club that is being bold with its youth policy but instead trying to hedge its bets by drafting in 29 y.o defenders as if they could win a flag in the next two years. Enjoys prostitutes, drug addicts, dodgy beaches and ridiculously crowded festivals where they will almost certainly be pickpocketed.

The only reason I read all that is so I could be 100% certain you have no clue.
RODOS
Club Player
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu 18 Apr 2013 11:13pm

Re: The class of 2017 TOP 20 DRAFT PROSPECTS

Postby White Winmar » Sat 22 Apr 2017 2:14am

You forgot he likes burning dwarves.
I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
User avatar
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5014
Joined: Tue 02 Jun 2009 10:02pm

Re: The class of 2017 TOP 20 DRAFT PROSPECTS

Postby borderbarry » Sat 22 Apr 2017 2:07pm

Cameron Rayner or Joel Garner with our first pick, Oscar Claverino or Noah Balta with our other first rounder.
User avatar
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 6674
Joined: Mon 19 Apr 2004 11:22pm
Location: Wodonga


Return to Saintsational Fan Forum (open to all ages)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], L.A. Saint and 6 guests