Cameron Mooney - a lowly meat head

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Re: BT - Brian Taylor

Postby the dome » Fri 21 Apr 2017 6:10pm

[quote="Waltzing St Kilda"]We should start a thread on dumb footballers who for some reason are allowed to become dumb football commentators.

The one commentator who has me diving for the mute button when the Saints are playing is the one & only Brian Taylor 'B.T'. Look he is probably a good guy but he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the mic. Brian's commentary style is best left for the pub. It comes across as just another example of how cheap & nasty Ch. 7 always is. I didn't mention dumbing down but there must be a stack of alternative commentators with more to offer than Brian.
anyway there you have it. :(

G O S A I N T S !
the dome
Club Player

Postby saynta » Fri 21 Apr 2017 6:44pm

the dome wrote:
Waltzing St Kilda wrote:We should start a thread on dumb footballers who for some reason are allowed to become dumb football commentators.

The one commentator who has me diving for the mute button when the Saints are playing is the one & only Brian Taylor 'B.T'. Look he is probably a good guy but he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the mic. Brian's commentary style is best left for the pub. It comes across as just another example of how cheap & nasty Ch. 7 always is. I didn't mention dumbing down but there must be a stack of alternative commentators with more to offer than Brian.

G O S A I N T S !

I agree with you.

Except, I think the guy is a real creep and not a good guy at all.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Cameron Mooney - a lowly meat head

Postby Dave McNamara » Fri 21 Apr 2017 10:59pm

I heard a replay of that segment. A Sainta actually rang in, and put forward some of the arguments expressed above.

The Moon-man then changed his rating of Seb's game, and declared it the best midfielder's game of the round.

So we can cut him some slack, at least this time. :)
It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hArSps&feature=player_detailpage

Matt Finnis CEO wrote:"St Kilda is an iconic part of Melbourne which has an identifiable attitude and spirit that is really aligned with where we want to take the club. It is grounded but it is aspirational, it is eclectic, everyone belongs, and we say how do we capture that as an identity? It would be a good move on so many levels for the club."
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Postby SaintPav » Sat 22 Apr 2017 1:04am

Dave McNamara wrote:I heard a replay of that segment. A Sainta actually rang in, and put forward some of the arguments expressed above.

The Moon-man then changed his rating of Seb's game, and declared it the best midfielder's game of the round.

So we can cut him some slack, at least this time. :)

Get off it Dave. What choice did he have when he was confronted with the truth?

Just shows that he was unprepared and misinformed.

Double meat head.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Postby elizabethr » Sat 22 Apr 2017 1:46am

One of the best commentators.
nothing to say
elizabethr
Club Player

Postby White Winmar » Sat 22 Apr 2017 2:16am

elizabethr wrote:One of the best commentators.

I trust that comment is laced with sarcasm, elizabethr?
I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Postby satchmo » Sat 22 Apr 2017 11:13am

White Winmar wrote:
elizabethr wrote:One of the best commentators.

I trust that comment is laced with sarcasm, elizabethr?

Somebody's going to sleep in today. Hopefully the neighbours are renovating.
*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Postby The Fireman » Sat 22 Apr 2017 11:34am

Mooney was a dirty sniper...never hit anyone that was looking at him.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Postby Sainternist » Sat 22 Apr 2017 4:05pm

The Fireman wrote:Mooney was a dirty sniper...never hit anyone that was looking at him.

There were a few of them at Geelong then. Then there's that parasite Cameron Ling at Channel 7. How did these dumbasses get jobs in the media after their careers. We are living in the era of AFL idiocracy!
The Saints are looking prettay...prettay...prettay...PRETTY GOOD!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Postby Rosco » Sat 22 Apr 2017 11:50pm

saynta wrote:
the dome wrote:
Waltzing St Kilda wrote:We should start a thread on dumb footballers who for some reason are allowed to become dumb football commentators.

G O S A I N T S !

I agree with you.

Except, I think the guy is a real creep and not a good guy at all.

there's daylight between dwayne russell and BT for horrible commentating.
Rosco
Club Player

Postby leighsaintsince66 » Sun 23 Apr 2017 1:05am

Cam lost me in his early days of reporting on the radio, not long after his retirement. He was talking about how much greater Nick R may have been if he'd been fed by Geelong's, rather than our midfield. That really put me off. There is no doubt that Banger, Aussie, Lenny, Dal, BJ, Joey etc. had (or have!) exquisite skills, by foot and hand. Further, Nick has never been anything like a stationary target (relying on being fed). He has been / is an incredible running machine. I doubt there has ever been a CHF who has covered as much ground as Nick over the journey. Needless to say, he has had some great team mates as well.
leighsaintsince66

Postby Sainter_Dad » Sun 23 Apr 2017 2:20pm

Sainternist wrote:Then there's that parasite Cameron Ling at Channel 7. How did these dumbasses get jobs in the media after their careers. We are living in the era of AFL idiocracy!

Let us never forget the translation of Ling from Thai is ......

monkey ; ape ; macaque
“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes
Sainter_Dad
SS Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Saintsational Fan Forum (open to all ages)