Roberton

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stkfc1
Club Player

Re: Roberton

Linton Lodger wrote:Noticed it in the JLT. That's quite a back six we're developing. Roberton had a mighty game today.
I know it early days but I belive we may end up having one of the best defensive units by the end of the year. Who, in people's opinion, currently has the best back six in the game?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Adelaide

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

roskilde wrote:(Sorry, I'll lay off the Transformer references.) :)
Good idea. Best to leave the trannies to Pluggsy. :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Great game by Robo.

Unfortunately I think that there will be few other coaches in the AFL besides Buckley who will be content to let Robo run around by himself for a whole game.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

On the Couch last night, they nominated him and Elliott Yeo as the AA half back flanks.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
SuperDuper
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote:On the Couch last night, they nominated him and Elliott Yeo as the AA half back flanks.
In good form... gets a few cheap posessions and some of them are not very effective in setting up play... his marking is key, IMHO... has continued to improve that part of his game including being third man up

is much better without Savage and Montagna playing as rebound defenders, IMO, as they are quite loose and I think a team can really only afford 1 of that type...some can defend and attack but Savage and Joey dont do that well .. (while Joey stilll clearly adds value as a mid/wing).. Roberton can loose his man and having another of ghat type is too much IMO
Last edited by SuperDuper on Tue 18 Apr 2017 10:09am, edited 1 time in total.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

roskilde wrote: What is it about Jimmy you don't rate?

I've always been impressed by the guy -- though, granted, I only get to see his game time.

Great kick, good under pressure and not that error prone.

I don't think he's a great kick.

He's a relatively safe kick - but he isn't at the level where he takes risks with his kicking and makes them.

That's what we really need back there. Roberton is a very safe kick, but also doesn't take big risks.

Ideally, we'd have an Aussie Jones type attacking defender who is good enough by foot to make the high risk-high reward kicks out of defence.