Where is Riewoldt amoungst our all time greats?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

one point
Club Player

Re: Where is Riewoldt amoungst our all time greats?

The OtherThommo wrote:I don't give 2 hoots that Doc had a short career, he made this footy club (on and off ground). Jeansy said it, and he was far from alone.

I used to watch WoS on Sundee mornings, and the ONLY player who could pull up their bs was Doc. When he turned up, everyone else shut up.

A gem of a footballer, and a gem of a man. We don't win in '66 if he doesn't sit on the bench in the final round.

All the rest is futile argument and relativism.

No better man ever represented this footy club.

And, if he had swapped places with Stewart, rather than being bashed from pillar to post as the world's shortest CHF (yet, most effective, to that time), his career would not only have gone on a lot longer, he would have won 5 Brownlow Medals.
+ 1
THE BEST FOOTBALLER I HAVE EVER SEEN, BAR NONE.

And, quite probably the finest individual from the upper echelons of sport it has ever been my privilege to spend some time with.

Edited for the P.S. - I hold Roo in such high regard, as much as I loved Banger and Lenny, and revered Plugger's kit, I reckon Roo now is Doc's 2nd in regard - the man is a giant of the game, and so damn worthy of respect.