Paddy Whackas, enough already!!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stonecold
SS Life Member

Paddy Whackas, enough already!!!!!

Give the kid a break, he'll be a super player, just needs time and experience!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: Paddy Whackas, enough already!!!!!

Knick Knack to the Paddy Whacks!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

So are you going to give Frawley and Dal Santo a whack ?

Seeya
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

stonecold wrote:Give the kid a break, he'll be a super player, just needs time and experience!!!!!
Disagree stonecold we need at least 3 more Paddy bashing threads this week! So we can start again and start another 10 different ones next week.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
stonecold
SS Life Member

sunsaint wrote:So are you going to give Frawley and Dal Santo a whack ?
How is that Whacking Spud and/or Dal?????

Read the other thread maybe!!!!!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Seriously?

stonecold
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:Seriously?
Seriously f****** What????? Whacking me now too, might as well, haven't left anyone else out, have ya?????

Not very supportive are you?????

Paddy WILL stick up you!!!!!

Ever played high level sport?????

stonecold
SS Life Member

stonecold wrote:
BigMart wrote:Seriously?
Seriously f****** What????? Whacking me now too, might as well, haven't left anyone else out, have ya?????

Not very supportive are you?????

Paddy WILL stick up you!!!!!

Ever played high level sport?????
No comment?????

Now there's something you don't see every day!!!!!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Depends on what you consider high level?

I have played footy and cricket for 30 years... still going... in my 40s

stonecold
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:Depends on what you consider high level?

High level for me is State Level, National Level, that's what I consider high level!!!!!

Still going at National Level myself, but good on you for staying active for so long!!!!!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Good for you...

Do you want me to be impressed by that?

Is this a pissing contest??
Played Teal Cup footy, State League footy in three states, EFL, Ammos, District Cricket blah blah blah... so what?!

I play most sports, I teach them everyday - it's my job

Now I play sport for enjoyment - had my day!

stonecold
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:Good for you...

Do you want me to be impressed by that?

Is this a pissing contest??
Played Teal Cup footy, State League footy in three states, EFL, Ammos, District Cricket blah blah blah... so what?!

I play most sports, I teach them everyday - it's my job

Now I play sport for enjoyment - had my day!
Yeah, blah blah, just offering you s challenge as a bit of fun, don't care if your impressed our not, don't need your blessing chief, I still play sport for enjoyment, just happens to still be at National Level, as I said before though, good on you for still being a participant?????

At only 183cm, I'm ripping your not key position player and never.have been, so you really know very little about playing such position!!!!!

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Leave the tit for tat out thanks guys. Further posts in this ongoing dispute will draw a warning for each one. Three warnings and a two week holiday is yours.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Fair enough, happy to wait for PM from the other party and deal with it from there!!!!!

stonecold
SS Life Member

Nice to see Johno Brown go into bat for Paddy, whilst BrownDog airnt the sharpest tool in the drawer, he is more qualified than most to comment on Paddy, also nice to see our skipper come out and not only support Paddy, but also pump he's tyres up a little!!!!!

Holds more weight than any of the so-called legends here!!!!!

loris
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:Nice to see Johno Brown go into bat for Paddy, whilst BrownDog airnt the sharpest tool in the drawer, he is more qualified than most to comment on Paddy, also nice to see our skipper come out and not only support Paddy, but also pump he's tyres up a little!!!!!

Scott, the Geelong coach went in to bat for Paddy tonight, on 360 and also for Moore the young Collingwood forward. It was good that Richo didn't have to battle for Paddy, Scott did. That shut Robbio's questioning up very quickly.

The main point Scott made. As young recruits big forwards have been kids playing against schoolboys. Then they come into the AFL and they are not only playing against men, but full backs, centre half back who are usually the most hardened season players in the opposing team. He was confident giving Paddy time he'll make it - he's shown he's got the tricks!

ace
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Depends on what you consider high level?

I play my sport at an International level, even at 3,820 metres above sea level at the Kleine Matterhorn. Is that a high enough level? ..... still skiing ..... getting discounted lift passes for being over 65 at some resorts.
Despite arthritis suppressed with methotrexate, folic acid and a NSAID, type 2 diabetes with metformin, osteoporisis with vitamin D and Prolia, pills to correct high blood pressure and cholesterol as well.
Hey, I make the Essendopes appear innocent.
And way overweight to boot (when will they cure this with a pill).
When you give up on sport, you give up on life.
Last edited by ace on Tue 18 Apr 2017 7:08am, edited 3 times in total.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:Leave the tit for tat out thanks guys. Further posts in this ongoing dispute will draw a warning for each one. Three warnings and a two week holiday is yours.
Bust an opponents ribs with a late hit and you get two minutes, not even that long according to MRP.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

I play my sport at an International level, even at 3,820 metres above sea level at the Kleine Matterhorn. Is that a high enough level? ..... still skiing ..... getting discounted lift passes for being over 65 at some resorts.
Despite arthritis suppressed with methotrexate, folic acid and a NSAID, type 2 diabetes with metformin, osteoporisis with vitamin D and Prolia, pills to correct high blood pressure and cholesterol as well.
Hey, I make the Essendopes appear innocent.
And way overweight to boot (when will they cure this with a pill).
When you give up on sport, you give up on life.

:D
classic.
well written Sir.

(so glad i dont have to write it !!)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

stonecold wrote:Nice to see Johno Brown go into bat for Paddy, whilst BrownDog airnt the sharpest tool in the drawer, he is more qualified than most to comment on Paddy, also nice to see our skipper come out and not only support Paddy, but also pump he's tyres up a little!!!!!

If Paddy ends up half as good as Brown that'll do me. Brown has been consistent on Paddy, has always said he'll be a star. Unfortunately, the greater experts on here disagree. In fact anyone I've met that knows the game say the same and advise patience. The big boys take longer (Lockett & Riewoldt were freaks).

To take an overweight, not quick and average by foot midfielder with our No.1 pick would have been negligent. Leave that crap to excitable boofheads like Terry Wallace.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Don't forget Kosi, LL. Won the Rising Star in his first year and held down CHB. What a player he should've and could've been, but for the cowardly snipe that curtailed his career. He was on fire in late 2005. He was on his way to absolute stardom. Another freak who, as a big man, made an impact straight away. Typical of big blokes, his second year was blighted by a back injury that was poorly managed by the club, but once he was over it, it was full steam ahead. In he and Roo we had another Plugger/buckets double on our hands.

He was never the same after the Gia hit. It's a credit to him that he ended up with a career that was as good as it was. The tragedy was it could have been so much better. We often speculate that missing Judd cost us a flag or two. I can't help thinking that the hit on Kosi might have cost us the same. As for Paddy, he has plenty of time. He has the ability to be very good. I hope his body can keep up.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

White Winmar wrote:Don't forget Kosi, LL. Won the Rising Star in his first year and held down CHB. What a player he should've and could've been, but for the cowardly snipe that curtailed his career. He was on fire in late 2005. He was on his way to absolute stardom. Another freak who, as a big man, made an impact straight away. Typical of big blokes, his second year was blighted by a back injury that was poorly managed by the club, but once he was over it, it was full steam ahead. In he and Roo we had another Plugger/buckets double on our hands.

He was never the same after the Gia hit. It's a credit to him that he ended up with a career that was as good as it was. The tragedy was it could have been so much better. We often speculate that missing Judd cost us a flag or two. I can't help thinking that the hit on Kosi might have cost us the same. As for Paddy, he has plenty of time. He has the ability to be very good. I hope his body can keep up.
You don't have to sell me on Kosi, I loved the big fella. He is underestimated as it is, however, he never reached the heights he did in 2005 again. That second half of the season in 2005 was the best footy I'd seen by an individual at St Kilda since, well, Tony Lockett. He was incredible, just dominated games in the ruck and forward.

Was it the cracked skull sustained from Gia? Hard to tell, apparantly his peripheral vision was sub par at draft camp. We also had a change of Coach and game plan. Kosi was a ruckman, resting forward. Gee he would have gone nicely in tandum with Gardiner. Ross played him as a full forward which he wasn't. I sometimes wonder if that's why he sort of fell away.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:
You don't have to sell me on Kosi, I loved the big fella. He is underestimated as it is, however, he never reached the heights he did in 2005 again. That second half of the season in 2005 was the best footy I'd seen by an individual at St Kilda since, well, Tony Lockett. He was incredible, just dominated games in the ruck and forward.

Was it the cracked skull sustained from Gia? Hard to tell, apparantly his peripheral vision was sub par at draft camp. We also had a change of Coach and game plan. Kosi was a ruckman, resting forward. Gee he would have gone nicely in tandum with Gardiner. Ross played him as a full forward which he wasn't. I sometimes wonder if that's why he sort of fell away.
Wasn't a big fan of Kosi in the latter years of his career. Thought he was way over-rated on the back of his 4 game, 11 Brownlow vote streak in, what was it, 2004. I thought he played a lot of games where he just went totally missing. Yet RL kept on playing him. There was a conga line of excuses rolled out for his sub-par performances. It went on for years.

Then after he retired, I read an interview with him where he revealed that for the last half of his career he didn't enjoy playing, didn't enjoy footy at all. That explained a lot. The guy was doing a job he didn't enjoy or like. Sad that he kept playing in those circumstances. What club wants to have playing every week a guy who doesn't really want to be there? His interview read as a fella who loved to muck around with the boys and that element of enjoyment had been taken out of the game.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I've no doubt he suffered a debilitating brain injury in the Gia collision. It happened right in front of me and my daughter. She was only 11 at the time and she was genuinely distressed by it, especially the crunching sound of the hit. I posted on here when I first came on that Kosi showed very worrying physical symptoms for at least three years after it. having worked a bit with ABI victims, I couldn't help feeling he was in a similar boat.

A lot of ABI's aren't devastatingly debilitating and have subtle, but significant effects on the person. In elite sport, you only need a drop in efficiency of around 5% to be noticeably less able than you were. In ordinary, everyday life, this deficiency
can be absorbed without too much difference to your functioning, but not in a sport as brutal as AFL. I think, watching Kosi post incident, his mood was affected, as well as his cognition, awareness and alertness. All classic signs of the effects of ABI. No wonder he didn't enjoy the latter half of his career. There is a certain amount of post traumatic stress that also goes with it.

Some people find it impossible to get in a car again after a bad accident. Some people don't like crowds after being assaulted. Even if the effect is subconscious, which it often is, it can still be very debilitating. I worked with a lot of coppers who were like that. I have some of those traits as well, having been badly flogged in a brawl as a young detective, resulting in a fractured skull, nose and cheekbone. I reckon it changed me. Some on here would say I'm still badly affected! It shows in some intemperate and impulsive posts, particularly when there is a perceived threat. That should be ridiculous as this is merely an Internet forum, but it shows the insidious effect of head trauma. I fear Kosi went through something similar. What a shame. A champion bloke and potential champion footballer, who had a lot of the joy in his life snatched away by a spineless sniper. Football's version of the one punch serious assault/manslaughter.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for that WW. No need to convince me of the effects of PTSD. I know it very well. Makes total sense in what you are saying about Kosi.
The lack of awareness of the depth of the impact of trauma also explains the 1001 excuses that were rolled out to try and explain his form drop off. If, in reality it was as you have described, that would explain it totally. Bummer of an outcome for Kosi and the club. Seems to be a ripper bloke.