Ben Long

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vazelos
Club Player

Ben Long

A massive sign Ben Long placed as an emergency without playing a game excites me in a big way.
Fast, aggressive talented 2 way forward flankers play a massive role in the modern game.
When I see Wright or Lonie ( who has played well) I don't see them part of our finals future teams.
The quicker this kid comes in the better and I have a feeling we may have picked a beauty.
The indigenous flair that Gresham is providing is something we lack and Long will be another welcome addition.
I think Sinclair has a chance to make a future as a part time mid fielder and forward but not so bullish on Wright, Minchington or Lonie although they all have their good attributes.
I want to see Long, Koby Stevens in the team and I hope Mc kenzie can get some games this year but it seems Gilbert is keeping him out.
I think the selection committee got it wrong not picking Acres Round1 thankfully they corrected that the next week.
Interesting month ahead....

Wombat15
Club Player

Re: Ben Long

Based on the fact my mates Brother went to school with him. He has a good head on his shoulders, i believe he was apart of the leadership team for NT Thunder etc. I can see why the doggies wanted him with their Second Rounder. Cant wait to see him on the park and terrorising forward lines with his tackling and pressure.

Vazelos
Club Player

He captained a NT team in a State carnival I believe so you are right he is a strong good leader and character.
You look at Cyril Rioli and now Daniel Rioli at Richmond and what Eddie Betts delivers at the Crows and you just know we need this type of talent in our forward line. Gresham has been a revelation already, a great get at pick 18 compared to the underwhelming pick 3 thus far Billings. It's only a matter of time.

silverhalo
Club Player

Can't wait to see Ben Long play, looks VERY exciting. Just needs to temper his aggression a bit, been suspended a number of times already in his short career in NT and again in the VFL Grand Final last year. Love those guys that have the fire in the belly but he's no good to us sitting in the stands.

supersaints
Club Player

Richmonds improvement this yearis is through adding a mosquito fleet that are danderous around goal, that have manic forward pressure, Hardwuck just copies ( or tries to copy What the premiers did the year before, he is so unoriginal)

I think Long will cement himself a spot. When Gresham goes forward to join him I think they will give the opposition a great headache along next to our talls

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!