Our best 22- Still a Work in Progress

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vazelos
Club Player

Our best 22- Still a Work in Progress

The Saints Premiership plan had 2018-20 as the Premiership window with end of 2017 being the time to nail a free agency big fish recruit. Mega stars Fyfe or Martin or a level below like a Whitfield and how close will we be?
Mc Cartin, Billings, Hickey and others are not at this early stage of 2017 shown much...
I predict Ben Long and Koby Stevens will be on the side before too long and Mc kenzie is someone that will bust down the door as well. It's been a strange start to this year and even today was an ugly win.
So many guys not cemented as long term players yet, still a lot of work to do.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Our best 22- Still a Work in Progress

I agree. We've got some holes, but we're not trying to win the flag this year. In my opinion our biggest need is for classy, skilled mids with line breaking speed. Armo, Dunstan, Steele and Stevens are solid players but Jack Steven is our only true A grader. With two first round picks (that could be top 10) and potential for a free agent if we could pick up two or three this year it coukd dramatically improve our side.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
Vazelos
Club Player

Agree totally Remboy. Classy skilled line breakers and they are called elite a graders or the old term is champion mid fielders.

ChrisRyanSaints
Club Player

Relax. Ffs watch next week. Today we were in first gear.