A win

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

A win

There are no easy games. Take the win. Will give the boys a lot of confidence.
P.S. For all the doubters out there it is only round 3.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: A win

Especially when you kick like drunks and your best players are the eldest.

Great signs for our future!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Vazelos
Club Player

Jack Steele and Blake Acres are very good... Gresham is a star.. I am waiting for a look at at Ben Long and Koby Stevens there is some decent talent still to come in and let's not forget Jack Stevens and David Armitage to come back.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:There are no easy games. Take the win. Will give the boys a lot of confidence.
P.S. For all the doubters out there it is only round 3.
Yep.

Thanks for that tony74.

Some of the negative s*** on here is appalling.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Tony

For 2 quarters, against possible wooden spooners, an interstate team on our home deck we were beaten easily for two qtrs

Average performance, we were lucky brisbane never had the fire power to take advantage of their midfield and HB dominance
Ffs their key forwards were both second year players
At half time
Beams, Rockliff, Rich, Zorko had over 80 between them
Our leading possession winners
Roo 34 on a wing with 16
Joey 33 off HB with 15

Our conversion was appalling again and really...

Yes we won... but didn't play well for over half the game against inferior opponents

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

BigMart wrote:Tony

For 2 quarters, against possible wooden spooners, an interstate team on our home deck we were beaten easily for two qtrs

Average performance, we were lucky brisbane never had the fire power to take advantage of their midfield and HB dominance
Ffs their key forwards were both second year players
At half time
Beams, Rockliff, Rich, Zorko had over 80 between them
Our leading possession winners
Roo 34 on a wing with 16
Joey 33 off HB with 15

Our conversion was appalling again and really...

Yes we won... but didn't play well for over half the game against inferior opponents
Agreed. But last week we played better for 70% of the game--- and lost.
Take the win and move on.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Sorry mate,

I want more than a win against a basket case, after a three year rebuild... I want us to be a good team

On what I've seen, that we are not, not by a long stretch... in fact, if you were honest, you'd have to agree that we are disappointing at this point in time

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Happy to get the 4 points, albeit an underwhelming performance....we're travelling better than Hawthorn and Sydney...

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:Especially when you kick like drunks and your best players are the eldest.

Great signs for our future!
It's great that our eldest players are the great players they are. One of them, one of the greatest of all time. Always will be one of our best players as long as he plays because nobody else will ever be as good as he is great.

The great sign for our future is that our young players are learning the game while playing with both of them.

Saint supporter since '62
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Sorry mate,

I want more than a win against a basket case, after a three year rebuild... I want us to be a good team

On what I've seen, that we are not, not by a long stretch... in fact, if you were honest, you'd have to agree that we are disappointing at this point in time
Yes. A win's a win, but it's also a barometer of how we're going. The plain truth is: right now we're not going well.

BonoRocks
Club Player

This website has become such a p1ssing contest. So much negativity. So many keyboard experts. Life isn't perfect we won let's see how we develop as the year goes on. Can't knock their effort and let's hope we kick straighter. We should go alright if we do. To think we got 2 first round picks and money for free agency we are going ok.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Roo is a champion....

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

BonoRocks wrote:This website has become such a p1ssing contest. So much negativity. So many keyboard experts. Life isn't perfect we won let's see how we develop as the year goes on.
So when we perform poorly, do you get more or less confident that we're on the right track?

Personally, I get less confident, but that's just me. Maybe you like seeing poor performances because it gives you faith that this group might win a flag one day?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Sorry mate,

Played in the heat in Perth last week and ran our arse off and clubs have always struggled backing up after Perth trips let alone in the arvo heat. Brisbane are very much up and about like most teams that change coaches early in the season. Not the best effort but over 30 shots on goal showed we clearly had the better of the game.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Tony

Thoughts on billings and paddy?

#1 Ryder fan
BonoRocks
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
BonoRocks wrote:This website has become such a p1ssing contest. So much negativity. So many keyboard experts. Life isn't perfect we won let's see how we develop as the year goes on.
So when we perform poorly, do you get more or less confident that we're on the right track?

Personally, I get less confident, but that's just me. Maybe you like seeing poor performances because it gives you faith that this group might win a flag one day?
For 18 months we've been trending upwards, last week we were pretty solid and lost blame kicking or umpires or whatever. Win next week we are 2/2 and not all doom and gloom. The egos on here it gets very tiresome reading. One wonders why a few inside the club bother posting anything with the bs they get back from people. Life isn't all doom like it reads on here.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

So we can only say glowing things?

Sounds like big footy where everything is like that lego movie song.... except our ladder position

We come here to discuss and analyse... don't we?

Consensus is, we are not performing... should we bulls*** ourselves into thinking otherwise????

Maybe lower our expectations to the level of the 80s where we celebrated wins like premierships and were a laughing stock

If it's alright with you sir, I'll say it exactly how it is, not how I want it to be....

Griggsy
SS Life Member

I've calmed down, we had more behinds then they had scoring shots. Could have been 60-70 point demolition but I'll take the 30 and hope we turn it around and spank the pies

suss
Club Player

I wonder how much last week's game and the travel took it out of us. Not wanting to make excuses but it must've been a tough game to get over ...

BonoRocks
Club Player

BigMart wrote:So we can only say glowing things?

Sounds like big footy where everything is like that lego movie song.... except our ladder position

We come here to discuss and analyse... don't we?

Consensus is, we are not performing... should we bulls*** ourselves into thinking otherwise????

Maybe lower our expectations to the level of the 80s where we celebrated wins like premierships and were a laughing stock

If it's alright with you sir, I'll say it exactly how it is, not how I want it to be....
Say what you like mate as you do. I actually like reading your posts, generally great inside and footy smart. But we won and life isn't perfect what people seem to expect. to come on here and it's all negative after a win that if we kick straight we win by 15 goals. It's like seriously cheer up people. Let's talk who played well rather than the other. Save that for the losses. If everyone is right we'll have a few lol.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

it's just a game- But I love it
and a Win is to be savoured--- I still remember the years of very few

But given we could be coping with differant situations if someone somewhere else in the world pushes the wrong button or misfires

I will just enjoy each win

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Returning from a game played in Perth in the summer heat, our two key midfielders out injured (three if you include Koby Stevens), combined with the fact that Brisbane are really not a bad side. They've got some seriously talented youngsters. Good luck to them. As long as they don't beat us I am happy for them to show a bit for their Royboy supporters.
At present we are not a finals bound team this season. But we have improved on our poor years from 2012-2015, and will finish mid-table again this season. We need to use our two top ten draft picks very carefully this year, because it will be years before we get this opportunity again.
I had a good time at the footy today and the signs are okay. Plus it looks as if we picked the right year to trade for the Hawker's first round draft pick, doesn't it?
Last edited by samuraisaint on Sun 09 Apr 2017 10:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Winning ugly is still winning.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

BonoRocks wrote:to come on here and it's all negative after a win that if we kick straight we win by 15 goals.
If I had ten million bucks I'd take a helicopter to games, but I don't. We keep kicking terribly, at some point it has to be a trend.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

saintbrat wrote:it's just a game- But I love it
and a Win is to be savoured--- I still remember the years of very few

But given we could be coping with differant situations if someone somewhere else in the world pushes the wrong button or misfires

I will just enjoy each win
A gem.