We need to talk about Paddy.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: We need to talk about Paddy.

Johnny, WW.

Please leave the personal tit for tat aside. It's turning into an ongoing dispute, which is grounds for a two week holiday. Please stick to the topic and leave the personal put downs out. Thanks.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Johnny Be Good, Be Good, Be Good, Johnny Be Good, Be Good, Be Good Johnny!!!!! ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Great Song!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar's OP is a very well articulated argument. I can't help but agreeing more after the second time reading it. There's a fair bit of optimism in there. I'm still willing to be patient on this matter. At this stage, I just want to see the new generation of players give it a red hot go and bring us an exciting brand of footy to watch. Of course, a premiership would be a bonus!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Wombat15
Club Player

Dont get me wrong i want to see our young players do well and i've done my best to be optimistic even when the d**khead watters requested we trade for TDL.
I think the overriding theme for Paddy is we havent got much back in return for what we've given.
Season 1: I can understand him having a rough year that debut game was a nightmare. In the wet against the pies and a 45 minute call up.
Season 2: Performed well early against the Dons, Freo and the Hawks with the massive grab. But suffered a few head knocks.
Season 3: Just looks slower, Bad hands.
To be fair hasnt had the easiest of starts to his career but in my eyes he's too friendly. Just looks like hes happy to be there. You look at every other FF in the league and they have a bit of grunt and F-U factor about them.
I guess growing up and seeing the likes of Hammil, Gehrig, Kosi (with his crash the pack (inc take out roo) mentality) we want to see the same thing in paddy. The brisbane game was frustrating. i was hoping coming in this was the game for him to stamp his name in the side and show why he was pick 1. instead he looked sloppy and dropped an easy mark at the start.

I think theres a combination of factors with this kid. taking out the health implications.
He still hasnt kicked more than 2 goals in a game yet and is yet to show the rag dolling i saw him give Rance in his first season. Goes missing for large portions of the game. Theres also a side issue of they havent established who the main forward is. Ideally i want to see Paddy having the 50, then skunk and bruce are secondary targets but i dont know. but getting him to play up the ground really is ineffective to his skill set.

im still hopeful for the kid as we all should be. I just want to see the game where he goes this is why im pick 1. which im hoping is a 10-15 mark game where he kicks 5+.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Last round last year he was really stiff, 2 goals in the first few minutes, then broke his collar bone.

He could have kicked 4-5 that day and we may not of been having this discussion.

Given I'm talking about a 'could of' but realistically he's a young bloke that has only played 18 games and has some pretty bad luck.

Doesn't mean he's going to be a champion, but imo he's definitely shown enough glimpses to suggest that he going to be a gun.

Just keeping in mind, that when Roo began starring in his 2nd and 3rd seasons, we had Fraser and Sammy as our key forwards. They took the 1st and 2nd defenders every week allowing Roo to play a HF flanker like role.

Whereas Paddy is getting the oppositions best or second best defender every week as a 18 game 20yo veteran.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

i thought we were talking about Paddy..not 2 bitches slapping each other.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:i thought we were talking about Paddy..not 2 bitches slapping each other.
Ooh! I'm gonna give you such a slap for that! :D

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:Johnny, WW.

Please leave the personal tit for tat aside. It's turning into an ongoing dispute, which is grounds for a two week holiday. Please stick to the topic and leave the personal put downs out. Thanks.
It's a fair cop, Guv. The prosecution respectfully withdraws.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
The Fireman wrote:i thought we were talking about Paddy..not 2 bitches slapping each other.
Ooh! I'm gonna give you such a slap for that! :D
It's like a Bavarian slap dance around here... :wink: