Sean Dempster might be quiting

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Sean Dempster might be quiting

Just saw on the Footy show that Dempster is weighing up playing again. Watch this space

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Re: Sean Dempster might be quiting

DJ Higgins wrote:Just saw on the Footy show that Dempster is weighing up playing again. Watch this space
Saw the same thing. Urgggh - just when we think we're controversy-free. Really hope Sean's ok - he's been amazing for us.

Go you red, black & white warriors
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Something fishy going on here.

Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Perth doesnt get the show till later, 3 hours behind
is the "news" from Purple?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Might just be struggling and can't get himself up.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Not sure why he's been left out?

Still clearly on of our best players, easily the best defender?!

Very strange imo

SuperSaint
Club Player

Well you know I can't blame the guy. He has been excellent all last year as a defender and so professional in his preparation, so imagine how anyone would feel when he gets overlooked for both Carlisle and Brown. They were both pretty poor and second efforts were few and far between. Our coach has made some strange selections at times but this one was a slap in the face. Decisions like this can derail clubs. Brown is very slow and not a shadow of the player Dempster has been on recent form.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

SuperSaint wrote:Well you know I can't blame the guy. He has been excellent all last year as a defender and so professional in his preparation, so imagine how anyone would feel when he gets overlooked for both Carlisle and Brown. They were both pretty poor and second efforts were few and far between. Our coach has made some strange selections at times but this one was a slap in the face. Decisions like this can derail clubs. Brown is very slow and not a shadow of the player Dempster has been on recent form.
Richo is keeping Brown to justify drafting him.
To drop him would be to admit he was wrong.

If Brown can't hold back the storm surge, AR is just going to play the blame game-
"our midfield pressure wasn't strong", he will say.

Seen this happen at one workplace. Boss had some favourites who could get away with stuff that others would get warnings for.
He has his favourites.
Dunstan does not play VFL, ever. Injured, recovers, straight back into seniors.
Roberton is very similar. Ankle last year about Rd 3 or 4, he came back quickly.
Last edited by WellardSaint on Wed 29 Mar 2017 9:41pm, edited 1 time in total.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Don't know where he got that one from, definitely wouldn't have been from Shinner. Had a slight injury, looked good at training yesterday.
Doesn't give much away our Sean.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

I'm sure it hasn't just been made up.

Richo made a comment a couple of weeks back that I thought was strange at the time. After being asked a question about Dempster not playing (think it was the last match of the JLT series). It was along the lines of "Sean made the decision not to play".......... at the time I thought it a little strange as there was no mention of being sore/rested. And I've been concerned because there has been a definite silence re Sean ever since. Reason I was asking 'Saintbrat' in another thread, did she know what was happening with Sean.
I hope it's all just rumour, maybe his new baby is keeping him up all night crying as some do, and Sean is just tired & wants a bit of time off.

Like most things with Sean - he flies under the radar. You don't notice him until he's not there to do what he most effectively does.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Just when I thought this place was numpty free....arrrggghhh

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:Richo made a comment a couple of weeks back that I thought was strange at the time. After being asked a question about Dempster not playing (think it was the last match of the JLT series). It was along the lines of "Sean made the decision not to play".......... at the time I thought it a little strange as there was no mention of being sore/rested. And I've been concerned because there has been a definite silence re Sean ever since. Reason I was asking 'Saintbrat' in another thread, did she know what was happening with Sean.
I hope it's all just rumour, maybe his new baby is keeping him up all night crying as some do, and Sean is just tired & wants a bit of time off.

Like most things with Sean - he flies under the radar. You don't notice him until he's not there to do what he most effectively does.
My money is on Loris for gut feeling and intuition, even over an insider.
Loris does not ever have an agenda- her only agenda is sincerity

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Just when I thought this place was numpty free....arrrggghhh
No, I'm still here, and I ain't goin nowhere

:mrgreen: :roll:

SuperSaint
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote:
SuperSaint wrote:Well you know I can't blame the guy. He has been excellent all last year as a defender and so professional in his preparation, so imagine how anyone would feel when he gets overlooked for both Carlisle and Brown. They were both pretty poor and second efforts were few and far between. Our coach has made some strange selections at times but this one was a slap in the face. Decisions like this can derail clubs. Brown is very slow and not a shadow of the player Dempster has been on recent form.
Richo is keeping Brown to justify drafting him.
To drop him would be to admit he was wrong.

If Brown can't hold back the storm surge, AR is just going to play the blame game-
"our midfield pressure wasn't strong", he will say.

I agree and this is where egos can be detrimental for a club. Brown is well past his prime and turns like a Mack truck. With that line of thinking, Richo should have kept Tom Lee, a much cheaper backup. The game has unfortunately moved past Brown's style of play.

loris
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
loris wrote:Richo made a comment a couple of weeks back that I thought was strange at the time. After being asked a question about Dempster not playing (think it was the last match of the JLT series). It was along the lines of "Sean made the decision not to play".......... at the time I thought it a little strange as there was no mention of being sore/rested. And I've been concerned because there has been a definite silence re Sean ever since. Reason I was asking 'Saintbrat' in another thread, did she know what was happening with Sean.

Luv you too sweetie.........you can buy me a chocolate at the match on Saturday evening. Are you going?

Though tony74 is no doubt spot on re an injury. I can remember Sean taking a very hard knock in the second game of the JLT series, typical of Sean he played on with a minimum of fuss, but he was clearly affected. Maybe Saints, like Sean does were playing it close to their chest re any injury.
Last edited by loris on Wed 29 Mar 2017 9:54pm, edited 1 time in total.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote:Perth doesnt get the show till later, 3 hours behind
is the "news" from Purple?
Should have said spoiler, sorry. If you watch you will see it pretty early when Damien Barrett comes on. Doesn't say a lot just he is seriously thinking of pulling up stumps. Dempster has been my favourite player for years. Rarely get beaten, plays well above his height and weight and when they finally get Carlisle in the team he gets rested from both AFL and VFL and he isn't injured. ????
Last edited by DJ Higgins on Wed 29 Mar 2017 9:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:I'm sure it hasn't just been made up.
Are you taking the piss?

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:

Luv you too sweetie.........you can buy me a chocolate at the match on Saturday evening. Are you going?
Unfortunately...I had to give up my ticket for this weekend. Had a Koby Stevens incident and sadly, won't be able to go, not even for Captains Run. :shock:
I was looking forward to this game for months, too :cry:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

if you follow the TSF twitter link they have the vision of the suggestion
The AFL Footy Show‏Verified account @AFLFootyShow 34m34 minutes ago
More
Sean Dempster is tonight considering walking away from football, @barrettdamian has revealed. #9AFLFootyShow

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

DJ Higgins wrote:Just saw on the Footy show that Dempster is weighing up playing again. Watch this space
Saw the same thing. Urgggh - just when we think we're controversy-free. Really hope Sean's ok - he's been amazing for us.

Go you red, black & white warriors
loris
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
loris wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:

Unfortunately...I had to give up my ticket for this weekend. Had a Koby Stevens incident and sadly, won't be able to go, not even for Captains Run. :shock:
I was looking forward to this game for months, too :cry:
I'll wait for the chocolate for the Freo match then - I won't let you off that easily.

Didn't know bad 'prawns' were on the menu in WA - usually very fresh from up north!
Hope it passes (ooophs bad choice of word eh) soon. Take care, no wonder you have been grumpy in your posts today :wink

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
Are you taking the piss?
No. You think he'd just make up a story? Obviously something is not right.

8856brother wrote:
CURLY wrote:
Are you taking the piss?
No. You think he'd just make up a story? Obviously something is not right.
He's put two and two together and got 7

St Lenny
Club Player

NOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, was pretty unhappy he didn't get selected last week. And thought Carlisle and Brown were pretty dam average. No doubt in my mind Dempster should have played. I live interstate and stuff like this freaks me out. I have always been a massive Dempster fan. God I just hope this is ho ha, not happy :(