Sean Dempster might be quiting

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sean Dempster might be quiting

Surely after a gruelling pre season Dempster wouldn't walk away from footy when finals are on the table. I would much rather he be in the side than Gilbert right now and you could certainly make a case for him being more valuable than Brown.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

So Barrett says it's something going on at the club yet roo hadn't heard about it till the show. He might not be captain anymore but I'm sure he could pick up on something not being right. Strange.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I'm getting the impression Sean is a little burnt out after a gruelling pre-season. Perhaps he has come to the realisation he has bitten off more than he can chew and not being selected for round 1 has had him reeling. Hope he's okay and he has no ill feelings towards the club.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

loris wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
loris wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
loris wrote:Richo made a comment a couple of weeks back that I thought was strange at the time. After being asked a question about Dempster not playing (think it was the last match of the JLT series). It was along the lines of "Sean made the decision not to play".......... at the time I thought it a little strange as there was no mention of being sore/rested. And I've been concerned because there has been a definite silence re Sean ever since. Reason I was asking 'Saintbrat' in another thread, did she know what was happening with Sean.
I hope it's all just rumour, maybe his new baby is keeping him up all night crying as some do, and Sean is just tired & wants a bit of time off.

Like most things with Sean - he flies under the radar. You don't notice him until he's not there to do what he most effectively does.
My money is on Loris for gut feeling and intuition, even over an insider.
Loris does not ever have an agenda- her only agenda is sincerity
Luv you too sweetie.........you can buy me a chocolate at the match on Saturday evening. Are you going?
Unfortunately...I had to give up my ticket for this weekend. Had a Koby Stevens incident and sadly, won't be able to go, not even for Captains Run. :shock:
I was looking forward to this game for months, too :cry:
I'll wait for the chocolate for the Freo match then - I won't let you off that easily.

Didn't know bad 'prawns' were on the menu in WA - usually very fresh from up north!
Hope it passes (ooophs bad choice of word eh) soon. Take care, no wonder you have been grumpy in your posts today :wink
I'll buy you 2 chocolates at the Freo game ! :D :mrgreen:

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

SuperSaint wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
SuperSaint wrote:Well you know I can't blame the guy. He has been excellent all last year as a defender and so professional in his preparation, so imagine how anyone would feel when he gets overlooked for both Carlisle and Brown. They were both pretty poor and second efforts were few and far between. Our coach has made some strange selections at times but this one was a slap in the face. Decisions like this can derail clubs. Brown is very slow and not a shadow of the player Dempster has been on recent form.
Richo is keeping Brown to justify drafting him.
To drop him would be to admit he was wrong.

If Brown can't hold back the storm surge, AR is just going to play the blame game-
"our midfield pressure wasn't strong", he will say.

I agree and this is where egos can be detrimental for a club. Brown is well past his prime and turns like a Mack truck. With that line of thinking, Richo should have kept Tom Lee, a much cheaper backup. The game has unfortunately moved past Brown's style of play.
i know defence was an issue, but gee, seeing lewis and mitchell available so cheap, and we get brown?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

SuperSaint wrote:Well you know I can't blame the guy. He has been excellent all last year as a defender and so professional in his preparation, so imagine how anyone would feel when he gets overlooked for both Carlisle and Brown. They were both pretty poor and second efforts were few and far between. Our coach has made some strange selections at times but this one was a slap in the face. Decisions like this can derail clubs. Brown is very slow and not a shadow of the player Dempster has been on recent form.
To be fair, Bruce Doull would have looked like rubbish in our back line last week, the way the ball was coming in.

oh when the
Club Player

There was no leadership on the back line when the crunch came on Sat

Dempster is still our best mark one mark can swing a game back to you.

Carlisle did lay a few good bumps - but his anticipation of where to be for the next bit of play let him down.

spert
Saintsational Legend

oh when the wrote:There was no leadership on the back line when the crunch came on Sat

Dempster is still our best mark one mark can swing a game back to you.

Carlisle did lay a few good bumps - but his anticipation of where to be for the next bit of play let him down.
I defy any backman to look good last week considering the pathetic effort by those upfield in keeping the ball in our possession.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Sam McClure on SEN rang the club and they are livid. Apparantly he is going through a personal problem at the moment. Gary Lyon asked why Damian Barratt hadnt rung the club to confirm.

Typical Barratt, a nothing story .

Would be extremely surprised if Dempster cracked the sads over being dropped, would think he is made of better stuff than that.

If Sean is going through something, shame on Barratt for reporting that and putting that on Nick on tfs. No wonder I dont watch that shite anymore

saynta
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:if you follow the TSF twitter link they have the vision of the suggestion
The AFL Footy Show‏Verified account @AFLFootyShow 34m34 minutes ago
More
Sean Dempster is tonight considering walking away from football, @barrettdamian has revealed. #9AFLFootyShow
Barrett's a f***wit. Always has been.
Last edited by saynta on Thu 30 Mar 2017 5:42pm, edited 1 time in total.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Barrett. Has all the credibility of "Chemical Ali". And Lyon used to call him the best in the business! Probably is, I suppose, which says it all about the business he's in. What a c*ckhead.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The pimple headed worrier strikes again.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
mullet
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:Barrett. Has all the credibility of "Chemical Ali". And Lyon used to call him the best in the business! Probably is, I suppose, which says it all about the business he's in. What a c*ckhead.
I agree with your comment. I wonder how good the relationship really is between Lyon and Barratt. Lyon was very quick to jump in and ask why barratt wouldnt have contacted the club before running with the story. Lets face it they just read the script on TFS not sure Lyon believed he was best in the business. Lyon also chatted away to Billy Brownless too and we saw how that ended.

Barratt was one of the reasons I stopped watching TFS he would come on with some great story which ended up with a lot of maybe's and mights.

Joe Bloggs
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote:
loris wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
loris wrote:Richo made a comment a couple of weeks back that I thought was strange at the time. After being asked a question about Dempster not playing (think it was the last match of the JLT series). It was along the lines of "Sean made the decision not to play".......... at the time I thought it a little strange as there was no mention of being sore/rested. And I've been concerned because there has been a definite silence re Sean ever since. Reason I was asking 'Saintbrat' in another thread, did she know what was happening with Sean.
I hope it's all just rumour, maybe his new baby is keeping him up all night crying as some do, and Sean is just tired & wants a bit of time off.

Like most things with Sean - he flies under the radar. You don't notice him until he's not there to do what he most effectively does.
My money is on Loris for gut feeling and intuition, even over an insider.
Loris does not ever have an agenda- her only agenda is sincerity
Luv you too sweetie.........you can buy me a chocolate at the match on Saturday evening. Are you going?
Unfortunately...I had to give up my ticket for this weekend. Had a Koby Stevens incident and sadly, won't be able to go, not even for Captains Run. :shock:
I was looking forward to this game for months, too :cry:
C'mon WS...You couldn't handle watching Gilbo play and to embarrassed to wear the colours at an Eagles game.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Surely with Brown coming in the possibilities of Demps not playing seniors all the time would have been clearly pointed out to him. Would he even need to play VFL? He's a super fit bugger as it is. If there is any merit to this I'm sure its more of a personal/fitness issue. He would be brilliant mentor around the club for Goddard in particular who needs to be picking his brain all the time about positioning and shutting down forwards.

We need room to be playing guys like Goddard, White & Rice as they are the future and need to start getting senior games as they are showing a fair bit already. And they can actually kick the ball - a welcome change from our normal backline players. IT will be a weird experience to actually see us keep the ball as we work it up the field. But I could get used to it.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I call this Bulltish.

If for no other reason that Sean is building his post-playing career at present by developing his expertise and credentials in sport fitness/scrience etc and the Saints are assisting him in this process by allowing him to work in this area at the club.

Sure he is playing his last year. But he is also actively transitioning to his next career.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

SuperSaint wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
Richo is keeping Brown to justify drafting him.
To drop him would be to admit he was wrong.

If Brown can't hold back the storm surge, AR is just going to play the blame game-
"our midfield pressure wasn't strong", he will say.

I agree and this is where egos can be detrimental for a club. Brown is well past his prime and turns like a Mack truck. With that line of thinking, Richo should have kept Tom Lee, a much cheaper backup. The game has unfortunately moved past Brown's style of play.
Surely, this description applies to Sean as well, he isn't exactly agile and is terrible below his knees. Sean's disposal is also extremely iffy. He is a brilliant intercept mark and is as brave as anyone on the field but he is quickly approaching the end of his career

Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

Has anyone considered there maybe personal reasons for this? It's not unusual for this to happen early in a season.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
Cordz2
Club Player

Johnny Member wrote:
To be fair, Bruce Doull would have looked like rubbish in our back line last week, the way the ball was coming in.
Exactly - the space Melbourne created was impossible to defend.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Bruce G McAbee wrote:Has anyone considered there maybe personal reasons for this? It's not unusual for this to happen early in a season.
Yep think I pointed that out earlier

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

mullet wrote:Sam McClure on SEN rang the club and they are livid. Apparantly he is going through a personal problem at the moment. Gary Lyon asked why Damian Barratt hadnt rung the club to confirm.

Typical Barratt, a nothing story .

Would be extremely surprised if Dempster cracked the sads over being dropped, would think he is made of better stuff than that.

If Sean is going through something, shame on Barratt for reporting that and putting that on Nick on tfs. No wonder I dont watch that shite anymore
+1

If Dempster were considering retirement, I doubt that it would have anything to do with not been selected, he's made of sterner stuff than that.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

f***wit Garry Hobo Lyon says the club should suspend him.

Go f*** yourself Gally.

SEN should sack the turd

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

saintspremiers wrote:f***wit Garry Hobo Lyon says the club should suspend him.

Go f*** yourself Gally.

SEN should sack the turd
Gary suspended himself for a year over mowing someone else's lawn.
His replacement on The Footy Show, ironically, has done something similar.
Rebecca Maddern (formerly of Ch7)
-her hubby was previously married to another Ch 7 reporter! :shock:
Did Ch 9 do a "like-for-like" swap?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
mullet
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:

Go f*** yourself Gally.

SEN should sack the turd
Gary suspended himself for a year over mowing someone else's lawn.
His replacement on The Footy Show, ironically, has done something similar.
Rebecca Maddern (formerly of Ch7)
-her hubby was previously married to another Ch 7 reporter! :shock:
Did Ch 9 do a "like-for-like" swap?
And didnt Brayshaw trade in his wife for a newer model and then decide to spend more time with his family and so leave TFS. Its Jinxed!!! and deserves to be

santazzi
Club Player

Go f*** yourself Gally.

SEN should sack the turd
Suspend him? For what reason?