Hawks 1st round pick watch

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hawks 1st round pick watch

Where does nuffy rate against dill?

silly billy? bum bum? sphinctenhoffen?

We need some kind of insultometer…

markp
Saintsational Legend

I'll barrack for every team they play except essendon.

markp
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Where does nuffy rate against dill?

Fart cupper?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

One of my all time favourites markp… and let's not forget chief, champ & cabbage.

Playon
Club Player

Its not quite as bad as fool
But its right up there with goofy, twit and dunderhead
Or the more humorous versions, Bum face, pooh pooh head and nincompoop

markp
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:One of my all time favourites markp… and let's not forget chief, champ & cabbage.
Numpty (which my auto correct just tried to make bum pry!) and curmudgeon are another couple of classics too.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I had a look at their list, SB. Boy, are they in trouble. There's really not that much there. The list is clogged with late draft picks and rookie upgrades. The elite veterans are all past their use by. Perhaps James Sicily or Tim O'Brien, but you wouldn't give up much for them. Cyril stands out as the obvious one. Would attract a first round pick they desperately need. Breust, Gunston, Stretton, perhaps? Burgoyne, Gibson, Roughy, Hodge, Puopolo all past their use by. They are in deep s***.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
jays
Club Player

hawkes will 100% finish bottom 5 we killed thiss deal ImageImage
ImageImage

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

:)

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:

Its not quite as bad as fool
But its right up there with goofy, twit and dunderhead
Or the more humorous versions, Bum face, pooh pooh head and nincompoop
I'm a fan of the current thread title, "Lowly meat head".

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:I had a look at their list, SB. Boy, are they in trouble. There's really not that much there. The list is clogged with late draft picks and rookie upgrades. The elite veterans are all past their use by. Perhaps James Sicily or Tim O'Brien, but you wouldn't give up much for them. Cyril stands out as the obvious one. Would attract a first round pick they desperately need. Breust, Gunston, Stretton, perhaps? Burgoyne, Gibson, Roughy, Hodge, Puopolo all past their use by. They are in deep s***.
Siciliy could be interesting. But not for a first rounder. Gunston...meh....late first rounder if a club had a specific need for a player like him. Not a top end pick. Cyril is nearly 28. Wouldn't be giving up a first rounder for him. Just had a look at their list as well. Not much to trade for high end picks is there. There is no-one there I'd be trading a high pick for. They may well be destined for the bottom. Let's hope it's this year.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

well ,
Linda was always my favourite !

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Cyril is I think too inconsistent for most clubs to trade a lot for.

To pay a lot you would want a more consistent contributor.

Hypothetically however the one club that might would be GWS who lack dedicated small forwards and have ample to trade.

It is probably Stevie Js last year at GWS and so Cyril could take his place in the team.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Cyril

Staggeringly overrated!!!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Cyril

Staggeringly overrated!!!

Not overrated at all. He's a champion.

Norm smith medalist too.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Cyril is I think too inconsistent for most clubs to trade a lot for.

To pay a lot you would want a more consistent contributor.

Hypothetically however the one club that might would be GWS who lack dedicated small forwards and have ample to trade.

It is probably Stevie Js last year at GWS and so Cyril could take his place in the team.
This. Good fit for GWS. Cyril needs quality around him to shine. One downside of this would be GWS were interested in our small forwards in last year's trade period. May come looking again this year and it might help facilitate a trade between us and them. If they get Cyril, that would put an end to that possibly.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

st.byron wrote:
White Winmar wrote:I had a look at their list, SB. Boy, are they in trouble. There's really not that much there. The list is clogged with late draft picks and rookie upgrades. The elite veterans are all past their use by. Perhaps James Sicily or Tim O'Brien, but you wouldn't give up much for them. Cyril stands out as the obvious one. Would attract a first round pick they desperately need. Breust, Gunston, Stretton, perhaps? Burgoyne, Gibson, Roughy, Hodge, Puopolo all past their use by. They are in deep s***.
Siciliy could be interesting. But not for a first rounder. Gunston...meh....late first rounder if a club had a specific need for a player like him. Not a top end pick. Cyril is nearly 28. Wouldn't be giving up a first rounder for him. Just had a look at their list as well. Not much to trade for high end picks is there. There is no-one there I'd be trading a high pick for. They may well be destined for the bottom. Let's hope it's this year.
So you're saying that St Kilda should not give Hawthorn back their 1st round draft pick for ANY of their players....wow....I'd almost be inclined to agree...isn't it amazing how quickly perceptions change.....six months ago they had about 10 All Australian players that would have been highly sought after...

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote:
st.byron wrote:
So you're saying that St Kilda should not give Hawthorn back their 1st round draft pick for ANY of their players....wow....I'd almost be inclined to agree...isn't it amazing how quickly perceptions change.....six months ago they had about 10 All Australian players that would have been highly sought after...
Indeed, Toy Saint. Isn't it amazing how their second tier players have been exposed by the loss of quality players like Lewis and Mitchell and the decline of their older stars? It just shows how important those elite performers are. They lift those around them. Suddenly, The likes of Breust, Gunston, Smith, Duryea, etc. don't look anywhere near as good as they did in the past few years. It's another example of why you shouldn't get rid of "fabric of the club" players. Remember Sheedy getting rid of Carey and Bradbury for Richardson and Raines? Tore the dopers apart and probably cost them flags. I still can't help thinking we were hasty in letting BJ and Dal go.

kalsaint
Club Player

We need to move on discuss Saints. Moderators have done their bit. No amount of discussion will change that.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
kalsaint
Club Player

So you're saying that St Kilda should not give Hawthorn back their 1st round draft pick for ANY of their players....wow....I'd almost be inclined to agree...isn't it amazing how quickly perceptions change.....six months ago they had about 10 All Australian players that would have been highly sought after...[/quote]

Simple answer is yes. The others all previously mentioned would be deemed to be of more value to Hawthorn than us.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
SuperDuper
Club Player

kalsaint wrote:So you're saying that St Kilda should not give Hawthorn back their 1st round draft pick for ANY of their players....wow....I'd almost be inclined to agree...isn't it amazing how quickly perceptions change.....six months ago they had about 10 All Australian players that would have been highly sought after...
Simple answer is yes. The others all previously mentioned would be deemed to be of more value to Hawthorn than us.
certainly I cannot think of any Hawk player that I would trade for a top 5 pick...

Maybe Ryan Burton is the best of the young brigade.. in fact he would be worth picking up and may be worth a decent pick if he keeps showing a bit this year... So I would give a pick 10-15 range for him and maybe even 6-10 IF he shows a lot for the rest of this season .. if he becomes their best player for the year (possible!) then even a top 5 pick could be considered given his age and dependent on how our list management jusdes our "needs"

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SuperDuper wrote:
kalsaint wrote:So you're saying that St Kilda should not give Hawthorn back their 1st round draft pick for ANY of their players....wow....I'd almost be inclined to agree...isn't it amazing how quickly perceptions change.....six months ago they had about 10 All Australian players that would have been highly sought after...
certainly I cannot think of any Hawk player that I would trade for a top 5 pick...

Maybe Ryan Burton is the best of the young brigade.. in fact he would be worth picking up and may be worth a decent pick if he keeps showing a bit this year... So I would give a pick 10-15 range for him and maybe even 6-10 IF he shows a lot for the rest of this season .. if he becomes their best player for the year (possible!) then even a top 5 pick could be considered given his age and dependent on how our list management jusdes our "needs"
I would give a pick 10-15 for Burton.
That is it. Noone else on their list interests me at all.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

I wonder when Issac Smith becomes a free agent.
You wouldn't trade for him but he'd be nice icing on the cake come finals time with his outside run and link up.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Isaac Smith is a seagull

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:I wonder when Issac Smith becomes a free agent.
You wouldn't trade for him but he'd be nice icing on the cake come finals time with his outside run and link up.
Good outside runner - but I don't think he's a great kick. Long kick, but not overly precise I don't think.

Good bloke though.