Sandy v Port Melb

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Viking3
Club Player

Re: Sandy v Port Melb

RODOS wrote:
Viking3 wrote:
RODOS wrote:
Viking3 wrote:
RODOS wrote:Anyone at the game?

Apparently paddy, battle and marshall all kicked 2 goals in the first, 38-12 at quarter time

Would love if Paddy and Marshall in particular put in really strong performances. Having Marshall play as that ruck forward would make playing Longer a viable option, which could help us with what transpired yesterday arvo against the dees.

Love hickey but if he's not up to it against a player like gawn we may need the physical attributes of longer to keep our mids in it. But he'll need a chop out.

Battle is fighting it out with membrey as it stands and members has a few credits in the bank, but would love for the young boy to kick a few more too.

Is Acres playing?

Heads may roll after yesterday's performance

edit: half time, Goals: Marshall 4, McCartin 3, Battle 2, Montagna 1, Weickhardt 1

Disposals: Sinclair 20, Verma 19, Acres 16
If Hickey's not up to it??? Sheesh. Gawn was AA last year. We played the Dees twice with Hickey winning 2-0!! If Hickey's not up to it??? :roll:
sheesh yourself, on his day hickey can be as damaging as any, but if he keeps playing like he did last night then we have to consider alternatives. If we played melbourne again this coming weekend instead of west coast, given the way we were absolutely dominated in the centre square and stoppages, would you play hickey again, or give longer a try? honest question. I'd be inclined to give longer a run with marshall providing the chop out, unless we managed to figure out why it was hickey played so poorly (8 touches and 18 hit outs to gawn's 13 touches and 49 hit outs) and how to fix it .

But with that said, the throwing the ball up thing (as mentioned by others) was not good for hickey, and frankly if they're going to throw it up, then they should throw it up as high the ball goes when it gets bounced. It looks like basketball out there with their dinky throws. Takes the whole reading the ball part out of the equation.

I'm not saying I don't think hickey is up to it, but just incase one of the many variables (injuries, motivation, mental health, rule changes, etc) have an adverse effect on his game, we have rowan marshall and billy longer.

... sheesh
The centre square and stoppage dominance was just as much, if not more, an issue with our midfielders. Doesn't matter which ruck gets the tap, the midfield has a 50/50 chance of getting to the ball first.
You already have Marshall leap frogging Pierce and Holmes and in essence McCartin who still has to come in. Or are we going to play Longer, McCartin, Bruce and Marshall?
Sheesh.
And yes, you were inferring that Hickey wasn't up to it. They were your words not mine.
Sheesh.
It's ONE game.
Double Sheesh.
pff, im just highlighting the fact we have depth and it's encouraging you pleb.

I don't know who comes in for who I wasn't trying to pick the team, i'm not going to humour your aggressive posting style from here on. cheers
Quite adept at pedalling backwards. Boo Hoo.

Give me one flag & I'll go to my grave a happy man.
coopergrech
Club Player

Heard Meatball broke his thumb or hand?? This true?

Who else was injured?
saintbrat wrote:Nice day for a trip to TBBO
nice to beat Port Melbourne any time
even better to beat them by a big margin

lots of coaches in attendance
Dempster didn't play
Pierce played minutes in both Dev game and Seniors

Unfortunately Marshall is a rooke-
a couple of 'injuries' coming out of it maybe- thumbs and/or fingers, cramping - was quite warm

Verma is Sandy Player-

RODOS
Club Player

Viking3 wrote:
RODOS wrote:
Viking3 wrote:
RODOS wrote:
Viking3 wrote:

Apparently paddy, battle and marshall all kicked 2 goals in the first, 38-12 at quarter time

Would love if Paddy and Marshall in particular put in really strong performances. Having Marshall play as that ruck forward would make playing Longer a viable option, which could help us with what transpired yesterday arvo against the dees.

Love hickey but if he's not up to it against a player like gawn we may need the physical attributes of longer to keep our mids in it. But he'll need a chop out.

Battle is fighting it out with membrey as it stands and members has a few credits in the bank, but would love for the young boy to kick a few more too.

Is Acres playing?

edit: half time, Goals: Marshall 4, McCartin 3, Battle 2, Montagna 1, Weickhardt 1

If Hickey's not up to it??? Sheesh. Gawn was AA last year. We played the Dees twice with Hickey winning 2-0!! If Hickey's not up to it??? :roll:
sheesh yourself, on his day hickey can be as damaging as any, but if he keeps playing like he did last night then we have to consider alternatives. If we played melbourne again this coming weekend instead of west coast, given the way we were absolutely dominated in the centre square and stoppages, would you play hickey again, or give longer a try? honest question. I'd be inclined to give longer a run with marshall providing the chop out, unless we managed to figure out why it was hickey played so poorly (8 touches and 18 hit outs to gawn's 13 touches and 49 hit outs) and how to fix it .

But with that said, the throwing the ball up thing (as mentioned by others) was not good for hickey, and frankly if they're going to throw it up, then they should throw it up as high the ball goes when it gets bounced. It looks like basketball out there with their dinky throws. Takes the whole reading the ball part out of the equation.

I'm not saying I don't think hickey is up to it, but just incase one of the many variables (injuries, motivation, mental health, rule changes, etc) have an adverse effect on his game, we have rowan marshall and billy longer.

... sheesh
The centre square and stoppage dominance was just as much, if not more, an issue with our midfielders. Doesn't matter which ruck gets the tap, the midfield has a 50/50 chance of getting to the ball first.
You already have Marshall leap frogging Pierce and Holmes and in essence McCartin who still has to come in. Or are we going to play Longer, McCartin, Bruce and Marshall?
Sheesh.
And yes, you were inferring that Hickey wasn't up to it. They were your words not mine.
Sheesh.
It's ONE game.
Double Sheesh.

I don't know who comes in for who I wasn't trying to pick the team, i'm not going to humour your aggressive posting style from here on. cheers
ok i'll bite. Not sure if you can read very well or your comprehension may be lacking, but i'll try not to humiliate you too badly. You may, now this might be a long shot, but you may be familiar with the word 'if'. If is an interesting word, it can be a conjunction or a noun. The way that I used it was in the form of a conjunction, meaning it creates a clause, 'assuming that x, then y', 'on the condition that you've only just celebrated your tenth birthday, then I should go easier on you', one more? 'if you are not a twat you will acknowledge that you are trying to punch above your intellectual weight and give up'. But seeing as I used the word 'if' there, it shows that I am still not sure. The truth is I am sure, you are a twat and you should save yourself time and face and let this reply go through to the keeper.

So, to wrap it up, the sentence was 'IF hickey is not up to it'. IF, as in, IF hickey's girlfriend breaks up with him and he puts in a bad month of form, IF one of hickey's loved ones pass and he isn't too keen on chasing a football, IF! In no way was I saying that Hickey isn't up to it, what I was doing was merely using a clause to explore possible scenarios.

Now, IF hickey continues to put in that kind of a performance, THEN you're gonna have to learn embrace change.

Viking3
Club Player

RODOS wrote:
Viking3 wrote:
RODOS wrote:
Viking3 wrote:
RODOS wrote:
Viking3 wrote:

Is Acres playing?

... sheesh
Sheesh.
Sheesh.
It's ONE game.
Double Sheesh.

ok i'll bite. Not sure if you can read very well or your comprehension may be lacking, but i'll try not to humiliate you too badly. You may, now this might be a long shot, but you may be familiar with the word 'if'. If is an interesting word, it can be a conjunction or a noun. The way that I used it was in the form of a conjunction, meaning it creates a clause, 'assuming that x, then y', 'on the condition that you've only just celebrated your tenth birthday, then I should go easier on you', one more? 'if you are not a twat you will acknowledge that you are trying to punch above your intellectual weight and give up'. But seeing as I used the word 'if' there, it shows that I am still not sure. The truth is I am sure, you are a twat and you should save yourself time and face and let this reply go through to the keeper.

So, to wrap it up, the sentence was 'IF hickey is not up to it'. IF, as in, IF hickey's girlfriend breaks up with him and he puts in a bad month of form, IF one of hickey's loved ones pass and he isn't too keen on chasing a football, IF! In no way was I saying that Hickey isn't up to it, what I was doing was merely using a clause to explore possible scenarios.

Now, IF hickey continues to put in that kind of a performance, THEN you're gonna have to learn embrace change.
:shock:
I don't need to say much here.
I question your "IF" inference after ONE game of 2017, and you attack the man and make it personal.
Maybe you are a little insecure about your own intellect!
By the way, it actually is my birthday today. And I'm 12, not 10. :D

RODOS
Club Player

Viking3 wrote:
RODOS wrote:
Viking3 wrote:
RODOS wrote:
Viking3 wrote:
RODOS wrote:
Viking3 wrote:

Is Acres playing?

... sheesh
Sheesh.
Sheesh.
It's ONE game.
Double Sheesh.

I question your "IF" inference after ONE game of 2017, and you attack the man and make it personal.
well now i feel like a jerk. Apologies

Saint_J
Club Player

how'd the Minch go guys? read somewhere he may have broke his hand?

goods
Club Player

ive got a strong feeling Hickeys dominance comes from reading the ball bounce and throwing it up did him no favour. He gets a second chance next week imo.

Viking3
Club Player

RODOS wrote:
Viking3 wrote:
RODOS wrote:
Viking3 wrote:
RODOS wrote:
Viking3 wrote:
RODOS wrote:
Viking3 wrote:

Is Acres playing?

... sheesh
Sheesh.
Sheesh.
It's ONE game.
Double Sheesh.

well now i feel like a jerk. Apologies
No problem.
Play on.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

solid stoush fellas/ladies

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

coopergrech wrote:Heard Meatball broke his thumb or hand?? This true?

Who else was injured?
he certainly wasn't happy with it- but didn't get detail- well bandaged.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://sandringhamfc.com.au/footy-match ... spx?id=587
The Sandringham Zebras produced a solid pre-season showing defeating the Port Melbourne- Borough 134-68 at Trevor Barker Oval on Sunday.

It was a dominant performance by the Zebras, controlling the game on both the field and scoreboard from start to finish.

Led by Luke Verma and Jack Sinclair with 32 and 27 disposals respectively, the Zebras look to be in good shape as they head into the regular season.

The Zebras midfield proved to be the key as they dominated the centre clearances and dictated the tempo of the contest.

Sandringham won the opening 8 centre clearances of the match and finished with 31 clearances opposed to 19, solidifying their dominance from the outset.

Rowan Marshall and Josh Battle dominated in attack, kicking 9 goals between them and putting the contest well out of reach for the Borough. McCartin also slotted home 3 of his own, only helping his cause for senior selection.

The Zebras now have a week off but will be back in action on the 9th of April when they take on Williamstown at Burbank Oval.

Sandringham 6.2 11.8 15.11 20.14 (134)
Port Melbourne 1.6 3.7 6.11 9.14 (68)

GOALS: Marshall 5, Battle 4, McCartin 3, Weickhardt 2, Answerth 2, Acres, Montagna, Curren & Sziller.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote: GOALS: Marshall 5, Battle 4.
Holy s*** Marshall with 5. I'm trying not to get too excited by this guy but he's starting to put himself on a pedestal as our fwd-ruck option. Can actually mark and kick goals, pretty athletic from what I've heard. Like so far. And BAttle doing everything right. The best players often shine at an early age and he's not hiding his light under bushell so far.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Here one for the sceptics what about replacing Bruce with Marshall....?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote:Here one for the sceptics what about replacing Bruce with Marshall....?
reminder Rowan is a Rookie-

and he isn't really ' young' has had a a couple of years at north Ballarat

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

It's ridiculous that the VFL season starts so late (15th April) compared with the AFL season. How are the reserves players supposed to prove themselves in game situations with this stupid draw?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

And that is why quoting is ridiculous

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
Impatient Sainter wrote:Here one for the sceptics what about replacing Bruce with Marshall....?
reminder Rowan is a Rookie-

and he isn't really ' young' has had a a couple of years at north Ballarat
He is a very promising type, especially in lieu of what happened on Saturday. I don't wish I'll on anyone, but he would be a very handy acquisition if we could upgrade him. Are we still able to upgrade a rookie mid season, without anyone on the LTI?

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:And that is why quoting is ridiculous
No, they have just be too lazy to edit their quotes to the last comment or two..

Over-quoting is just as bad as not quoting at all IMO. Both are poor form.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

What is?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

coopergrech wrote:Heard Meatball broke his thumb or hand?? This true?
Hurt his hand in the first quarter. Had it strapped at quarter time, but only lasted five minutes after that.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saints66
Club Player

Jacks Back wrote:It's ridiculous that the VFL season starts so late (15th April) compared with the AFL season. How are the reserves players supposed to prove themselves in game situations with this stupid draw?
Not rediculous!

You have to remember cricket finals are just finishing so grounds were/are not available. Council maintenance staff have to have time to renew and fix up any problems before allowing football games.

Officially, Cricket Clubs have access until 31 March.

saints66
Club Player

Jacks Back wrote:It's ridiculous that the VFL season starts so late (15th April) compared with the AFL season. How are the reserves players supposed to prove themselves in game situations with this stupid draw?
Not rediculous!

You have to remember cricket finals are just finishing so grounds were/are not available. Council maintenance staff have to have time to renew and fix up any problems before allowing football games.

Officially, Cricket Clubs have access until 31 March.

RODOS
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
BigMart wrote:And that is why quoting is ridiculous
No, they have just be too lazy to edit their quotes to the last comment or two..

Over-quoting is just as bad as not quoting at all IMO. Both are poor form.
yeah my bad, not lazyness, just not used to posting on forums so didn't realise the space it would take up.

on another note it would be nice if we could see some footage of marshall, five goals, did he get many touches or hit outs anyone know?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

RODOS wrote:
on another note it would be nice if we could see some footage of marshall, five goals, did he get many touches or hit outs anyone know?
Unfortunately I have not seen any other stats on him for the game. But at least he gave us something to be excited about this week. :wink:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

No cricket is played at TBBO