Dangerous ex-hawks.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

loris
Saintsational Legend

Dangerous ex-hawks.

If Lewis was able to systematically pick us apart after the first quarter and get Melbourne up and running & flowing into their game plan - what on earth will Mitchell do to us next week, his preseason form for Eagles has been outstanding? Bit scary to think about.

I notice the temperature in Perth is starting to climb to 29 by next Thursday, hope it doesn't go climbing any higher by Saturday. As obviously the heat/humidity would have sapped a lot of energy from the players today. Saints rarely play well when it's hot at Subiaco. So do cool weather/rain dancing rituals this week forumites - we don't need another hot weather match. The Mitchell factor will be hard enough to overcome without hot weather.

Joe Bloggs
Club Player

Re: Dangerous ex-hawks.

We lack smart footballers like Lewis.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He did as he pleased at HB

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

On a happier note, the Injectors are still in front; I find it hard to barrack for them but I'll barrack for our draft pick ...

Always loyal
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

SemperFidelis wrote:On a happier note, the Injectors are still in front; I find it hard to barrack for them but I'll barrack for our draft pick ...
I'm with Semper! With the more difficult fixture we were never going to make finals this year, and if Hawthorn swandive we'll get some high end talent.
Melbourne have serious talent which has taken them years to acquire and develop. If we can get two draft picks in the top ten this year we must bring in some elite midfield talent.

Melbourne have Viney, Petracca and Brayshaw. Add Hogan in the forward line and you realise how much we need to add an A+ elite mid to the side.
Having said that, I fully expect us to improve incrementally this season and win the same number of games as last year with a more difficult fixture, but with a slightly improved percentage. We will miss finals again I suspect, but add elite talent at the end of the season and press for top 4 in 2018.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.