Jade Gresham

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jade Gresham

BigMart wrote:Because I've seen this site overrate player after player in the last ten years

Or

Write off players also

Again,

I'm very impressed by Jade, but not OTT like many. Let the boy evolve I reckon... Or pump up his tyres like with Eli, Dunstan, Siposs, Stanley etc...
So you're allowed to be impressed by him, but if we are then we're overrating him!

Right.

Please draw a diagram outlining the comparison of how much we can rate someone in comparison to you before it become excessive

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Read 5 of the first eight posts in this thread

And you might get it

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Read 5 of the first eight posts in this thread

And you might get it
Re: McKenzie and White sign on until 2019
Unread postby BigMart » Mon 20 Mar 2017 9:06pm

DMac will be a gun

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Read 5 of the first eight posts in this thread

And you might get it

Just like you get context eh

Getting really boring having to spell everything out to you.

Maybe if you stop being so emotional

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:
Just that he ain't a star yet, like some are suggesting.
Ok, I just went and re-read this thread. Not one person in this thread has stated that Gresh is a star already. Not one.

The general tone is excitement from the ability shown in the game.

The reason that you refuse to use the quote function is so that you can instead make baseless statements and claims about what no one actually said. You love stating phantom arguments made by no one as supposed plans as to why you are right.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Will be a gun... projected opinion on a small sample of AFL and VFL

Also said players will be rubbish too.. but

Never said DMac is a gun
Because of course he's not
Nor
Is Jade
Or
Many players in their first 4 years

Nice try though

On getting emotional

I can almost feel the aggression at the fact anyone, especially a supposed saints supporter could have the audacity to not agree that Jade Gresham is a star?!

I am allowed my opinion, and even allowed to debate it you know
Perhaps forget about me and use footy facts to prove me wrong, not pitchforks

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
BigMart wrote:
Just that he ain't a star yet, like some are suggesting.
Ok, I just went and re-read this thread. Not one person in this thread has stated that Gresh is a star already. Not one.

The general tone is excitement from the ability shown in the game.

The reason that you refuse to use the quote function is so that you can instead make baseless statements and claims about what no one actually said. You love stating phantom arguments made by no one as supposed plans as to why you are right.
Don't bother SRS,

It doesn't take a mental health practitioner to see that BM's posts are often emotionally charged and his ego prevents him from backing down.
The beauty of a forum is everything is written plain to see. You can't just wriggle out of things

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

So here are the top 8 comments you speak of BM. Please show me where anyone says he is STAR NOW. Everyone is doing exactly what you are doing with Mckenzie - commenting on stuff they like about him now and his potential and who reminds them of. You just enjoy being a wet blanket sometimes to ridiculous degree. Hey - I'm no slouch in the wet blanket department but people can enjoy what they are seeing now and have some ambitious thoughts. As long as you don't count your chickens too much. The aggression you are feeling - that's called inner projection. Mirror time sir.
Postby Pwoit » Sat 25 Mar 2017 5:11pm

I've got Lenny Love for this bloke, gotta love him!!
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Postby BigMart » Sat 25 Mar 2017 5:47pm

5 first half touches and time in the middle

He needs to lift
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Postby skeptic » Sat 25 Mar 2017 5:48pm

Needed to kick that goal
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Postby Trixilver » Sat 25 Mar 2017 8:39pm

3 goals as a small forward in a losing side. Plenty worse than him tonight, and another excellent goal. Reminds me so much of #44.
Trixilver
Club Player

Postby Enrico_Misso » Sat 25 Mar 2017 8:45pm

Yes he has a touch of the 44's.
Very clever and knows where the goals are.
"Understand that you are all custodians of the St Kilda Football Club...you are responsible for making the difficult decisions to make this Club great. Those decisions will not always be popular, for popular decisions are easily made - but those that will truly make us great are those that challenge us most." - Allan Jeans as told to Chris Pelchen 2012.
Enrico_Misso
Saintsational Legend

Location: Moorabbin Chapter of The Royal Society of Hagiographers
Postby SemperFidelis » Sat 25 Mar 2017 8:45pm

He was one of the few bright spots in a dog of a night. He will be worthy of the #4.

That wheel around in the 3rd was a beauty
Always loyal
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Postby skeptic » Sat 25 Mar 2017 11:05pm

At least we have one future A-Grader in the team

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Ok,

Yes, he is the second coming of Darryl Baldock... better now?

Or wait

Was it Lenny or Milner???

Not sure why I'm 'emotionally charged' it's just an observation

I think reactions to me are often emotionally charged, and hysterical.... I really just shake my head..

And skeptic, obviously you are not a mental health practitioner... but thanks for your input
Now grab your pitchfork, get together with your chronies and run this evil person out of town...

I mean seriously.

I must have missed where I said Jade was hopeless?

It is funny how people are reacting though, you don't have to be a... blah blah...

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Nice try Bluthy, again

You're going to an almighty effort??

Am I just referring to this thread, or how Gresh has been doscussed in general?

Is this the only thread he he been spoken about??

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:
Am I just referring to this thread, or how Gresh has been doscussed in general?
WTF knows as you refuse to use the quote tool.
BigMart wrote:DMac will be a gun imo

White could be
Is it not amazing how only one person on the forum is allowed to express potential in a player or players?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Ok,

Yes, he is the second coming of Darryl Baldock... better now?

Or wait

Was it Lenny or Milner???

Not sure why I'm 'emotionally charged' it's just an observation

I think reactions to me are often emotionally charged, and hysterical.... I really just shake my head..

And skeptic, obviously you are not a mental health practitioner... but thanks for your input
Now grab your pitchfork, get together with your chronies and run this evil person out of town...

I mean seriously.

I must have missed where I said Jade was hopeless?

It is funny how people are reacting though, you don't have to be a... blah blah...
Unlike yourself BM, I don't have this sick idea that I'm the only one that sees things right... and certainly not in a twisted way where I'm saying what everybody else is... cough cough "Dmac is a star, Gresh shows promise" but only I don't overrate rate them and everyone else does.

And nobody thinks your evil or wants you gone... you're just another person out there with a narcissistic personality disorder that lacks ability to put what you read in context. It's actually rather boring.

Enjoy your "I refuse to quote" cause. It's very important to the world as are you

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Doctor

Irony is a person feeling they are important enough to sit in judgement of anothers arrogance?!

Funny

I do think DMac will be a quality afl player, I also think Acres, Billings, Gresham will all be potential stars - Gresham with the most possible growth, given his age and lack of conditioning at this stage. White also has some tools and I unlike many others have not given up on Lonie.

However none are even what I'd consider good afl players yet... they are fringe players, who play cameos and could go to the next level (or more) or not??? But signs suggest they are on the way.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Who says I feel important enough?
Just shared an opinion on a forum. Unlike you, it doesn't bother me when ppl do that.

And the only irony here is as many have already pointed out... they share an opinion. You share an idea the same one but we're all wrong with god complexes and you're the only one that is measured.

Like I said earlier, it speaks for itself

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:But signs suggest they are on the way.
And you're the only person that thinks this!!!!!!

That's incredible. You're so amazing.

And here I was thinking of a starting a is Gresh better than Plugger/Ablett/Matthews combined thread

Tell me BM, what are u actually saying in this thread that is so different to anybody else

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Jesus you're a <edited by mods>, Bigmart. Gresham is doing things that very few second season players have ever been capable of doing. In fact he's doing things most of the comp isn't able to do. With time his production and consistency will improve and he'll be a very, very valuable player. He's already had a big hand in winning some games for us (Geelong last year) and was in our top few players in a shocking performance last Saturday. Many of our young players have big question marks over them but Gresham isn't one. Every club would love to have him on their list.

<warning for abuse>

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I find it funny that people get personal, and focus on the person writing the posts when they have little else

Also think it's funny that it's not what is written, but who writes it as far as mods are concerned

A miserable prick - not sure, I'm not very unhappy....

I just comment on what I see at the footy

happy feet
Club Player

BigMart wrote:I find it funny that people get personal, and focus on the person writing the posts when they have little else

Also think it's funny that it's not what is written, but who writes it as far as mods are concerned

A miserable prick - not sure, I'm not very unhappy....

I just comment on what I see at the footy
And do your fair share of getting personal as well.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
#gosaintas
Club Player

Gresh has tricks that no-one else on our list has. Looks like he'll be a gun.
I dunno about DMAC though. He has speed and courage but no composure. Obviously that can come with experience otherwise he's just another Geary type.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote: I just comment on what I see at the footy
:shock: :shock:

It must be someone else then with all the posts on the lack of merit of other poster's comments.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

#gosaintas wrote:Gresh has tricks that no-one else on our list has. Looks like he'll be a gun.
I dunno about DMAC though. He has speed and courage but no composure. Obviously that can come with experience otherwise he's just another Geary type.
Think back to Simpkin. He was a larger bloke, so speed wasn't a thing; he had courage, some composure, but little skill.
I remember him taking on bigger forwards and get crunched with no fear, but couldn't stop them.
One big hit from Jarryd Roughead stands out in mind, a bone-crunching mark that Roughie took

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Are you saying people don't make personal comments toward me?

I tend to think that I make a comment about a player or coach, in this instance it was Jade... not even criticism, more to the fact that he is not yet the star some seem to be suggesting imo

Other posters lose their s*** and start with the personal insults

I respond

And then off it goes, brown out of proportion and all sorts of defensive and/or aggressive comments.

So I respond again...

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

You make out that you're observations are better than those of others... and it has little to do with the content of the actual discussion in many cases.

For example, in this thread you have repeatedly stated that you like Gresh's development so far and have ridiculed a number of others with the same opinion suggesting that they caught up in hysteria/emotion and are not objective.

If ppl get personal with you it's because you come across as obnoxious and you write as though your opinion should be considered superior to everyone else's.

The fact that you don't even seem to grasp why ppl are getting antsy with just you when prett much every single person on this thread including u and me more or less has the same exact opinion on Gresh speaks volumes about how self absorbed you are.

The Barometer
Club Player

Gresham is a gun. Anyone who doesn't agree clearly isn't as qualified as me to comment about footballers.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

And exactly how does one make their opinion (posted on a forum nonetheless) superior to others? Interesting, perhaps it's a problem with perception??

I know people like to pull apart some of my opinions as they are critical .... same with Wellard or Citywest ... and often resort to insults to do so... because they don't like the opinion or POV and won't allow a contrary opinion ... it also becomes not only acceptable, but a popular response

Other problem is they are allowed to do this, because it's a popular opinion to be personally insulting.... imagine if society was like that... only popular opinion was allowed?

Reminds me of Cronulla...

Skeptic, if you interpret so much from my posts, on a personal level, other than what they are... just footy opinion... that's your issue...