Indie rock legend releases album on St Kilda coloured vinyl

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

Indie rock legend releases album on St Kilda coloured vinyl

Some of you may remember a thread a few years back when founding member Spiral Stairs wore a Saints scarf onstage during '90s indie rock legends Pavement's final reunion show at LA's Hollywood Bowl (in solidarity for the 2010 Grand Final replay which was happening next day), anyway Spiral has a new album out today called 'Doris & The Daggers' and the Australian pressing is coming out on St Kilda coloured vinyl (white vinyl base with red and black splatters).

It's strictly limited to 250 copies and has been getting brilliant reviews including 4 1/2 stars in yesterday's Herald-Sun Hit magazine and great reviews from Pitchfork, Mojo, Q, Uncut etc etc.

Just thought I'd let you know because he's a massive Saints fan and watches all of our games still on cable, and when he was living out here for a few years (he's married to an Aussie girl) he would go to games as often as he could. You can order online at

coolinbysound.bandcamp.com

(while there check out his label Coolin By Sound's logo, also Saints colours and based on our '80s stickman logo). Or you can purchase from major indie record shops as of next week.

Hope we triumph tomorrow, so excited!!

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
shrodes
SS Life Member

Re: Indie rock legend releases album on St Kilda coloured vi

Nice, I'll check it out, I like Pavement but not a diehard so never heard of Spiral Stairs. I like the sound on the Bandcamp page. Cheers.