Saints targeting Whitfield?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Re: Saints targeting Whitfield?

Postby dragit » Sat 18 Mar 2017 7:23pm

Spot on, right now we have one elite player on the list, the clubs in flag contention will likely have 5+
User avatar
dragit
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 11602
Joined: Tue 29 Jun 2010 11:56am

Re: Saints targeting Whitfield?

Postby Joffa Burns » Sat 18 Mar 2017 7:36pm

Elite user of the ball and very good runner, was a handy 400mt school boy runner.

Amazing that two Mt Martha & TPS boys both went #1 within two years of each other.
WW is the hurricane
It won't be over till they clear his name
And give him back the 2 weeks done
Banned from Saintsational
But one time he coulda been the champion of the forum
User avatar
Joffa Burns
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3107
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 5:48pm
Location: WW is the Saintsational Hurricane

Re: Saints targeting Whitfield?

Postby dragit » Sat 18 Mar 2017 8:22pm

Jax - why aren't we in to Martin, is it just the s*** bloke factor?

1 mil shouldn't be a problem for us with our current cap room.

I'd much rather a gun and two first rounders than just one gun, it's likely that any of the young GWS boys are going to cost more than 1 late first rounder.
User avatar
dragit
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 11602
Joined: Tue 29 Jun 2010 11:56am

Re: Saints targeting Whitfield?

Postby saynta » Sat 18 Mar 2017 9:04pm

Playon wrote:I didnt see the part where he said it was a secret. But you said we're going after Fyfe, so are you in that list?

Yeah weve got some great kids, but so do the bulldogs, the swans GWS etc. One thing is for sure is that every club will be trying to improve their list. If were not trying to recruit A graders were the only club that isn't. Given our position on the ladder we can't just rely on luck in the draft, we have to look at out of contacted players, FA's and the draft where we can best get an edge on all the other clubs.

If a Kelly or Shiel is available to us we go for it, Its not a great white hope, its something we need to do. A lot of our list is potential, theres no guarantees with potential



Yep. I was told last year we were after Fyfe, but so were 16 other clubs.

If he has resigned with Freo,then he is unavailable.

Full stop.
saynta
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4371
Joined: Wed 10 Mar 2004 3:53pm

Re: Saints targeting Whitfield?

Postby Myron Gaines » Sat 18 Mar 2017 9:30pm

dragit wrote:Jax - why aren't we in to Martin, is it just the s*** bloke factor?

1 mil shouldn't be a problem for us with our current cap room.

I'd much rather a gun and two first rounders than just one gun, it's likely that any of the young GWS boys are going to cost more than 1 late first rounder.


Martin will nominate Hawthorn mate.
Myron Gaines
Club Player
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue 15 Mar 2016 7:03pm

Re: Saints targeting Whitfield?

Postby saynta » Sat 18 Mar 2017 9:48pm

dragit wrote:Spot on, right now we have one elite player on the list, the clubs in flag contention will likely have 5+



By the end of the year, I'm tipping we will have four plus elite players.
saynta
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4371
Joined: Wed 10 Mar 2004 3:53pm

Re: Saints targeting Whitfield?

Postby Con Gorozidis » Sat 18 Mar 2017 10:24pm

Joffa Burns wrote:Elite user of the ball and very good runner, was a handy 400mt school boy runner.

Amazing that two Mt Martha & TPS boys both went #1 within two years of each other.



Apparently Shiel and Kelly are going to stay at GWS.

If that is the case I think we should consider trading up our first rounders for a top 3 and going for someone like Joel Garner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVii-Y-9CPo
User avatar
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 21530
Joined: Thu 19 Jun 2008 4:04pm

Re: Saints targeting Whitfield?

Postby Jacks Back » Sat 18 Mar 2017 11:09pm

saynta wrote:
jaxons wrote:
SMS wrote:Fyfe will be a saint. What is jaxons on??
I think jaxons has been smokescreened himself.
Fyfe for $1.5m is the best bet. Kelly is staying put at gws.



I'm here in the real world, Fyfe has signed at Freo.....fact.


Yeah. That was reported on line in WA a couple of days ago.

It was no secret.

Anyway, nothing wrong with the kids we have got.

Those posters hanging out for the great white hope are kidding themselves.

We delisted White.
As president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”
Jacks Back
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3431
Joined: Sat 11 Jun 2011 4:52pm
Location: Here

Re: Saints targeting Whitfield?

Postby saynta » Sun 19 Mar 2017 11:15am

Jacks Back wrote:
saynta wrote:
jaxons wrote:
SMS wrote:Fyfe will be a saint. What is jaxons on??
I think jaxons has been smokescreened himself.
Fyfe for $1.5m is the best bet. Kelly is staying put at gws.



I'm here in the real world, Fyfe has signed at Freo.....fact.


Yeah. That was reported on line in WA a couple of days ago.

It was no secret.

Anyway, nothing wrong with the kids we have got.

Those posters hanging out for the great white hope are kidding themselves.

We delisted White.


I thought he came back unfit and is now doing penance. :wink:
saynta
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4371
Joined: Wed 10 Mar 2004 3:53pm

Re: Saints targeting Whitfield?

Postby resaintlee » Mon 20 Mar 2017 4:46pm

jaxons wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
jaxons wrote:
prwilkinson wrote:Jaxons?


Can't say too much but it is a smokescreen.
Won't elaborate further so please don't ask.


Well I think it is pretty fare to say that if you are into a gun player that it needs to be commenced seriously a year or more out.

Waiting to near seasons end, or post season, may work for the lesser likes but guns will need to have been in serious talks for a while. The player will want the best deal, and the club (in this case the Saints) will not want to set aside the best part of a $million plus or minus a bit only to have it not used.


So of the Saints are to be of any hope landing a gun for 2018. So as Holmes would say, "The game is afoot"



You are correct, we are well underway in discussions for this years trade period.


I would hope that this is not happening with Blake Aces and that he is not planning to do a Luke Ball. It concens me when a player starts performing below par.
resaintlee
Club Player
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Wed 21 Oct 2009 11:18am
Location: Bendigo

Re: Saints targeting Whitfield?

Postby saintsRrising » Mon 20 Mar 2017 5:30pm

resaintlee wrote:
I would hope that this is not happening with Blake Aces and that he is not planning to do a Luke Ball. It concens me when a player starts performing below par.


If you mean Acres, he did rack up 38 disposals in his last game.
Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
User avatar
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 25907
Joined: Mon 15 Mar 2004 11:07am
Location: On a yacht in The Whitsundays.

Previous

Return to Saintsational Fan Forum (open to all ages)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], J-Boy061979, peter van ravenstein, Proph3t of egan, RedCentreSaint, Spud, thefatdork and 37 guests