Interstate members' complimentary tickets

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: Interstate members' complimentary tickets

saint64 wrote:I think you are right to some extent Premium89. For whatever reason there are only ever 500 seats available for Saints members at Subi Oval and as we have about 1400 members in WA then something has to give (assuming that at least 1000 WA members want to go to at least one game). I just hope that the club are continuing to look at this issue and continuing to do what it can to encourage new members to come on board around the country, and not just in Melbourne. Not all kids in WA want to become Eagles or Dockers supporters. Many are open to supporting other clubs. If the club wants to push up to 50000 members then it needs to continue to work hard to attract new members in areas such as WA.
Speaking as someone born in Victoria, and spent half my life there, I think you're wrong that "not all kids in WA want to become Eagles or Dockers supporters".
West Aussies share 96% of their DNA with sheep, and just follow what everyone else is doing. They are terrified of going against the grain.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saint64
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote:
saint64 wrote:I think you are right to some extent Premium89. For whatever reason there are only ever 500 seats available for Saints members at Subi Oval and as we have about 1400 members in WA then something has to give (assuming that at least 1000 WA members want to go to at least one game). I just hope that the club are continuing to look at this issue and continuing to do what it can to encourage new members to come on board around the country, and not just in Melbourne. Not all kids in WA want to become Eagles or Dockers supporters. Many are open to supporting other clubs. If the club wants to push up to 50000 members then it needs to continue to work hard to attract new members in areas such as WA.
Speaking as someone born in Victoria, and spent half my life there, I think you're wrong that "not all kids in WA want to become Eagles or Dockers supporters".
West Aussies share 96% of their DNA with sheep, and just follow what everyone else is doing. They are terrified of going against the grain.
This is not a WA v Victoria thing WellardSaint. My experience from being part of the Western Saints committee for ten years until recently has been that some kids are open to supportng a team other than the local teams for various reasons. We held a training session with some of the WA Saints players a few years ago and we had two or three hundred kids there. I know from my own experience growing up in Tassie that once a kid is hooked on a team it becomes a passion that will last a lifetime. The club has done some good work over the years in promoting its brand outside of its heartland with the help of the local Saints supporter groups, but it needs to keep doing so.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

saint64 wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
This is not a WA v Victoria thing WellardSaint. My experience from being part of the Western Saints committee for ten years until recently has been that some kids are open to supportng a team other than the local teams for various reasons. We held a training session with some of the WA Saints players a few years ago and we had two or three hundred kids there. I know from my own experience growing up in Tassie that once a kid is hooked on a team it becomes a passion that will last a lifetime. The club has done some good work over the years in promoting its brand outside of its heartland with the help of the local Saints supporter groups, but it needs to keep doing so.
Moved here in 98. Cannot stand the locals' narrow-minded attitudes, all they care about is Bali and body-art.
It's a big pet peeve of mine.
They live in a bubble of 5km around their suburb.
Anyway, I used to go to a lot of the Western Saints functions, Hyde Park Hotel, Karalee, Civic, Inglewood, The Game, but stopped at end of 2015, because nobody goes any more;
lucky to get 5 Saints fans to The Game Sports Bar. Refuse to go now, just watch on my phone.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
saint64
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote:
saint64 wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
Moved here in 98. Cannot stand the locals' narrow-minded attitudes, all they care about is Bali and body-art.
It's a big pet peeve of mine.
They live in a bubble of 5km around their suburb.
Anyway, I used to go to a lot of the Western Saints functions, Hyde Park Hotel, Karalee, Civic, Inglewood, The Game, but stopped at end of 2015, because nobody goes any more;
lucky to get 5 Saints fans to The Game Sports Bar. Refuse to go now, just watch on my phone.
That's disappointing to hear WellardSaint. I have been a regular at all of those venues as well over the last 15 years or so and The Game Sports Bar is the best of the lot in my opinion. It is a great venue to watch footy and they always go out of their way to make us feel welcome there. We have had some great turnouts there over the last couple of years and the Western Saints have worked hard to make it attractive to Saints supporters, with clear signage, sausage sizzles, weekly giveaways, etc. The joint function we had there with the Geelong supporters last year was huge. I would urge you to give it another try.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

In 2015, there were at least 8 games where it was just me until halfway thru the first quarter, then 3 others came, then after half-time another 4-6 arrived.
Some said "2 hour free parking" is why they go late. I always parked near the Greek church, which costs a bit, but I didn't mind.
I didn't go at all last year, but I will go Round 1 to see if anyone can be bothered.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

WellardSaint wrote:In 2015, there were at least 8 games where it was just me until halfway thru the first quarter, then 3 others came, then after half-time another 4-6 arrived.
Some said "2 hour free parking" is why they go late. I always parked near the Greek church, which costs a bit, but I didn't mind.
I didn't go at all last year, but I will go Round 1 to see if anyone can be bothered.
the interstaters plight is a hard one - yep you are against the flood of the local sentiment and coverage but the WA sainters need YOU!!!
By Saint64 description - its sounds like the WA'ers have a great bunch of people & well organised - they just need you to turn up and perhaps drag along a few new potential converts

Seeya
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

oh Saint64 do you guys run a WA footy tipping comp ? always a good way to develop "community"

Seeya
saint64
Club Player

I think we have looked at it sunsaint, but haven't gone down that path for whatever reason. Trav from the Western Saints might be the better person to comment on that. I have stood down from the committee this year.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:In 2015, there were at least 8 games where it was just me until halfway thru the first quarter, then 3 others came, then after half-time another 4-6 arrived.
the interstaters plight is a hard one - yep you are against the flood of the local sentiment and coverage but the WA sainters need YOU!!!
By Saint64 description - its sounds like the WA'ers have a great bunch of people & well organised - they just need you to turn up and perhaps drag along a few new potential converts
2015 early season, Friday night against Pies, we had about 20-30 there at the pub.
Then folks stopped coming. Why? Parking expensive? Maybe, I don't know.