Jake Lever... Are we in the running???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Jake Lever... Are we in the running???

Jake Lever, have we made an offer? Can we at this time of year? Would be a great pickup.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Jake Lever... Are we in the running???

Geez, if there is any chance this kid wants to come home to Melbourne, I'd certainly hope we were putting a really good offer to him.

He is the perfect type to be our 3rd tall defender along side Carlisle and Brown/Goddard for the next decade. He is a gun, and will only improve from here.

Drafted the same year as Paddy & Goddard, we could arguably have the 3 best KPP from that draft (maybe 3 of the best 4 if you include 2m Peter)

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Yes please. Make it so, number one.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
SuperDuper
Club Player

would be a great one to chase IMO.
We need one more KPD IMO.....
Dempster finished this year and Brown is short term

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Long odds to get him out of Adelaide from what I've read. We probably do need to look at another young tall back one way or another. Need to see how Carlisle's body holds up. Goddard had injury problems and yet to see if he can play at an AFL level (although I've liked what I've seen at VFL) - whether his lack of speed will be an issue. Coughlan will be pumping away in the VFL for another season - needs to really show something to stay on the list. Roberton I still think could become a third tall option playing deep if he can bulk up a bit.

Not sure if they would look at guys like Battle or Marshall as defensive options if they can't get them in the team other places. IF we go to the draft with all our picks then we could use a first rounder on a really talented young key defender. Some of them are showing they can come straight in as well