There are too too many knockers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

damienc
Club Player

There are too too many knockers

I am going to lose my rag.

Doesn't happen very often. Never happened before on this site. But....you know what they say. A first time for everything.

I just read a post that made my blood boil. It carried the heading We are not good enough or something close. It then proceeded in a half arsed way, IMO, to deconstruct our recruiting. They ( the recruiters) got it oh so wrong.

Sorry but WTF? Enough with the naysaying.

I am not criticising the poster. Everyone including me is entitled to their opinion. In the words of Voltaire I may disagree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it. However, this is just so off the mark it is hilarious.

Anyone who watched us take apart the blues on their home turf would clearly see that our recruiters have got it oh so right.

Ok. It's a practice match. They were missing some big names. But so were we. Our midfield absolutely monstered the Blues. If you don't believe me look at the stats.

For the first time since I can remember we have a midfield capable of mixing it with the best. We have some tough nuts who just love the physical stuff and the contest. I am talking about Steele and Koby.

Brucey bags seven as easy as you like. Paddy roaming far and wide takes 12 marks and wins 18 possessions. Our backline is looking as solid as a rock with Carlisle and Brown.

Sure we haven't been tested. In the next game we play Sydney. That will be a test. But to write us off so early when the signs are so positive is just plain wrong and so much BS in my view.

Nothing personal here. I am attacking the idea not the man. I reckon we have a footy team that could do anything. I can't wait for them to prove me right.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: There are too too many knockers

Not enough knockers in my life damo.

markp
Saintsational Legend

More cans, less can'ts.

GSG
Club Player

damienc wrote:I am going to lose my rag.

Doesn't happen very often. Never happened before on this site. But....you know what they say. A first time for everything.

I just read a post that made my blood boil. It carried the heading We are not good enough or something close. It then proceeded in a half arsed way, IMO, to deconstruct our recruiting. They ( the recruiters) got it oh so wrong.

Sorry but WTF? Enough with the naysaying.

I am not criticising the poster. Everyone including me is entitled to their opinion. In the words of Voltaire I may disagree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it. However, this is just so off the mark it is hilarious.

Anyone who watched us take apart the blues on their home turf would clearly see that our recruiters have got it oh so right.

Ok. It's a practice match. They were missing some big names. But so were we. Our midfield absolutely monstered the Blues. If you don't believe me look at the stats.

For the first time since I can remember we have a midfield capable of mixing it with the best. We have some tough nuts who just love the physical stuff and the contest. I am talking about Steele and Koby.

Brucey bags seven as easy as you like. Paddy roaming far and wide takes 12 marks and wins 18 possessions. Our backline is looking as solid as a rock with Carlisle and Brown.

Sure we haven't been tested. In the next game we play Sydney. That will be a test. But to write us off so early when the signs are so positive is just plain wrong and so much BS in my view.

Nothing personal here. I am attacking the idea not the man. I reckon we have a footy team that could do anything. I can't wait for them to prove me right.

1++++++++ :P

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

some people post for effect

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

I'm genuinely looking forward to going to footy every week again to watch this team play. Love heaps of these young guys.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I think this is a harsh op IMO

the thread that you're referring to IMO merely raised some concerns for discussion that it's author had with the central theme being the gap between genuine improvement and potential.

Our success this season IMO hinges largely on the ability of a number of players (like most clubs most seasons) to go from being ok'ish promising players to taking the next step up to be good players:

Off hand this includes Dunstan, Billings, Paddy, Acres, Gresh, Minch, Wright, Newnes, Savage, Webster and so on

I don't think it was as negative a thread as you've interpreted in my humble opinion

I'm more in the optimistic camp at them moment... least I was until I heard Longer and Holmes have leapt past Hickey and Acres is again getting limited game time but still. I predicted a top 4finish for us this season, but I would be lying if I said that the things JM pointed out didn't concern me too

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

So not allowed to be honest if it is critical?

What is this, Bigfooty?

The post in question was completely reasonable, points were made, it was written objectively and a pov was argued... sounds like good forum debate

This post on the other hand is emotive, confusing (it suggests we all have a right to an opinion, then shuts down someone's opinion) and not sure too many valid points are made.

I often find similarities between the way posters on this site defend anything stk and the way parents go into bat for their kids.
Intentions are obvious, reasoning is often out the window

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

You can never get enough knockers, points or cans. :wink:

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!